**** This Week Thru Your M43 (October 5, 2012) ****

Started Oct 6, 2012 | Discussions
alfredo_tomato
Senior MemberPosts: 2,611Gear list
Like?
Lawn guys no show, lawn goes to seed.
In reply to SLOtographer, Oct 6, 2012

Used my Industar 50-2 and extension tubes on the EPL-1.

Foxtail

fescue

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,028Gear list
Like?
Re: One location, two lenses, three evenings
In reply to Atwater, Oct 6, 2012

I like the first the best. As you asked for C&C do you think it might benefit from cropping more of tye grass out to bring the horizon lower? And maybe a touch from the left. Although you'd be left with a weird aspect...

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Atwater
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
In reply to Wormsmeat, Oct 6, 2012

Wormsmeat wrote:

I like the first the best. As you asked for C&C do you think it might benefit from cropping more of tye grass out to bring the horizon lower? And maybe a touch from the left. Although you'd be left with a weird aspect...

Thanks!  Yes, absolutely my favorite shot as well.  Here's my original crop:

I re-edited it to match the 16:9 of the others which I was playing with this week.  I think you're absolutely right about cropping the left side.  I'll do that.

Atwater's gear list:Atwater's gear list
Lytro Light Field 8GB Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +1 more
John Bean (UK)
Forum ProPosts: 18,034
Like?
Barn

Camera: E-M5. Lens: ZD25/2.8 on MMF-2 adapter. Overcast natural light.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [BST (GMT+1)]

alfredo_tomato
Like?
Re: Barn
In reply to John Bean (UK), Oct 6, 2012

Really nice color and texture.

Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
alfredo_tomato
Like?
Posted wrong picture.
In reply to alfredo_tomato, Oct 6, 2012

Fecus I wanted to post.  Posting while distracted is hazardous.

Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to Atwater, Oct 6, 2012

I think that's more dramatic TBH

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Posted wrong picture.

Lawn guys no show? You been drinking too much of that ale to be able to use a mower yourself Al?

Atwater
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

I think that's more dramatic TBH

Many thanks.  I value the input, and it's a good reminder to go with first instincts.  I lose perspective when I play with an image too long.

Atwater's gear list:Atwater's gear list
Lytro Light Field 8GB Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +1 more
the bluesman
Regular MemberPosts: 410
Like?
James Bonds Island

Well this shot was taken last week and it is 50 years since the 1st James Bond movie, my name is also James

rrockley
Regular MemberPosts: 386Gear list
Like?
Mono Lake

Three images from my trip to Mono County the week before last.

It’s not hard to take good pictures at Mono Lake, as long as you get there early. And by early, I mean half an hour or so before dawn. That way, you get to see the pre-dawn pink light of the sun gradually working its way down the mountains of Yosemite to the west. The pink mountains are then reflected in the lake. The best pictures of Mono Lake are all taken with some cloud in the sky, so that the clouds also pick up the pink dawn light, but that’s one thing you can’t control – no clouds the three days I was there.

I took over 300 pictures at Mono, most taken between 6.30am and about 8.30am (also a few in the evening), but I noticed that the 11 best “keepers” were all taken in the 15 minutes between 6.52 and 7.07am. Here are three of them:

rrockley's gear list:rrockley's gear list
Olympus E-M1
McNoodle
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Autumn Beach

McNoodle's gear list:McNoodle's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +1 more
alfredo_tomato
Like?
Re: Posted wrong picture.

My townhouse fees pays for their services. I could use my hedge trimmer on my little patch of green.

I'm drinking Pilsners now. I loved them in those halcyon days of my youth, so it was time to revisit them.  They are less demanding than your typical DIPA or Imperial Stout.

SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,908Gear list
Like?
Re: 3 self-portraits

Wormy - Like the first, and love the third.  Gives me some ideas to try, so thanks for making me think of ideas.

Go Everton!

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer
"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
SLOtographer
Like?
Re: Meeting a self-portrait
In reply to dr_elis, Oct 6, 2012

Well executed!  I like the color treatment as well as the placement of the subjects.

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer
"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer
Like?
Re: Mono Lake
In reply to rrockley, Oct 6, 2012

Beautiful!  I love images of this side of the Sierras.  Imageswith the water is a winner!

I really must get myself back to this part of CA.  THank you for sharing your insights of when to be there.  That's very, very useful to know.

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer

rrockley
Like?

Three highly original shots this week Wormy - the first is especially striking - how did you get the two pinpoints of light?

Olympus E-M1
rrockley
Like?
Re: Mono Lake

SLOtographer wrote:

I really must get myself back to this part of CA.  THank you for sharing your insights of when to be there.  That's very, very useful to know.

I forgot to say that sunrise was at 6.48am at that time of year (according to the internet). The sun doesn't actually rise at the lake until 5-10 minutes after that due to the mountains to the east. anyway, the best pictures seemed to be from sunrise (ie 5 minutes before it actually rose at the lake) to about 15 minutes after.

Olympus E-M1
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Barn
In reply to John Bean (UK), Oct 6, 2012

Nice! Like a countryside Mondrian.

Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to rrockley, Oct 6, 2012

Just had a pair of glasses on the top of my head and I guess it was lit from a lamp behind me.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads