Watercolor Mode

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions
oceansider
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Watercolor Mode
Oct 4, 2012

Hi There everyone, I have had my RX100 for about 1 month now and I enjoy the camera every day. I have to say, Sony has crafted a precision tool with the RX100. I haven’t seen much on the Watercolor Mode with the little Sony. I almost passed this feature off as a gimmicky point and shoot add on. This JPG shot was done in Watercolor Mode and just tweaked a little in PSE 9. The camera did most of the work. (Newbe to the forum 1st post)

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
fromo1946
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Re: Watercolor Mode
In reply to oceansider, Oct 4, 2012

Wow, very nice job...what other camera has this mode? Thanks again,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
oceansider
Like?
In reply to fromo1946, Oct 5, 2012

Hi fromo1946, Thank you, I have seen this on other cameras but the RX-100 does a great job in this mode. Thanks again!

HGFGKM
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
In reply to oceansider, Oct 5, 2012

It is a fantastic feature, it very successfully adds art and beauty to standard pictures...these two are from Bermuda.

HGFGKM's gear list:HGFGKM's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro +7 more
fromo1946
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?

what I'd like to know, is it indicated in the mode as "watercolor" mode or under a different heading? This is a very unique attribute and I'm trying to find it on my A-77, but there's other modes available.

Thanks again,

Dutchpepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,339Gear list
Like?
In reply to fromo1946, Oct 5, 2012

fromo1946 wrote:

Wow, very nice job...what other camera has this mode? Thanks again,

Yes its a lot of fun

Its found on most of the upper 2012 models Hx200v, Hx20v, Hx10v, WX150/100 etc, etc

DP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loubella/

Dutchpepper's gear list:Dutchpepper's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Tamron AF 55-200mm F/4-5.6 Di II LD Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +6 more
oceansider
Like?
In reply to HGFGKM, Oct 5, 2012

If you preview your seen in Water Color before you shoot you will have better success. Close subjects do not adapt as well as subjects farther in the distance. Also keeping your subject simple without a lot of geometric shapes works best.

Joachim Gerstl
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,357Gear list
Like?

Usually I hat filters but these examples are very nice. Is there a chance to select a photo and add this filter or must I choose watercolor filter prior to the shot?

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-5 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 6D +17 more
Dutchpepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,339Gear list
Like?
In reply to Joachim Gerstl, Oct 5, 2012

Joachim Gerstl wrote:

Usually I hat filters but these examples are very nice. Is there a chance to select a photo and add this filter or must I choose watercolor filter prior to the shot?

-- hide signature --

You choose the photo you want to apply the effect after it has been taken, the camera then keeps the original and the one with the watercolor effect. Pretty cool!!

DP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loubella/

Dutchpepper's gear list:Dutchpepper's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a5000 Sony a6000 Tamron AF 55-200mm F/4-5.6 Di II LD Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +6 more
martin0reg
Regular MemberPosts: 152
Like?
In reply to Dutchpepper, Oct 5, 2012

As I said repeatedly regarding the sony effects:

Dear Sony Corporation, please make "water color" and "illustration" available in your post processing software "play memories home" or "image data converter". No other software or plugin does it so well and easy as your cameras

-- hide signature --

inkjet printer forum for refillers:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php

oceansider
Like?
In reply to HGFGKM, Oct 6, 2012

Hi, HGFGMK, Very nice Water Color shots. As in yours I am finding that this mode is well programmed for artful handling of foliage of just about any type, nicely done.

ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,354Gear list
Like?
In reply to oceansider, Oct 6, 2012

Screen is blank.

-- hide signature --

Alan.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Pentax K-30 +7 more
oceansider
Like?
In reply to ASR45, Oct 6, 2012

Sorry about that. I am new to this forum and must have done something wrong with my reply. I was referencing how well this mode handled foliage and included another picture.
Thanks, I will give it another try.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads