How to set Timelapse Settings in 5d Mark2 ?

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions
syam
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
How to set Timelapse Settings in 5d Mark2 ?
Oct 3, 2012

Hi Friends,

Please help me to make Timelapse Settings in 5d Mark2.. waiting for your valuable comments,
Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Syam

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
showmetheprime
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Re: How to set Timelapse Settings in 5d Mark2 ?
In reply to syam, Oct 3, 2012

I'm afraid you backed the wrong pony, Canon doesn't like Intervalometers for some reason. Buy the D600 or D800 instead for real photography features...

syam wrote:

Hi Friends,

Please help me to make Timelapse Settings in 5d Mark2.. waiting for your valuable comments,
Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Syam

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
kjbkix
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
In reply to showmetheprime, Oct 3, 2012

Or buy the $15 Neewer intervalometer on Amazon which does everything the $150 Canon one does for a tenth of the price.

showmetheprime wrote:

I'm afraid you backed the wrong pony, Canon doesn't like Intervalometers for some reason. Buy the D600 or D800 instead for real photography features...

syam wrote:

Hi Friends,

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Syam

kjbkix's gear list:kjbkix's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Lemming51
Forum ProPosts: 12,716Gear list
Like?

syam wrote:

There is no time-lapse feature built into the 5D II, or any other EOS camera.
It is done by:

(1) Tether the camera via the included USB cord to a computer, and use the Timer Controlled shooting functions of the EOS Utility software included with the 5D II.

(2) Purchase the Canon TC-80N3 remote timer control, or similar from other vendors. Refer to the instructions included with the control.

-- hide signature --

Unapologetic Canon Apologist

Lemming51's gear list:Lemming51's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
M Stewart
Regular MemberPosts: 431Gear list
Like?
In reply to Lemming51, Oct 3, 2012

Lemming51 wrote:

syam wrote:

There is no time-lapse feature built into the 5D II, or any other EOS camera.

There's a time-lapse feature in my old Eos 10 - a film SLR - I also have and use the TC-80N3 on my later bodies.

-- hide signature --

M. Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

M Stewart's gear list:M Stewart's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +15 more
CalBoy87
Contributing MemberPosts: 720Gear list
Like?

http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Lantern_Firmware_Wiki

Download, install (read before) and you can get timelapse with it

trulandphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 518Gear list
Like?
#ignorethetroll [nt]

showmetheprime wrote:

syam wrote:

Hi Friends,

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Syam

trulandphoto's gear list:trulandphoto's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
cs hauser
Contributing MemberPosts: 705
Like?
My first down vote!

showmetheprime wrote:

This posts earns my very first use of dpreview's new down vote!

Causio
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
In reply to syam, Oct 4, 2012

I use the Pixel TW-282:

http://www.pixelhk.com/product.aspx?proSortID=2213&NodesID=40102

Cheaper than Canon equivalent, full featured, well built and reliable. I believe there's also a cheaper wired version.

Luc

-- hide signature --
 Causio's gear list:Causio's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 45mm f/2.8 +16 more
Jos van Eekelen
Regular MemberPosts: 102
Like?
In reply to Causio, Oct 4, 2012

Have a look at the Triggertrap: https://triggertrap.com/ and look for the mobile device. It uses an Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.

Its RKM
Senior MemberPosts: 2,770
Like?
In reply to Causio, Oct 4, 2012

Causio wrote:

I use the Pixel TW-282:

http://www.pixelhk.com/product.aspx?proSortID=2213&NodesID=40102

Sure gets my vote - as the worst designed web page on the planet!

Is there any reason for the item you are interested in being crammed into the bottom of the page while a selection of 3 unrelated items fight for control of the rest of the displayed page every second?

Someone ought to tell them that its losing them business, but I couldn't stand the irritation of being on that page long enough to lodge a complaint.

5tve
Contributing MemberPosts: 652Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jos van Eekelen, Oct 4, 2012

Jos van Eekelen wrote:

Have a look at the Triggertrap: https://triggertrap.com/ and look for the mobile device. It uses an Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.

The Time-lapse on the D800 & D600 is similar to the Interval-meter the difference is it outputs a finished video to the memory card.

5tve's gear list:5tve's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony a6000
Craig76
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Intervalometer?
In reply to syam, Oct 5, 2012

Do you mean your looking for a an intervalometer? Here is what I use on my 60D. Im not certain it works with the 5D models, but I don't see why it wouldn't. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Q9RERY/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

Its cheap as heck, with solid build quality, easy to read screen and all the features a good intervalometer should have. I first bought a more expensive model thinking it would be better but the build quality and buttons where lousy. Hard to read display. This intervalometer is one of the best values on the market.

The troll did have a point though. It is about time Canon started programing intervalometer functions into the cameras.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/cpilecky

syam
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
In reply to Lemming51, Oct 17, 2012

Thanks All,

How to export the stills & which software is used for that for making mov file?

Regards,

Syam

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads