V1 down to $445 on Amazon

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions
Adamant
Regular MemberPosts: 288
Like?
V1 down to $445 on Amazon
Oct 1, 2012

...with 10-30mm kit zoom. Heck of a deal. Probably means V1 2 is on the way soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Camera-System-10-30mm/dp/B005OGR3DM/

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bailey151
Contributing MemberPosts: 973
Like?
Re: V1 down to $445 on Amazon
In reply to Adamant, Oct 1, 2012
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
grickie
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bailey151, Oct 1, 2012

Wow, great deals out there!!

techmine
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
In reply to Adamant, Oct 1, 2012

Got for $382 shipped on E-bay. Guess prices will go even down. I used it for the first time this weekend (they don't even display in stores - just the J1's!!!) and I tell you, it at least beats the Olympus E-PL1 picture quality that I bought 2 years ago. Don't even want to compare the AF. All in all, it makes sense to buy it at this cheap if you have Nikkor lens inventory.

-- hide signature --

Enjoying Digital age!

techmine's gear list:techmine's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Nikon Coolpix P300 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D40 Nikon D300S +8 more
WCguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 945Gear list
Like?
In reply to techmine, Oct 2, 2012

techmine wrote:

Got for $382 shipped on E-bay. Guess prices will go even down. I used it for the first time this weekend (they don't even display in stores - just the J1's!!!) and I tell you, it at least beats the Olympus E-PL1 picture quality that I bought 2 years ago. Don't even want to compare the AF. All in all, it makes sense to buy it at this cheap if you have Nikkor lens inventory.

-- hide signature --

Enjoying Digital age!

It made sense to us that had the money to buy it at the higher price a year ago.
--
It's What You Learn After You Know It All That Counts !

WCguy's gear list:WCguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 AW1 +31 more
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 22,761
Like?
In reply to Bailey151, Oct 3, 2012

Bailey151 wrote:

Well at least it's livened up this forum

It's $399 @ Adorama -

http://www.adorama.com/INK1V1BK.html?emailprice=t&utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=rflaid63773

It's $499 @ Adorama now. The price is increasing.

olyflyer
Like?
In reply to Adamant, Oct 3, 2012

Adamant wrote:

...with 10-30mm kit zoom. Heck of a deal. Probably means V1 2 is on the way soon.

Hurry up, only one left for that price...

No, there won't be a V2, but the price of V1 is going up due to the fact that the speculations about the V2 is now confirmed BS, so now they are no longer afraid about getting stuck with a lot of V1s on stock.

olyflyer
Like?
In reply to WCguy, Oct 3, 2012

WCguy wrote:

techmine wrote:

-- hide signature --

Enjoying Digital age!

It made sense to us that had the money to buy it at the higher price a year ago.

Exactly. One can always wait for prices to drop but in that case one will miss the joy of having it brand new and using it from the start.

Jared Huntr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,508Gear list
Like?
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 3, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

WCguy wrote:

techmine wrote:

-- hide signature --

Enjoying Digital age!

Exactly. One can always wait for prices to drop but in that case one will miss the joy of having it brand new and using it from the start.

I got my V1 at the beginning of summer and in Canada, the prices haven't really changed. In fact, I still don't think it is possible to beat my 10mm kit deal with a free SB-N5 flash thrown in.

But even if the price had dropped a lot, I'd have no regrets. The memories it captured with my partner on our hikes and bike trips are priceless - she triggers the infra-red remote while I hold the camera out on a monopod-type stick. As far as I know, there is no other mirrorless camera that is light enough to make this practical while being able to be triggered remotely and still capture near dSLR quality images.

For me, my picture taking count drops off towards winter, so I'd be less inclined to purchase a new camera at this time of the year..

Jared Huntr's gear list:Jared Huntr's gear list
Ricoh GR
Wayne N.
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,973
Like?
In reply to Jared Huntr, Oct 3, 2012

Jared Huntr wrote:

For me, my picture taking count drops off towards winter, so I'd be less inclined to purchase a new camera at this time of the year..

You got that right. My picture taking count falls off a cliff in winter

So, I am very happy that I got my V1 in March (for a pretty decent price actually) and had the pleasure of using it in the spring and all summer. So the price of it now doesn't matter much to me (although I am interested in knowing why they are discounting it in places so much).

Cheers,

Wayne
http://www.pbase.com/wayne_n

ispress
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
In reply to Wayne N., Oct 4, 2012

Now Amazon is back up to $499, matching Adorama's new price.  The fire sale appears to be over (although $499 is still an excellent price).

ispress's gear list:ispress's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
ageha
Contributing MemberPosts: 651Gear list
Like?
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 4, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

No, there won't be a V2, but the price of V1 is going up due to the fact that the speculations about the V2 is now confirmed BS, so now they are no longer afraid about getting stuck with a lot of V1s on stock.

"Confirmed BS"? Who confirmed it?

ageha's gear list:ageha's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +17 more
goshxii
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
Re: all nine yards for $720 (3 lens set)
In reply to ageha, Oct 15, 2012

if I didn't have V1 already I would buy this one in a second... and it's white - beauty!

http://www.cameta.com/Nikon-1-V1-Digital-Camera-Body-with-10-30mm-VR-Lens-White-67675.cfm

olyflyer
Like?
In reply to ageha, Oct 15, 2012

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

ageha
Contributing MemberPosts: 651Gear list
Like?
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 16, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

Yeah, sure mate.

ageha's gear list:ageha's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 +17 more
olyflyer
Like?
In reply to ageha, Oct 17, 2012

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

Yeah, sure mate.

OK, so where is the V2?

The price of the V1 kit dropped during Photokina because people were speculating about the V2. It is for me obvious that Nikon did not release any V2 and that the prices went up again. Of course, not to the same level as it was a year ago, which is fully normal, but it is not falling like a stone and is not been replaced. Of course, one day it will be replaced by something else but my guess is that it won't happen very soon. Anyway, the current price is $489.80 according to that link above.

JasonED
Contributing MemberPosts: 822
Like?
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 17, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

Yeah, sure mate.

OK, so where is the V2?

The price of the V1 kit dropped during Photokina because people were speculating about the V2. It is for me obvious that Nikon did not release any V2 and that the prices went up again. Of course, not to the same level as it was a year ago, which is fully normal, but it is not falling like a stone and is not been replaced. Of course, one day it will be replaced by something else but my guess is that it won't happen very soon. Anyway, the current price is $489.80 according to that link above.

V2 could be here next week...

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/10/17/breaking-nikon-70-200mm-f4-lens-with-next-generation-vr-to-be-announced-next-week.aspx/

-- hide signature --

The sky is blue and there is nothing we can do..

olyflyer
Like?
Yes, it could be here next week, but...
In reply to JasonED, Oct 17, 2012

JasonED wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

Yeah, sure mate.

OK, so where is the V2?

http://nikonrumors.com/2012/10/17/breaking-nikon-70-200mm-f4-lens-with-next-generation-vr-to-be-announced-next-week.aspx/

-- hide signature --

...we will see that next week. Then you might say it could be here the week after... and so on. It could have been here during Photokina as well, but it wasn't.

JasonED
Contributing MemberPosts: 822
Like?
Re: Yes, it could be here next week, but...
In reply to olyflyer, Oct 17, 2012

olyflyer wrote:

JasonED wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

Yeah, sure mate.

OK, so where is the V2?

-- hide signature --

...we will see that next week. Then you might say it could be here the week after... and so on. It could have been here during Photokina as well, but it wasn't.

Well it was only ever speculation that a V2 would arrive at Photokina.    NR is extremely reliable when they state a definite release date for something and Photokina was never it for the V2.

-- hide signature --

olyflyer
Like?
Re: Yes, it could be here next week, but...
In reply to JasonED, Oct 17, 2012

JasonED wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

JasonED wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

ageha wrote:

olyflyer wrote:

Adamant wrote:

Nikon.

Yeah, sure mate.

OK, so where is the V2?

-- hide signature --

Well it was only ever speculation that a V2 would arrive at Photokina.    NR is extremely reliable when they state a definite release date for something and Photokina was never it for the V2.

Whatever happens happens. I have done my shopping for this year, so I won't be interested. I am happy with the V1 as it is and don't really need a new version.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads