Sams Club or Walmart cameras

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions
Bowest
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Sams Club or Walmart cameras
Oct 1, 2012

I was going to get a T4i or 7D from sams club or walmart but after talking with some photo freaks I was told that the cameras from Walmart and Sams are not the same quality as one from a better store such as Best Buy or one of the major photo stores online. Is this true? Now I don't want to shop at walmart or sams for a camera.

Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sunflower6
Regular MemberPosts: 359
Like?
Horsefeathers.
In reply to Bowest, Oct 1, 2012

Bowest wrote:

I was going to get a T4i or 7D from sams club or walmart but after talking with some photo freaks I was told that the cameras from Walmart and Sams are not the same quality as one from a better store such as Best Buy or one of the major photo stores online. Is this true? Now I don't want to shop at walmart or sams for a camera.

They're fulla crap. Don't believe anything else they tell you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
clearzoom
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903Gear list
Like?
Re: Sams Club or Walmart cameras

that's joke and ridiculous that's not at all.
they are genuine cameras at sams/costco/walmart vs BestBuy.
Canon/Nikon Brand dont make pajamas for outlet

clearzoom's gear list:clearzoom's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +3 more
B1ackhat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,783Gear list
Like?

The guy at STS told me the the same thing about tires when I asked him to pricematch Sam's Club and it was total BS. WM/Sam's do sell models of electronics that are specifically manufactured for them and often these models are made with inferior parts, but if the model number is exactly the same, it's the same camera.

-- hide signature --

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~ Immanual Kant

CameraCarl
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,189Gear list
Like?
In reply to B1ackhat, Oct 1, 2012

Sometimes Sams Club and Costco sell a previous model of a camera, but, as mentioned, if the model number is the same the camera is the same as you would buy anywhere else.

CameraCarl's gear list:CameraCarl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Dimension7
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
In reply to Bowest, Oct 2, 2012

LOL, I heard of this before but they were talking about lenses. A friend of mine had told me not to buy camera lens at Walmart as they are of lower quality. BS!

Marty Too
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008
Like?
In reply to Dimension7, Oct 2, 2012

There were (and may still be) some Sony TV models that were available at Wal-Mart and no where else. The model numbers were different from the lines sold elsewhere.

Years ago I was able to talk Ritz Camera into matching Wal-Mart. I did this when they offered me the extended warranty. I made the deal that I would buy the warranty of they matched the price. This was a film camera purchased in 1999.

BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,631Gear list
Like?
In reply to Marty Too, Oct 2, 2012

Wal-Mart is considered a very difficult store for a manufactuer to even get into in order to sell their wares. Very competitive, and with a very low profit margin. I have never heard any of this stuff about cameras, but have heard this about tires made by major manufacturers.

tocar
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,145
Like?
Don't believe it..
In reply to Bowest, Oct 3, 2012

WalMart/Sam's, Costco have the same cameras as retail box stores in which you pay higher prices for. I'm a Costco member and they have better return policies than BB or online stores. The only problem is that Costco has limited selections to choose from but they include accessories that other retailers don't include ie memory cards, case and free prints!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads