Petition to lower A99 price

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions
JasperD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,662
Like?
Re: Petition to lower A99 price
In reply to JIngrouille, Sep 30, 2012

Don´t forget the fondling factor of those...

Everything has a price!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digititus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,285Gear list
Like?
If the price comes down.....
In reply to BMWX5, Sep 30, 2012

......the gloat factor is lost along with the status symbol value. It' like a cheap BMW, who'd want one?

JIngrouille
Contributing MemberPosts: 697Gear list
Like?
In reply to JasperD, Sep 30, 2012

Thats true iv'e paid good money for a fondling!!!

JasperD wrote:

Don´t forget the fondling factor of those...

Everything has a price!

-- hide signature --

Ingy

JIngrouille's gear list:JIngrouille's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
barri
Contributing MemberPosts: 865Gear list
Like?
In reply to BMWX5, Oct 1, 2012

I vote #2.

-- hide signature --

Sony Alpha 900 user...

see some of my images at
http://christianriedel.com

barri's gear list:barri's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T*
jydurocher
Regular MemberPosts: 387
Like?
In reply to rothwells, Oct 1, 2012

Totally agree with you, a Bentley should not be sold a penny (pence) over $30,000

Rashkae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,146Gear list
Like?
ROFL

BMWX5 wrote:

D600 is less than $700

You do realize there's more to a camera than just the sensor, right???

OMG you are a classic case of "gearhead myopia"

Rashkae
Senior MemberPosts: 1,146Gear list
Like?
Snapsort?!?!?!

The sheer fact that you are resorting to a royal pile of manure like Snapsort for your "research" shows how weak your arguments, knowledge and basic comprehension truly are.

BMWX5 wrote:
http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon-D600-vs-Sony-SLT-A99

http://www.digicamdb.com/compare/nikon_d600-vs-sony_slt-a99/

http://versusio.com/en/nikon-d600-vs-sony-slt-a99

http://www.theverge.com/products/compare/6126/6120

sybersitizen wrote:

BMWX5 wrote:

D600 and a99 same sensor

And they both have shutter releases too... damn, that makes them identical ! Sony should absolutely check with Nikon before pricing anything, and both cameras should sell for five bucks.

BMWX5
Senior MemberPosts: 4,142Gear list
Like?
In reply to barri, Oct 1, 2012

Thanks for those who voted. So far number 2 and 4 are preferable prices for A99...

chrisfromalaska
Regular MemberPosts: 296Gear list
Like?

BMWX5 wrote:

Thanks for those who voted. So far number 2 and 4 are preferable prices for A99...

Vote with your wallet, otherwise its not going to happen, buy it or don't and just give it up. Sony is happy with its pricing, see below...

http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lesnumeriques.com%2F3-questions-a-a1105%2F3-questions-a-sony-photo-ap887.html

Its still a better value than the 5d3 and D800 IMHO, so I ordered one. Its far superior to the D600/6d, those weren't even a consideration for me.

Have you priced glass for the A99, Zeiss zooms and G lenses? The fixation on the body price when many will have 3x or 4x that amount in glass is just so illogical. Why aren't you whining about the $2000 zooms or the $1500 primes? Nevermind. Don't answer. I don't care.

chrisfromalaska's gear list:chrisfromalaska's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7S
Dustinash
Contributing MemberPosts: 605
Like?
In reply to BMWX5, Oct 2, 2012

BMWX5 wrote:

to make it affordable for everyone...

Choose one (body only):

1. $2500
2. $2250
3. $2000
4. $1800

Let's vote and try people power to convince Sony to lower the price...

I vote # 2

Hopefully you know more about photography then you do about economics.

Dustinash
Contributing MemberPosts: 605
Like?
In reply to Dustinash, Oct 2, 2012

I will buy this camera. There is no question that this is the camera for me. I would probably pay a fair bit more. I dont want to shoot nikon or canon. I like Sony. It is my drug and out of all the cameras. I can use it visually on the fly.

Is it perfect heck no. They need to allow blinkies in full size review mode, etc. But its awesome.

The a77 was enjoyable. However the sensor pees on my parade. The a99 is the camera I want. Gonna mate this up to a 24-70 and make enough shooting photos in the next six month that I wont regret it.

Frankly I am glad at the price and i wish it was higher. I am tired of all the people who have no serious commitment to the art showing up at events with cameras that are way out of their league shooting on p mode. Price the god damn thing higher. the fewer punters that get it the better.

shoevarek
Regular MemberPosts: 410
Like?
In reply to Dustinash, Oct 3, 2012

In one thing I support you, I also do not like Canon and Nikon for no apparent reason and prefer Sony. It is an S in the name that does it for me. As far as price, the lower the better. I was always described as unsociable and disgruntled guy. I like scaring other people, especially established photo pofessionals.

MaxLowLight
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
In reply to rothwells, Oct 3, 2012

rothwells wrote:

oh, yeah.... THIS brilliant idea will work.... take that Sony.... we said we don't want to pay "x", so you better lower the price.

I'll bet they're shaking in their boots....

It's their camera. They can sell it for whatever they want

ROFL only in the sony forum can I find comedy like this.

fanboy6
Senior MemberPosts: 1,431
Like?
In reply to BMWX5, Oct 4, 2012

Buy an A77.  Problem solved.

Maxeyesore
Regular MemberPosts: 415Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 price is cheaper than the A900.
In reply to Michaels7, Oct 9, 2012

Michaels7 wrote:

And you failed in grasping my point. Take the blinders off. D600 is not a "similar matched camera." Similar matched would be the camera specs. The only way to compare the Nikon price is to dumb down the A99 to a A95 with less bells and whistles. A99 is more like the D800 and D6.

If by D6 you mean 6D, you are all confused. First of all, the D800 is far superior to the a99. The 6D is stripped down even more than the D600, it has 1 xtype focus point. 1 . You can't with a straight face, compare any of these three cameras with eachother as they are either vastly different in spec or price. All we know for sure is the sony is the most expensive, and the 6D is the poorest specd.

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
OntarioJohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 price is cheaper than the A900.
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 9, 2012

Maxeyesore wrote:

Michaels7 wrote:

And you failed in grasping my point. Take the blinders off. D600 is not a "similar matched camera." Similar matched would be the camera specs. The only way to compare the Nikon price is to dumb down the A99 to a A95 with less bells and whistles. A99 is more like the D800 and D6.

If by D6 you mean 6D, you are all confused. First of all, the D800 is far superior to the a99. The 6D is stripped down even more than the D600, it has 1 xtype focus point. 1 . You can't with a straight face, compare any of these three cameras with eachother as they are either vastly different in spec or price. All we know for sure is the sony is the most expensive, and the 6D is the poorest specd.

To see is to believe...PENTAX

Is free ok?  I have reasons.  The geography project we are working on calls for groups of 5 kids, a Conservation area trail, and a show on the projector of trees, flowers, shrubs, insects etc.  we were going to use point and shot with 6 cams and gps, but 6 a99s with a good Z lens would work!

Sony are you listening?

LOL--
Retired forensic photographer.
London, Ontario, Canada.

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads