Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions. /1

Started Sep 22, 2012 | Discussions
Photo Grapher
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Re: How does the shutter sound?
In reply to nalax, Sep 28, 2012

nalax wrote:

Is it quiet?

The OP said it is more damped, that said it must be quiet.

-- hide signature --

Perfection is achieved, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention

 Photo Grapher's gear list:Photo Grapher's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
SHood
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,136Gear list
Like?
Wheels no longer click
In reply to ville12345, Oct 1, 2012

Just saw some comments from this interview where they mention the wheels no longer click (3min mark). Much better from my perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hOly3l5H2Uk

ville12345 wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

ville12345 wrote:

Thanks for the report!

About control wheels, are those dual action click wheels like GH2?

For example, with one wheel (at A mode) one could control aperture and exposure, other wheel ISO and aspect ratio.

  • Ville

In fact there are three programmable wheel dials, counting with the third wheel on the back that is used also like the "old" arrows.

But are those wheels dual action click wheels? Again GH2 example, at A mode wheel/dial controls aperture, click the wheel and it controls exposure.

Sorry to repeat myself

  • Ville

 SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Like?
Re: How does the shutter sound?
In reply to Photo Grapher, Oct 1, 2012

Photo Grapher wrote:

nalax wrote:

Is it quiet?

The OP said it is more damped, that said it must be quiet.

True.

-- hide signature --

Perfection is achieved, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wasabi Bob
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions./2
In reply to SHood, Oct 2, 2012

Not sure - I've offered

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions. /1
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Oct 4, 2012
  • Trying the new look of the Dpreview Forums 

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God always take the simplest way.
* http://aleo-photo.org
* http://blog.aleo-photo.org

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Photo Grapher
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions. /1
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Oct 7, 2012

Aleo, I have time this week to test the GH3, if you can please me with that.

-- hide signature --

Perfection is achieved, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention

 Photo Grapher's gear list:Photo Grapher's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Like?
Re: Wheels no longer click, but.
In reply to SHood, Oct 12, 2012

SHood wrote:

Just saw some comments from this interview where they mention the wheels no longer click (3min mark). Much better from my perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hOly3l5H2Uk

ville12345 wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

ville12345 wrote:

Thanks for the report!

About control wheels, are those dual action click wheels like GH2?

For example, with one wheel (at A mode) one could control aperture and exposure, other wheel ISO and aspect ratio.

  • Ville

In fact there are three programmable wheel dials, counting with the third wheel on the back that is used also like the "old" arrows.

But are those wheels dual action click wheels? Again GH2 example, at A mode wheel/dial controls aperture, click the wheel and it controls exposure.

Sorry to repeat myself

  • Ville


Yes they no longer click, but there are 3 wheels to control the camera, no need for the clicking.


-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic Lumix GH3. My first 3 hours impressions. /1
In reply to Photo Grapher, Oct 12, 2012

Photo Grapher wrote:

Aleo, I have time this week to test the GH3, if you can please me with that.

-- hide signature --

Perfection is achieved, not when you have nothing more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention

Hi, I think I go there 15 of October 16/17/18. I will tell you in a PM.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,490Gear list
Like?
Re: Opss. Edited. No text.
In reply to Gato Amarillo, Nov 22, 2012

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God always take the simplest way.

 Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads