6D price - not finalized yet

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions
EsVeeFoto
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
6D price - not finalized yet
Sep 17, 2012

According to Dpreview - "Canon hasn't yet offered any firm commitment on pricing or availability for the EOS 6D".

For those of us who are impressed with the specifications of this camera but think Canon is overcharging, there is sill hope if Canon decides to price it closer to $1500 before they finally release it. It's hard to be an optimist as a Canon user these days but ... some wishful thinking will do no harm:)

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Suave
Contributing MemberPosts: 883Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D price - not finalized yet
In reply to EsVeeFoto, Sep 17, 2012

Last night Adorama briefly took preorders at 2099. There's no reason to believe they don't know the price.

Suave's gear list:Suave's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photosen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,484Gear list
Like?

I'd rather wait for the worst and be pleasantly surprised!

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
JoeDavid
Regular MemberPosts: 226
Like?

If you check Canon's USA site, it shows $2099 on the 6D web page.

Silvex
Regular MemberPosts: 297
Like?
Realistically, do you think...

...that after Canon's pricing success of the 5D3 at launch, they would not try a repeat with early adopters of the 6D? Retailers are have already begun taking pre-orders at $2099.

But I think you are very close to a realistic (and perhaps eventual) market price for the 6D, but early adopters have shown a willingness to pay more.

trale
Contributing MemberPosts: 941
Like?

Wait 5 months for a "ebay promotion" discount of 20% (like the recent $2750 Adorama deal for the 5DIII), and you can get the 6D for $1600.

At that price it will fly off shelves.

El Profe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?

The 6D price at B&H is $2,099. In my opinion anyone interested on buying a full frame camera should order as soon as possible a 5D-MK2 before the stores runs out of their stock. I don't think Canon is going to continue selling it specially at its current street price of $1,899 because who is going to buy their lower specs and more expensive new 6D.

JoeDavid
Regular MemberPosts: 226
Like?
In reply to El Profe, Sep 17, 2012

You're definitely right there. The latest example of that is the 1DM4. Canon said it would co-exist with the 1DX. It did as long at the 1DX wasn't available. As soon as it started shipping in quantity, the 1DM4 disappeared from their US web site...

David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,229Gear list
Like?
In reply to El Profe, Sep 17, 2012

El Profe wrote:

The 6D price at B&H is $2,099. In my opinion anyone interested on buying a full frame camera should order as soon as possible a 5D-MK2 before the stores runs out of their stock. I don't think Canon is going to continue selling it specially at its current street price of $1,899 because who is going to buy their lower specs and more expensive new 6D.

That may be the only bit of good news in this whole announcement that with specifications like X-Sync=1/180, SS max at 1/4000, AF=11 points and one cross, those of us with usde 5DII's for sale wont take a bath. Thank you Canon for holding the used 5DII price up -- I was afraid it migh drop through the floor (and it would have if this thing had been better).

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6
PenguinPhotoCo
Senior MemberPosts: 5,949Gear list
Like?
$2099
In reply to EsVeeFoto, Sep 18, 2012

at that price at more than one online retailer.
Is that MSRP or already discounted who can say.

I can see $1800-1900 a month or two after it's freely shipping. I'll get one then.
--
Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. -Henry Ford

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
El Profe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?
Re: $2099
In reply to PenguinPhotoCo, Sep 18, 2012

The price is not good enough (based on the specs) even at $1,799. At least not as long as the much better specs 5D-MK2 is still available brand new at $1,899.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads