Updated specs on the EOS 6D

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions
carlk
Forum ProPosts: 15,921Gear list
Like?
Re: Exposure. MYTH MYTH and MYTH
In reply to The Davinator, Sep 18, 2012

Dave Luttmann wrote:

That pretty much explains the story. I get no banding on my D800 and very little if ever on my D700. While in Canon land, my 7D, 1Ds2, 1Ds, 40D, 10D and D30 all exhibited banding when pushed.

Yes banding has been a serious issue on all Canon sensors old and new. Some people just got used to it and even learned how to live with it. But people should not deny there are better products now.

And yes...some people truly need to learn how a digital sensor works. Qianp2k won't listen though.... so save your keystrokes.

I've stopped doing that for a while now. A hopeless case.

carlk's gear list:carlk's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mikael Risedal
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,433
Like?
In reply to Press Correspondent, Sep 18, 2012

and?????????????????

Press Correspondent wrote:

Mikael Risedal wrote:

learn how a digital sensor works

this identical exposed cameras, and they are exposed after the high lights so the sky and clouds are reproduced without clipping and then corrected in the lower levels, middle tones so we can se the landscape

Only a camera with a large dynamic range can reflect/reproduce the motif well and preferably with out banding and pattern noise

Or you can bracket with any camera and capture a 20-stop DR like a full moon landscape that even D800 cannot get in one shot

-- hide signature --

Life is a battle wishes aunt Titti

qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
In reply to carlk, Sep 18, 2012

carlk wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

That pretty much explains the story. I get no banding on my D800 and very little if ever on my D700. While in Canon land, my 7D, 1Ds2, 1Ds, 40D, 10D and D30 all exhibited banding when pushed.

Yes banding has been a serious issue on all Canon sensors old and new.

My old 1D3 and 5D1 have no banding, yah! my not that old 60D basically has no banding (compared to known banding in 7D), my 5D2 has banding but totally managible.

Some people just got used to it and even learned how to live with it. But people should not deny there are better products now.

Some people don't know how to generate good photos but good at blaming cameras, LOL. Whinning and talking forever rather speding time to improve shooting skills.

And yes...some people truly need to learn how a digital sensor works. Qianp2k won't listen though.... so save your keystrokes.

I've stopped doing that for a while now. A hopeless case.

instead of namecalling what else your two can do? Show off both your D800 photos to shock and awe us, LOL. Meanwhile I continue enjoy my "banding" 5D2 that generates natural sharp photos with nice contrasts and Canon colors that please my eyes.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/5DIII-D800/index.html

This guy seems really enjoying his 5D3 as the camera he uses most, that must have reasons. Yes D800 pulling off in "extreme-shadow-pulling" game in his excercise (tried to balance his opinions basically). But those highly contrasty photos are nothing worth from perspective of serious photography. In most cases, by using better techniques you will not bother by banding issue or even will not see it.

By your logic, Hans must abandon his Canon cameras and lenses and immediately swith to Nikon otherwise he cannot have stunning photos. As a matter of fact I have not seen any Nikon shooters take obvious better phones with any Nikon cameras than him in the same scenes (he has a set of photos at the same place every year).
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1032&thread=42331848&page=1

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
NetMage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,413Gear list
Like?
Re: Btw, can somebody explain me what is the use of WiFI on a camera?
In reply to ZAnton, Sep 18, 2012

Unless you are hundreds of feet away from your router, your WiFi at home is a minimum of 11Mbps (raw) and more probably 54Mbps (raw) (802.11g).

Your Internet connection may be slower, but that isn't going to affect transferring images to your own PC on the same WLAN.

-- hide signature --

-- Please remove the Quote option!
-- Why can't you edit more than once???
-- How about switching to real forum software?

NetMage's gear list:NetMage's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD1000 Sigma DP1x Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 +13 more
DSHAPK
Contributing MemberPosts: 781Gear list
Like?
Re: Updated specs on the EOS 6D
In reply to carlk, Sep 18, 2012

I can't think of a reason I would want four year old technology. The wifi is compelling?

DSHAPK's gear list:DSHAPK's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 650D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +3 more
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,372Gear list
Like?
Re: Dave Luttmann = Faintandfuzzy
In reply to qianp2k, Sep 19, 2012

qianp2k wrote:

troll alert! Dave Luttmann is the real name of Faintandfuzzy as latter is banned in DPR forums, a totally unknown amateru wedding photographer in Victoria, BC, Canada.

Banned? I asked for the account to be locked because trolls like you are obsessed with announcing my name in every thread. Totally unknown? Booked solid now for 22 years.

Curious though...you have an issue with how well I do. Feel free to post a link to your business and sales site. We'll see who's unknown.

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7843305573/albums/vancouver-bc-canada
Yah, 5D2 phtoos are total garbage and full of banding, LOL.

Like Faintandfuzzy, Dave Luttmann is in my Ignore List now and will not response from now on.

Oh good...as you've ignored me a good dozen times, we'll if it lasts.

-- hide signature --
 The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Turbo Hampster
Contributing MemberPosts: 530Gear list
Like?

qianp2k wrote:

troll alert! Dave Luttmann is the real name of Faintandfuzzy as latter is banned in DPR forums, a totally unknown amateru wedding photographer in Victoria, BC, Canada.

Like Faintandfuzzy, Dave Luttmann is in my Ignore List now and will not response from now on.

Qianp2k

Welcome back!

Have you ever heard the saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

(Seeing as your account was suspended and your posts deleted on a previous thread)

Turbo Hampster's gear list:Turbo Hampster's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
qianp2k
Like?
In reply to Turbo Hampster, Sep 19, 2012

Turbo Hampster wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Qianp2k

Welcome back!

(Seeing as your account was suspended and your posts deleted on a previous thread)

Turbo Hampster, What purpose of your posting if not trolling? I know you have 1DX but sorry you have not generated good enough photos on a $6800 body, LOL. I know my 1D3 takes better airshow photos than your 7D ones. You already in my Ignore List, so I just let you know officially and last time you will hear from me.

-- hide signature --
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Turbo Hampster
Like?

qianp2k wrote:

Turbo Hampster wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Qianp2k

Welcome back!

Turbo Hampster, What purpose of your posting if not trolling? I know you have 1DX but sorry you have not generated good enough photos on a $6800 body, LOL. I know my 1D3 takes better airshow photos than your 7D ones. You already in my Ignore List, so I just let you know officially and last time you will hear from me.

-- hide signature --

Hmm the purpose of my post was to point out your hypocrisy, you're account was suspended for trolling.
Shame that as usual you have to resort to derogatory comments about other people

And with regard to the quality of my photos, it would seem quite a few people disagree with you

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1032&thread=42423830

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1048&thread=42490444

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +5 more
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,372Gear list
Like?

He must have half the DPReview forum members on ignore. He's actually been banned for a week quite a few times. It seems to annoy him that I don't use an alias anymore. He's Peter Qian....a Stats associate teacher.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Turbo Hampster
Like?
In reply to The Davinator, Sep 19, 2012

Dave Luttmann wrote:

He must have half the DPReview forum members on ignore. He's actually been banned for a week quite a few times. It seems to annoy him that I don't use an alias anymore. He's Peter Qian....a Stats associate teacher.

+1

Haha, I think quite a few people have him on their ignore list aswell!

Having only recently "moved" to the 1D forum I made the mistake of trying to have a reasonable discussion with him. Which ended in a ridiculously long thread about nothing and his account being suspended

qianp2k
Like?

Turbo Hampster wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Turbo Hampster wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Qianp2k

Welcome back!

-- hide signature --

Hmm the purpose of my post was to point out your hypocrisy, you're account was suspended for trolling.

One more time and this is the truly last time. It's your hypocrisy to call my name now as F&F keep doing. When this happened, did DPR tell you? I am very busy in work now so I don't spent much time in forums, in addition returned from a two-week vacation recently. But I do have a few threads before this one. So what are you talking about?

Shame that as usual you have to resort to derogatory comments about other people

This is exactly you're doing now together with Dave, aka FaintandFuzzy. Now you team together, a well known old troll with a new troll, how fuzzy.

And with regard to the quality of my photos, it would seem quite a few people disagree with you

You got kidding me. This is Africa safari? LOL you're unable to take on live running lions so only can take advantage when they were in sleep. What is joke. I plan go to Africa safari next year and I am confident I will have real safari photos as most people familiar with.

Nothing special as much cheaper 5D/5D2 cannot match. Nothing talking about in lighting and model, very so so. Based on your photos I have seen so far, I don't think your 1DX can take better airshow photos than my old and inferior 1D3. You take amateur photos with a professional camera, nothing can proud of.

-- hide signature --
Turbo Hampster
Like?

qianp2k wrote:

Turbo Hampster wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Turbo Hampster wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Qianp2k

Welcome back!

-- hide signature --

One more time and this is the truly last time. It's your hypocrisy to call my name now as F&F keep doing. When this happened, did DPR tell you? I am very busy in work now so I don't spent much time in forums, in addition returned from a two-week vacation recently. But I do have a few threads before this one. So what are you talking about?

This is exactly you're doing now together with Dave, aka FaintandFuzzy. Now you team together, a well known old troll with a new troll, how fuzzy.

You got kidding me. This is Africa safari? LOL you're unable to take on live running lions so only can take advantage when they were in sleep. What is joke. I plan go to Africa safari next year and I am confident I will have real safari photos as most people familiar with.

Nothing special as much cheaper 5D/5D2 cannot match. Nothing talking about in lighting and model, very so so. Based on your photos I have seen so far, I don't think your 1DX can take better airshow photos than my old and inferior 1D3. You take amateur photos with a professional camera, nothing can proud of.

-- hide signature --

Haha

Nothing left to say thanks for proving my point

Press Correspondent
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,344Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mikael Risedal, Sep 19, 2012

Stack.

Mikael Risedal wrote:

and?????????????????

Press Correspondent wrote:

Or you can bracket with any camera and capture a 20-stop DR like a full moon landscape that even D800 cannot get in one shot

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads