Bad Vendor Experience

Started Sep 14, 2012 | Discussions
Jim Evidon
Contributing MemberPosts: 511Gear list
Like?
Bad Vendor Experience
Sep 14, 2012

A company called ColorRight, LLC. advertises by e-mail concerning their flash, lighting and gray card products. I ordered some of their products on-line and received a prompt response from PayPal that the funds were forwarded to COLOR RIGHT, LLC. That was in August. I never received any acknowledgement form COLOR RIGHT, LLC. I have sent them several e-mail making inquiry. To date I have had no response. I have telephoned them having to go on line and seek the telephone directory for Alpharetta, GA, where it is alleged that they do business. No one answers the phone but there is an automated answering service with which I have left messages.

According to the Dun & Bradstreet site, they are a two person operation, but, apparently, according to my experience neither of them have shown an interest in this customer response or satisfaction.

In my last two contacts, I told them that if I had no response from them by today, I would inform the several forums to which I subscribe, the facts concerning this transaction. Not even that has stimulated COLOR RIGHT, LLC from ALPHARETTA, GA to respond.

Note: I have only reported a factual account of my experiences only and this is not intended to reflect the experiences of others past, present or future. A further note of caution: There are listed on the internet various companies dba Color Right
My experience is limited to and pertains only to:
ColorRight Tools, LLC | 10945 State Bridge Rd, Ste 401-112 Alpharetta, GA 30022
( http://colorright.com/colorright_flashright_store/

-- hide signature --

Jim

Jim Evidon's gear list:Jim Evidon's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm XF1 Leica M9 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
imabel
Contributing MemberPosts: 745Gear list
Like?
Re: Bad Vendor Experience
In reply to Jim Evidon, Sep 14, 2012

Notify PayPal of the vendor non-delivery and no contact.

imabel's gear list:imabel's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Narcosynthesis
Senior MemberPosts: 1,535
Like?
In reply to imabel, Sep 14, 2012

I would get in touch with paypal immediately - this is exactly the sort of situation paypal comes into its own, as they will typically stand behind you and refund your money, and potentially have the companies account frozen or deleted if there is a history to their dealings.

Either way by this point I would have expected some recognition, especially given the effort you have put in to get in touch, so it would seem clear that unless there is something major going on behind the scenes (still not an excuse for this treatment) they are not going to be holding up their end of the deal.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/narcosynthesis
http://www.illaname.deviantart.com

Jim Evidon
Like?
In reply to Narcosynthesis, Sep 15, 2012

I am going to do that, but my intention was to advise others of my experience so they are forewarned.
--
Jim

Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm XF1 Leica M9 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
kaw209
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jim Evidon, Sep 15, 2012

Sorry to hear of your troubles. You might also consider posting your experience at http://www.resellerratings.com .
--
Kim

If everything happens for a reason, what's the reason?!
http://flickr.com/photos/kaw209

kaw209's gear list:kaw209's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +5 more
Jim Evidon
Like?
In reply to kaw209, Sep 16, 2012

My threats have produced results. PayPal contacted them and they shipped Friday.

Incidentally, it was shipped out of Illinois. So they moved, I guess. Their failure to respond to me is still unforgivable.
--
Jim
--
Jim

Jim Evidon
Like?
In reply to Jim Evidon, Sep 19, 2012

Thanks to PayPal, items were received. Case closed.
--
--
Jim

Chas2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,317Gear list
Like?
Re: Bad Vendor Experience. So what did you get and does it work?
In reply to Jim Evidon, Sep 19, 2012

I am curious what you ended up getting and whether these products work. Most interesting to me is the flash control since the Gary Fong is so freaking big!

Thanks

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads