RX100 has cured my GAS for the first time ever

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions
radissimo
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Like?
Agree!
In reply to theranman, Sep 13, 2012

RX100 is so good that I'm almost SAD that I have no more cravings to buy more expensive stuff. It is a sad feeling, but revelation and freedom at the same time.

As you would win the race- you are happy, but there is no more room for improvement.

Think I will keep my e-m5 and pany 12-35mm I am very happy with, but I see it using it only 20% of time for special occasions...

BTW: I am eagerly waiting what rx200 brings.. ;D

radissimo

radissimo's gear list:radissimo's gear list
Ricoh GR NEX5R Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
pricklypear
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Re: Agree!
In reply to radissimo, Sep 13, 2012

radissimo wrote:

RX100 is so good that I'm almost SAD that I have no more cravings to buy more expensive stuff. It is a sad feeling, but revelation and freedom at the same time.

As you would win the race- you are happy, but there is no more room for improvement.

Think I will keep my e-m5 and pany 12-35mm I am very happy with, but I see it using it only 20% of time for special occasions...

BTW: I am eagerly waiting what rx200 brings.. ;D

I hope you're right. I hope they stick with it, though I probably don't wish for what you want in an RX200.

I want a reduced focal range with even better/faster glass that still collapses into camera. Effective 28-60mm f/1.5 - 3.0.

pricklypear
Regular MemberPosts: 113
Like?
Very nice!
In reply to RX100, Sep 13, 2012

but she still wouldn't notice.

RX100 wrote:

I think your wife might notice a Hello Kitty RX100!

dv312
Senior MemberPosts: 1,731Gear list
Like?
thanks for the sincere perspective
In reply to millsart, Sep 13, 2012

I'm also in the same boat and own many gear but I still think I need a carry around anywhere camera where it's not too intrusive and

my MFT gear is still not truly pocketable and I don't really think the IQ of the Lumix LX, Oly ZX, series are up to the quality I desire

maybe I'll get the RX100 and bring it with me all the time , keeping in mind its compromises
cheers

dv312's gear list:dv312's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +5 more
DFPanno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,770Gear list
Like?
Similar thoughts...
In reply to millsart, Sep 13, 2012

Absolutely love my 5D3 & RX100 combo.

Infatuated with the RX1 but it doesn't really answer any needs that are not nicely covered by the above.

A similarly scaled FF with interchangeable lens would be intriguing as a travel camera but I am just back from Germany with what I already own and they worked perfectly.

RX100 is really something else.

DFPanno's gear list:DFPanno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +13 more
Liz Z.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,265Gear list
Like?
Re: Too bad about #9
In reply to theranman, Sep 13, 2012

I'm not positive but maybe Gear Acquisition Syndrome ?

theranman wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "GAS" stand for?

-- hide signature --

Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 11,075Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 has cured my GAS for the first time ever
In reply to ChristianHass, Sep 13, 2012

many things are a combo of 'toy' and tool. If you don't do any real photo Work, for another use other than your own fun, it may well be a toy.

I'm one who does real work with it at times. (Not always). But not only it. Various tools...like a mechanic or a cook. Not all toys. Sometimes...tools.
--
Tell your wife you got her a new toy...a new frying pan.

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon EOS 70D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads