In case you didn't see RX1 mirrorless

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions
Robert Garcia NYC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,064Gear list
Like?
In case you didn't see RX1 mirrorless
Sep 9, 2012
Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
shadowz
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
Re: In case you didn't see RX1 mirrorless
In reply to Robert Garcia NYC, Sep 9, 2012

o.k. this one took me by surprise ...!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Robert Garcia NYC
Like?
In reply to shadowz, Sep 9, 2012

I know, direct competition to the Fuji X100.

Baxter Bad
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
Not mirrorless

It's fixed lens, like the Fujifilm X100. But it's still MIND BLOWING.

I have many questions... can't wait for the announcement.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Robert Garcia NYC wrote:

I know, direct competition to the Fuji X100.

From what I have read the RX1 is full-frame, so it's in a league all in its own. The 'lowly' X100 is APS-C...

Interesting if true!

Elaka Farmor
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?

My God! Sony produces things that Canon or Nikon don´t dare to create. This will be interesting.......!

Elaka Farmor's gear list:Elaka Farmor's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 600D Sony Alpha NEX-5N +12 more
Robert Garcia NYC
Like?
In reply to Elaka Farmor, Sep 9, 2012

So true. Canon has alway been very cautious and moves slowly (they have a lot of lens to sell). Nikon to me seems to be a little more adventurous. But Sony, Panasonic and Olympus are trail blazing for now.

Elaka Farmor wrote:

My God! Sony produces things that Canon or Nikon don´t dare to create. This will be interesting.......!

underxposed59
Contributing MemberPosts: 711
Like?

Robert Garcia NYC wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/amazing-sony-rx1-mirrorless-leaks-and-so-new-a99-pics/

$3000, fixed lens, no EVF point and shoot?

BrightEyesOnFire
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
In reply to underxposed59, Sep 9, 2012

$3000 is purely his own speculation, not a rumor. There is no way it will cost that much probably will be around $1500-2000. The main problem I have is that it doesn't appear to be pocketable so why not just make an interchangeable e-mount camera and a 35mm FF lens instead, to leave open the possibility of future FF e-mount lenses?

Kirppu
Regular MemberPosts: 336Gear list
Like?
In reply to Elaka Farmor, Sep 9, 2012

Elaka Farmor wrote:

I like that someone buts up the heat for the competing manufacturers.
--
Hobbyist member

Kirppu's gear list:Kirppu's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +8 more
RX100
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
In reply to BrightEyesOnFire, Sep 9, 2012

BrightEyesOnFire wrote:

$3000 is purely his own speculation, not a rumor. There is no way it will cost that much probably will be around $1500-2000. The main problem I have is that it doesn't appear to be pocketable so why not just make an interchangeable e-mount camera and a 35mm FF lens instead, to leave open the possibility of future FF e-mount lenses?

Maybe Sony is using this camera to test the markets reaction to see if it's viable to add a FF NEX camera and develop FF E mount lenses.

And the lack of any FF E mount lenses would also be another reason why Sony has chosen to go with a FF camera with a fixed lens while they develop new lenses (Look how long it's taking them just to release regular E mount lenses!).

Jack R. Grouell
Contributing MemberPosts: 737
Like?

Right on - especally considering that nobody ever took a decent picture with a fixed lens camera...
--
Jack G
Everett WA

Kirppu
Regular MemberPosts: 336Gear list
Like?

BrightEyesOnFire wrote:

My guess is that they now have product line for every market area, they will now see which one makes the biggest profit and ditch the nonprofit unpopular produt line models in the future. I think there's too much overlapping for them to keep up all the model lines. Especially on the highend product lines.

Cyber-shot (small sensors)
RX100 (big sensors)
RX1 (bigger sensor)
NEX (interchangeable lenses)
Alpha (Nice big body)

-- hide signature --

Hobbyist member

Kirppu's gear list:Kirppu's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +8 more
Robert Garcia NYC
Like?
In reply to Jack R. Grouell, Sep 9, 2012

Lol, your kidding right?

Jack R. Grouell wrote:

Right on - especally considering that nobody ever took a decent picture with a fixed lens camera...
--
Jack G
Everett WA

Amateur Sony Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 5,320Gear list
Like?

Am I the only person having problem with this RX1? I mean, it's not pocketable, fixed lens, no zoom. For near $3000 (according SAR)?? I very much doubt people will pay more than $1800 for it. OTOH I love my RX100: it's perfectly small in size, but big in feature and IQ, and it has zoom!

Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list:Amateur Sony Shooter's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +6 more
hexar
Contributing MemberPosts: 858
Like?
In reply to Kirppu, Sep 9, 2012

This concept would be a camera clearly directed towards more professional users in respect of quality and also price. NO WAY THIS CAMERA WOULD BE DEVELOPED WITHOUT A VIEWFINDER ! No photographer spending Around the rumoured price would go without a viewfinder. Whatever the quality of the screen in direct sunlight any screen fails at times and this is exactly what a more professional orientated photographer would avoid at any time ! This is a FAKE !! ( but very well done) . Especially the subscription on the orange ring does the job. ! Compliments but makes no sense after the dirst euphoria also from my side ! ( Oooooooh ..... I hope I am sooooooo wrong)

Keto
Regular MemberPosts: 431
Like?
In reply to hexar, Sep 9, 2012

Most likely a separate EVF will be sold.

Mattoid
Regular MemberPosts: 250
Like?
In reply to hexar, Sep 9, 2012

It might just use the attachable viewfinder for the nex line.

RX100
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
In reply to Keto, Sep 9, 2012

Keto wrote:

Most likely a separate EVF will be sold.

Or a hotshoe mounted OVF.

geoson
Contributing MemberPosts: 726Gear list
Like?
In reply to Amateur Sony Shooter, Sep 9, 2012

Amateur Sony Shooter wrote:

Am I the only person having problem with this RX1? I mean, it's not pocketable, fixed lens, no zoom. For near $3000 (according SAR)?? I very much doubt people will pay more than $1800 for it. OTOH I love my RX100: it's perfectly small in size, but big in feature and IQ, and it has zoom!

Obviously it's not for you, and at $3000 (supposedly) it's not for a lot of people. But why would you have even the slightest thought that this camera would fit in your pocket? It's a 35mm sensor. No chance of it being pocket sized. Also, just because it's described as the big brother to the RX100 does not guarantee that there will be no viewfinder.

geoson's gear list:geoson's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads