NEW X10 replacement can shoot round corners

Started Sep 8, 2012 | Discussions
mbb101
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
NEW X10 replacement can shoot round corners
Sep 8, 2012

I sent my X10 to Fuji UK for the software upgrade. The first pic is the state of the package with camera inside and the other pics need no explanation. As you can see the upgrade has enabled shooting round corners a rather useful addition to this camera's capabilities.

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mark H
Senior MemberPosts: 2,823
Like?
Incredible, and 'unique'...
In reply to mbb101, Sep 8, 2012

mbb101 wrote:

I sent my X10 to Fuji UK for the software upgrade. The first pic is the state of the package with camera inside and the other pics need no explanation. As you can see the upgrade has enabled shooting round corners a rather useful addition to this camera's capabilities.

I think this us one of the greatest posts I've ever come across on the FTF - almost unbelievable!

Surely - did it get run over by a truck or something?

I sincerely hope you get full recompense from either Fuji or the delivery service.

I'd really want to keep that 'bendy-cam' as a souvenir - it's quite... 'unique'.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,466Gear list
Like?
Re: NEW X10 replacement can shoot round corners

mbb101 wrote:

That's rather sad. I hope Fuji will accept responsibility.

It must have been a decent-sized blow, and the lens assembly must be quite strong. It surely must have acted as the pivot point around which the body bent, yet the lens assy seems quite straight and not even pushed into the body:

-- hide signature --

Cheers

Trevor G

Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

mbb101
Like?
In reply to Trevor G, Sep 8, 2012

Actually the lens assembly has been pushed into the body and is definitely out of square. So it looks like it was the lens which acted as the pivot. It actually looks like it was hit with a sledgehammer. I suspect that something very very heavy was dropped on it.
I will be talking to the carriers in the morning and Fuji on Monday.

NOEL 100
Contributing MemberPosts: 657Gear list
Like?
Re: Ouch!!

Or possibly the hoist and fold up gate on one of many delivery trucks. Often the very large tail gates are hydraulic in control to lift the weight, they could easily redesign an X-10 that's been caught where it shouldn't be...

Good luck with it.
--
Noel 100

NOEL 100's gear list:NOEL 100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Michael Melb AU
Contributing MemberPosts: 935
Like?

Good luck sorting it out. A word of caution - if you have any fluid or gel discharge from the camera screen or battery - DO NOT TOUCH it! Not without rubber gloves anyway.This stuff is fairly toxic.
--
Everyone can do it - some do it well. But nobody is perfect.

Danielepaolo
Senior MemberPosts: 4,269
Like?

mbb101 wrote:

Damn! My camera is with Fuji as we speak so now I am pooing myself.

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,020Gear list
Like?

The XS-1 suffered from lens droop, this is camera droop.

Years ago the advice in the UK was not to sign for the receipt of a package if it was not in good condition. It was not very practical advice but these days when you sign that you have received a parcel, I think its just that and nothing more.

mbb101 wrote:

-- hide signature --

S100fs, S6500, S5, F300, D40, EX1, EPM1

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Pathetic

I hope you reamed Fujifilm or the delivery company a new one.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
mbb101
Like?
In reply to Wellington100, Sep 8, 2012

Thanks for the info regarding nasty oozing. There was no battery in the camera. As far as signing for goods goes I'm pretty sure that it cannot act as a waiver. We'll see what the carriers have to say for themselves.

The zoom mechanism appears to still work with a bit of grinding at the tele end!!

PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,212
Like?

I can't believe you signed for it in that state!

Paul.

Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
In reply to PAUL TILL, Sep 8, 2012

PAUL TILL wrote:

Paul.

I was thinking the same.
I would simply open the box to show the courier the condition!

I would imagine the courier is at fault here, that must have had a very strong blow to do that kind of damage.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Sep 8, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

Paul.

I was thinking the same.

I would imagine the courier is at fault here, that must have had a very strong blow to do that kind of damage.

From my experience with Fujifilm service, I think it is just as likely that they did this damage to the camera.

A hit like that, that would bend a metal camera would absolutely destroy a box. Not just crush it a tad.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinion/s and/or suggestion/s of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
PAUL TILL
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Sep 8, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

Paul.

I was thinking the same.

From my experience with Fujifilm service, I think it is just as likely that they did this damage to the camera.

That's utter nonsense, as bad as they may seem to some I can't believe they would sent a unit out in that condition.

A hit like that, that would bend a metal camera would absolutely destroy a box. Not just crush it a tad.

The package would need to have been run over by a truck to do that damage, my guess is whomever did it or the person who discovered it simply pushed the box back into shape.

I would bet money on that package being delivered by CityLink they are the worst couriers in the world.

Paul.

PAUL TILL
Like?

My only worry for the OP is, when you sign for a package you are agreeing that it is in good condition. No one in their right mind would sign for a package in that condition, even inside the large plastic bag you would feel something was amiss.

I really hope Fuji sorts the OP out with a brand new camera and everything turns out OK.

Paul.

Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?

PAUL TILL wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

Paul.

I was thinking the same.

That's utter nonsense, as bad as they may seem to some I can't believe they would sent a unit out in that condition.

I've no experience of Fuji service, but I would be frankly amazed if they would do that. Looks like forklift ran over it or something I'd suspect the courier first.

It's not a problem, they are insured!

PAUL TILL
Like?
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, Sep 8, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

Paul.

I was thinking the same.

I've no experience of Fuji service, but I would be frankly amazed if they would do that. Looks like forklift ran over it or something I'd suspect the courier first.

It's not a problem, they are insured!

I was a motorcycle courier for 15 years, once I got a signature saying that the person had received it in satisfactory condition we were in the clear.

If it came back to us we would simply say it was in good condition when it was delivered. As I said earlier, who in their right mind would sign for a package in that condition?

Paul.

mbb101
Like?

First of all Paul it wasn't signed for by me,

Second it was Citilink who despatched it.

Thirdly it was in a polythene bag taped up addressed to me and the person who signed did not unseal the pack to inspect. Outwardly the package did not look damaged.

Fourth there is no way on this planet that anyone could have done this damage post delivery. It seems to me that one of the previous posts mentions it getting jammed in some form of hydraulic mechanism which is likely what happened possibly in an hydraulic tail lift.

Fifthly I am a very experienced London lawyer - enough said!!! There is no way I won't get a replacement out of this.

LMNCT
Senior MemberPosts: 1,691Gear list
Like?

Go get em...glad that you are a lawyer!

LMNCT's gear list:LMNCT's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +17 more
PAUL TILL
Like?

A quick google for damaged items through City Link:

We have recently started to use Citylink to carry our parcels, in addition to our long running arrangements with Interlink.

Over the past three month trial period with Citylink there have been a small number of parcels damaged in transit. These are low value items (£30 each claim max) and have been well wrapped in bublewrap. They have clearly been squashed/bent having been trodden on or even driven over.

We have never had a problem with such claims from Interlink. But Citylink's attitude is that if the customer has signed for the parcel and not noted any damage then claims will not be settled . I have pointed out to them that this requirement is unfair and most customers believe that they are signing to confirm receipt and, anyway, a courier driver will not hang around whilst someone unpacks and checks the contents of a package.

I would be interested in advice from someone with legal experience. Can Citylink rely on such a 'get-out'?

I personally would forget City Link and deal with Fuji UK directly, I've always found them more than helpful.

Paul.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads