X-Pro1 - Architecture

Started Sep 2, 2012 | Discussions
Luc de Schepper
Senior MemberPosts: 1,087
Like?
X-Pro1 - Architecture
Sep 2, 2012

Yesterday I had the opportunity to lend a friend's X-Pro1 during a walk around Rotterdam/Holland. As a X100 owner I noticed that the X-Pro1 is a better camera. The sensor is better (X100's is already very good) and overall operation is faster. And that 35mm f1.4 lens is really excellent! Here are 3 images from yesterday. These images were shot in RAW and post processed.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,966Gear list
Like?
Excellent
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Sep 2, 2012

Very nice.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the Fuji 10-24/4 for this type of shooting.

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Charuteiro
Contributing MemberPosts: 517
Like?
Re: X-Pro1 - Architecture
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Sep 3, 2012

Luc de Schepper wrote:

These images were shot in RAW and post processed.

WOW!!! That's why I would like an X Pro1!

Would you kindly comment on the PP software?

Thanks.

mspahl
Contributing MemberPosts: 737Gear list
Like?

R.eally great shots - perfect compositon, sharp and nice colors.
--
mspahl

mspahl's gear list:mspahl's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X20 Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Luc de Schepper
Like?
Re: Excellent
In reply to liquid stereo, Sep 3, 2012

liquid stereo wrote:

Very nice.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the Fuji 10-24/4 for this type of shooting.

Thanks!

Problems with zooms is they exhibit distortion which even after lens profile correction may be visible with these kind of highly critical images.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucdeschepper/

Luc de Schepper
Like?
In reply to Charuteiro, Sep 3, 2012

Charuteiro wrote:

Luc de Schepper wrote:

These images were shot in RAW and post processed.

WOW!!! That's why I would like an X Pro1!

Would you kindly comment on the PP software?

Thanks.

Thanks!
Post processing was done with Nik Color Efex, on all three images.

Luc de Schepper
Like?
In reply to mspahl, Sep 3, 2012

mspahl wrote:

R.eally great shots - perfect compositon, sharp and nice colors.
--
mspahl

Thanks a lot.
--

minim3
Contributing MemberPosts: 942
Like?

Really beautyfull done,love how you framed!
--
My flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/_gman_/

jerrycambuk
Regular MemberPosts: 351
Like?
In reply to minim3, Sep 3, 2012

Luc - having had the great pleasure of visiting Rotterdam and Holland in general many hundreds of times over the past 20 years for business I think you've caught the City beautifully. Some of the architecture in RTM is stunning, one of the best features for me, and the photographs show that.

What is the location for number 3? Is it the harbour or has the airport now got itself an airbridge to keep the passengers dry at long last?!

As a Fuji convert with the X100 I am starting to think about selling the Nikon system for an X-pro 1 - so this is a really helpful post.

Luc de Schepper
Like?
In reply to jerrycambuk, Sep 3, 2012

jerrycambuk wrote:

Luc - having had the great pleasure of visiting Rotterdam and Holland in general many hundreds of times over the past 20 years for business I think you've caught the City beautifully. Some of the architecture in RTM is stunning, one of the best features for me, and the photographs show that.

What is the location for number 3? Is it the harbour or has the airport now got itself an airbridge to keep the passengers dry at long last?!

As a Fuji convert with the X100 I am starting to think about selling the Nikon system for an X-pro 1 - so this is a really helpful post.

Thanks Jerry!

Yes, Rotterdam has some stunning modern architecture. Very different from other Dutch cities. Image #3 is a part of the cruise terminal at De Kop van Zuid, near de Erasmusbrug. So, still getting wet at the airport I'm afraid

I'm also a X100 and Nikon shooter. For these images I used a X-Pro1 of a friend of mine. Very nice camera that X-Pro1, even better sensor than the X100 sensor and a stunning 35mm f1.4 lens. But the Nikon also has it's use when fast AF is a necessity. Also, I have some very nice lenses which shine on a FX sensor.

Thanks for commenting Jerry.
--

jerrycambuk
Regular MemberPosts: 351
Like?
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Sep 4, 2012

Thanks Luc - sadly the autofocus issue is the only one which stands between me and the sale of the D700 + lenses - having a small child (and one who loves air displays, like his daddy!) is the reason that the Nikon may well have to stay. If I could run to it I'd off-load the X100 and a couple of the FX Nikkors to fund the XPro1, but would I then miss the portability of the X100?

I took my X100 for a brief tour around the Orkney Islands last week, just for snapshots to pass on to work colleagues as it was a work trip, and I just cannot get over how good the camera is, for its size/weight/image quality ratio.

max metz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,644
Like?
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Sep 4, 2012

All three frames are highly publishable, good stuff.

twm
twm
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
In reply to Luc de Schepper, Sep 5, 2012

That first shot is outstanding. It would also look great converted to black and white.

Tim

twm's gear list:twm's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800E Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads