No new E-X

Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions
AntnioGM
Senior MemberPosts: 1,677Gear list
Like?
No new E-X
Aug 24, 2012

According to the latest "news" on rumors, we will not have a new camera, but only a new adapter, able to work with our old lenses.

Let's just hope that it is not just another rumor.

António GM
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91908602@N00/

AntnioGM's gear list:AntnioGM's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Leica D-LUX 4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Leica V-Lux 20 Epson R-D1 +10 more
declan79
Regular MemberPosts: 286Gear list
Like?
Re: No new E-X
In reply to AntnioGM, Aug 24, 2012

From what i've read yesterday (FT 3), it will be only 2 of this :
-E-6
-E 650
-E-PM2
-E-PL4

and after September (Photokina) it will be the OMD siblings

declan79's gear list:declan79's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Samsung NX300 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Apple iPhone 5 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
AntnioGM
Like?
In reply to declan79, Aug 24, 2012
Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Leica D-LUX 4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS1 Leica V-Lux 20 Epson R-D1 +10 more
Jolly Oly
Contributing MemberPosts: 978Gear list
Like?

AntnioGM wrote:

According to the latest "news" on rumors, we will not have a new camera, but only a new adapter, able to work with our old lenses.

Or, as I understood it, a new micro body (coming who knows when).

Anyhow, another nail in an E-7 coffin.
--
cheers
JO

http://kresimir.smugmug.com

Jolly Oly's gear list:Jolly Oly's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
stiger
Contributing MemberPosts: 576Gear list
Like?

I need to express my frustration to someone who will listen at Olympus. Can someone give me the best contact info at Olympus?

stiger's gear list:stiger's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
AntnioGM
Like?
In reply to stiger, Aug 24, 2012

I hope that if they produce a new m4/3's body that can handle 4/3 lenses focusing ability, our problems are more or less solved.
But if that depends on a new adapter, I have some doubts.

As for 4/3's future, things don't look very bright. No company is going to produce cameras for a system that no one is going to buy.

António
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91908602@N00/

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
E-7

I'm not going to buy one when it comes out (too expensive)... I just can't wait to see the E-7, just so I can say, "mmmmehhhhhh! told you so!"

Man, all of this "there won't be an E-7, there will be an E-7, there might be an E-7, I think I thought I saw an E-7..."

I have confirmation from my own mind that there will, indeed, be an E-7. That's enough for me. E-7. E-7. E-7. Say it three times, throw a pinch of salt over your shoulder, and wait for it to appear.
--
Dr. Lecter

EspE1
Contributing MemberPosts: 896Gear list
Like?
Re salt
In reply to Doctor Lecter, Aug 24, 2012

Doctor Lecter wrote:

I'm not going to buy one when it comes out (too expensive)... I just can't wait to see the E-7, just so I can say, "mmmmehhhhhh! told you so!"

Man, all of this "there won't be an E-7, there will be an E-7, there might be an E-7, I think I thought I saw an E-7..."

I have confirmation from my own mind that there will, indeed, be an E-7. That's enough for me. E-7. E-7. E-7. Say it three times, throw a pinch of salt over your shoulder, and wait for it to appear.
--
Dr. Lecter

This thing about salt being a prerequisite for E-7 to appear, could that possbily indicate that you have obtained some new insider information regarding Olympus development of new osmosis based power technology to replace the current depletable batteriesy?

EspE1's gear list:EspE1's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +6 more
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,178Gear list
Like?
Rumors and speculation - no new OM-D

... aren't worth repeating. This is the same song we've been hearing every m4/3 owner singing. This kind of posting is a forum killer and a brand killer. What's the point?

Everything official indicates an upgrade to the E-5 being developed.

There is no word on anything new for the OM-D line. It's probably a dead system. I heard this from a very reliable speculative opinion about a rumor that was spread several times before.
--
Dave
No thought exists without an image. Socrates
http://whaleshark.smugmug.com

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
agogo
Regular MemberPosts: 377Gear list
Like?
Either way....
In reply to AntnioGM, Aug 25, 2012

..... I don't mind - as long as the view finder and AF (CAF) are up to it, I really don't mind on the form factor too much (as long as it can balance the longer lenses ok - maybe add-on grip). 9 FPS shooting would be good too. Oh, and weather-proofing of course (given).

It would be great to have a cam to run both systems seamlessly - best of both worlds.

I really don't want to part with my 4/3 glass, so I'm willing to hold on until this new cam arrives - I have faith there will be a solution :-/

Whatever the cam, I doubt it will be out soon, so I'm considering finally getting an E5 - after holding off not thinking it was that big an improvement from the E3; might get a refurb or used one (hard to find!).

Rriley
Forum ProPosts: 21,846Gear list
Like?
In reply to stiger, Aug 25, 2012

stiger wrote:

I need to express my frustration to someone who will listen at Olympus. Can someone give me the best contact info at Olympus?

go to OlympusUK facebook
that way its public and everyone can see it
eventually they have to answer

-- hide signature --

Riley

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended
support 1022 Sunday Scapes'

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +1 more
jpviau
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
In reply to AntnioGM, Aug 25, 2012

Well, as much as I liked my E1, E500 and still love the E410 with zuiko lenses, I have no regret going over the fence to Canon with a 60D. Not being too heavily invested into Canon gear, I could have buy a E-7 eventually. I will now use the projected budget toward some nice Canon lenses... Humm, let me think, where is that 70-200 IS USM I am longing after?

-- hide signature --

Jean-Paul

Canon gear : 60D + 50mm 1.8 II + 18-55 USM (2012) just to start...

Olympus gear : E-1 (sold 2009; should have keep it); E-520 (since December 2008, focusing defective) E-410 (since June 2007) E-500 (2006- lost 2007); zuiko 14-54 (sold 2009); zuiko 14-42 (excellent, sold 2009); zuiko 14-45 (on the E410); zuiko 40-150Mk1 (excellent); zuiko 40-150 Mk2 (sold); zuiko 50 f2 macro (sold 2009, hoping for SWD version, should have keep it); Zuiko 70-300 (sold 2010, fun for portrait and compressed perspective, not fast enough for birding); flash FL-36 (so-so but light and useful)

Doug Marsh
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
Re: Rumors and speculation - no new OM-D
In reply to dave gaines, Aug 25, 2012

Hell's bells, guys.....a post was recently presented here in the forum which gave the link where one of the head honchos from Olympus said himself an upgrade to the E-5 was in the works.....What more do you need.....I am waiting patiently for the announcement this fall. I would suggest the same to all the naysayers and skeptics out there....

feinschmecker
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?
Re: Rumors and speculation - no new OM-D
In reply to Doug Marsh, Aug 25, 2012

Thing is, I am also patient until this fall. After that, quite frankly, I am too tired waiting for a solution. How many years did they have to figure out a solution for regular four thirds lenses? Must be close to 4 years now. Seriously, what's taking them so long? Can't be only a technical reason IMHO.

Cheers,
Pablo

Doug Marsh wrote:

Hell's bells, guys.....a post was recently presented here in the forum which gave the link where one of the head honchos from Olympus said himself an upgrade to the E-5 was in the works.....What more do you need.....I am waiting patiently for the announcement this fall. I would suggest the same to all the naysayers and skeptics out there....

gdiver
Regular MemberPosts: 345Gear list
Like?
Re: Either way....
In reply to agogo, Aug 25, 2012
 gdiver's gear list:gdiver's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus E-M1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads