moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,760Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm great. References: me.
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Aug 20, 2012

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

Once again, I WILL NOT EVER show my work to you people.

Ann Romney? That you?!?

Well since you keep antagonizing me, I decided to look at your "favorite things". I was not impressed.

I could critique them for you, but I'm afraid it would be very painful.

Well, since I have not invited you to, and have not presented them specifically in this thread, your doing that would probably guarantee your ban from the forum, at least temporarily. But go ahead if you feel the need to.

Here - here's the last image in that set, just uploaded a few days ago - you have my permission to give your worst! I'm sure it will make you feel better.

Lighthouse Breakwall Divers, Grand Marais MN 2012

Now - let's see one of yours.

Seriously - if you're not simply trolling - read through your comments in this thread, and think about how you could have got you point across more effectively. That's the best advice I can give you. If you can stomach tough advice on your own work, as you say you can, then you should be able to do the same on your forum presentation.

I'll start you on your way with a hint: make your arguments stand on their own by crafting your arguments better. What you did was simply vent frustration in an un-original way and in a rather rude manner, then tried to give yourself some credibility without actually offering anything credible. It was and continues to be a train wreck.

--
Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Biological_Viewfinder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,194
Like?
In reply to moving_comfort, Aug 20, 2012

moving_comfort wrote:

Well, since I have not invited you to, and have not presented them specifically in this thread, your doing that would probably guarantee your ban from the forum, at least temporarily. But go ahead if you feel the need to.

Here's a hint: I don't care. All it takes is a day to change my IP address. Then I can be MechanicViewFinder or whatever I want to be.

Also, I don't believe there would be anything at all wrong with providing you with my criticism. I don't have to make personal insults to be eloquent, yet brutally honest.

But all I can say right now is that pretty much anyone could have taken those shots with pretty much any camera. There's nothing at all there that's interesting in any way.

Okay, now go get me banned for telling the truth about your work. (Rolls eyes).

You're the one personally insulting me. Do you really think for a moment that they'll even bother with a complaint from someone who's being immature and can't handle that someone has a different opinion than the majority of people. I'm not here ranting about how STUPID YOU ARE or saying that well you're probably ugly in real life or telling you to STFU or saying that you're an imbecile. But that's what I'm getting from people like you. So do you really think that they would do anything at all about my posting? I'm just expressing myself; but I'm doing it without personally insulting anyone.

I hope that you post again. You are entertaining.

moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,760Gear list
Like?

moving_comfort wrote:

Here's a hint: I don't care. All it takes is a day to change my IP address. Then I can be MechanicViewFinder or whatever I want to be.

Interesting. How many other IDs do you currently have in use on the forums now? Do any of them post Dragan-style portraits? I'll keep my eye out for you, I'm genuinely interested in seeing this great work, now.

But all I can say right now is that pretty much anyone could have taken those shots with pretty much any camera. There's nothing at all there that's interesting in any way.

At this point it's impossible for me to know if you actually feel that way, or if it's your anger talking. I'm betting the latter. Anyway, I claim to be nothing but an enthusiast, I've never tried to sell anything, and I would never, ever claim great chops in an internet forum in the same thread where I lob insults at 'lesser' photographers while refusing to provide any proof of my claims of my personal greatness . I would have to have taken leave of my senses to do so.

You're the one personally insulting me. Do you really think for a moment that they'll even bother with a complaint from someone who's being immature and can't handle that someone has a different opinion than the majority of people.

You're entitled to your opinion, but then others are entitled to their opinion of your opinion - especially if you deliver your opinion in such a rude and clumsy manner in a public forum. Do we not?

I'm not here ranting about how STUPID YOU ARE or saying that well you're probably ugly in real life or telling you to STFU or saying that you're an imbecile.

We have something in common then, because neither am I.

... But that's what I'm getting from people like you. So do you really think that they would do anything at all about my posting? I'm just expressing myself; but I'm doing it without personally insulting anyone.

Going into someone's sig link, pulling things out and commenting on them when they weren't presented in the thread has gotten people banned before. Giving a blanket 'meh' as you've done is perfectly safe for you, don't worry.

I hope that you post again. You are entertaining.

Glad to oblige! But I really have to continue to ask for a shot - one shot! Just one! Blow us away!

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Biological_Viewfinder
Like?
In reply to moving_comfort, Aug 20, 2012

moving_comfort wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

Interesting. How many other IDs do you currently have in use on the forums now? Do any of them post Dragan-style portraits? I'll keep my eye out for you, I'm genuinely interested in seeing this great work, now.

Dude, it’s just the way the world works. If you don’t have any website knowledge then that’s fine. I do. Do you even know how to change your IP? Just drop it. The point is that I could be back in a day. The ban would have to completely omit a major ISP, and they can’t do that. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then you shouldn’t even respond.

At this point it's impossible for me to know if you actually feel that way, or if it's your anger talking. I'm betting the latter. Anyway, I claim to be nothing but an enthusiast, I've never tried to sell anything, and I would never, ever claim great chops in an internet forum in the same thread where I lob insults at 'lesser' photographers while refusing to provide any proof of my claims of my personal greatness . I would have to have taken leave of my senses to do so.

I’m sorry to disappoint, but I’m not angry. Don’t you even know what you’ve been typing?

You're the one personally insulting me. Do you really think for a moment that they'll even bother with a complaint from someone who's being immature and can't handle that someone has a different opinion than the majority of people.

You're entitled to your opinion, but then others are entitled to their opinion of your opinion - especially if you deliver your opinion in such a rude and clumsy manner in a public forum. Do we not?

I don’t know how many times I have to say this, but I voiced my opinion out of frustration after having had seen just one too many mediocre photographs on a pro camera forum, and it just doesn’t make sense to me. Why buy a $3000+ camera and then post a snapshot? If the work isn’t amazing, why post it? If you need to learn, go to the beginner’s forum and learn.

Glad to oblige! But I really have to continue to ask for a shot - one shot! Just one! Blow us away!

I’m not your puppet. There will NEVER be pictures for you to learn from or enjoy or even disdain on purpose regardless of their beauty.

Biological_Viewfinder
Like?
Re: Frustrated with this Forum's Photographic Examples

Looks like someone's complaint removed the visibility of this thread.

That's interesting seeing that it's nearly capped out already.
--

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Biological_Viewfinder
Like?

well I'll cap it out. BOOM!!!

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Biological_Viewfinder
Like?

CAPPING

Biological_Viewfinder
Like?

150th. DONE!!!
--

BearsMom
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?

Actually according to the message board there are still two places left. One for me and one for you to have the last word.

I wondered about posting at all since Im no doubt one of those you feel is unworthy of both my camera and any space here at all however in the end I decided I had something to say so Im going to say it. You may not feel my point is valid or you may just not admit it is, but its my opinion nonetheless.

Anyone anywhere any time that has the money to buy an item they want deserves to have that item and deserves to try to learn from people that are willing to share. Whether I was born dripping in money (I wasnt ) or if I earned it or even saved it up from a meager retirement, I still deserve to have it.

I hardly threaten anyone's livlihood with this equipment as Im too old to even want to be a pro. Others may feel differently but they still are asking for just a little help. Im here to mainly try to regain my skills I had as a younger woman and figure out if its actually a loss of skill or if the newness and difference of the digital format is interferng with my thought processes. If its the former a few nudges in the right direction could be helpful if people care to help me, if its the technology then I need to do more reading and there again a nudge would help.

Ill get there in time its just that help from skilled people would get me there sooner.

As to subject matter if a guy posts photos of his grandkids or even his own kids maybe one day with a little help somone will buy his photos and put them in ads for products. God knows theres a huge market for kids stuff. But the guy may just need a little nudge a small bit of something that comes easy to you.

If someone posts shots of their pets well there again theres a huge market out ther for everything from food to collars and clothing, toys and even portraits in the pet world. Again all it takes is a little friendly advice and that guy might become one of the envied pros. Or maybe he will just have nicer pictures to hang on his wall. Something a friend or neighbor will admire and make him feel good. Again wheres the harm.

Poor landscapes and macro shots speak for themselves and are their own reason for being. That person obvously wants to make something pretty for others to admire. With only seconds of someones precious time you could easily help another find his way.

And if in the end that person just goes through life taking bad photos because he cant figure out his expensive equipment or his mind wont wrap itself around the artistic view is there any harm? I mean really with all the horrible things in this world is a bad photo or two really doing that much harm?

Thank you

Karen
--
KC

Al Giordano
Contributing MemberPosts: 852Gear list
Like?
Show us the goods!!!

Please do show us how it's done!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Al Giordano's gear list:Al Giordano's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads