LIghtroom 4 problem

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions
lou Capeloto
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
LIghtroom 4 problem
Aug 16, 2012

HI I have lightroom 4 and when in the library mode the photo I have selected will move to another photo by itself without me doing anything with my mouse and I dont have auto advance selected very frustrating any suggestions how to fix

Thank you
--
http://www.corot.smugmug.com

Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: LIghtroom 4 problem
In reply to lou Capeloto, Aug 16, 2012

Are you looking at the Navigator Pane at the top left of the screen?

This shows the image under the mouse pointer in the film strip at the bottom of the screen and changes as you move the mouse pointer.

If this isn't your problem, can you give some more details. Do you have the screen in Grid, Loupe, Compare or Survey mode? Which image changes? Does it change when you do nothing at all? No you have any filters turned on?

Have you initiated the Slide Show?
--
Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lou Capeloto
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
In reply to Chris R-UK, Aug 16, 2012

Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply

I do have the navigator pane open however I am referring to the image in the strip mode that moves apologize I wasn't explicit enough

The screen is in loupe mode and it wont necessarily go to the next image but may jump to three or four images away from the image I have selected in the film strip mode

My pointer is resting over the photo and not along the film strip when this happens

No filters are on however about 10 minutes ago I locked in the side panels and that seems to help

Are you looking at the Navigator Pane at the top left of the screen?

This shows the image under the mouse pointer in the film strip at the bottom of the screen and changes as you move the mouse pointer.

If this isn't your problem, can you give some more details. Do you have the screen in Grid, Loupe, Compare or Survey mode? Which image changes? Does it change when you do nothing at all? No you have any filters turned on?

Have you initiated the Slide Show?

-- hide signature --
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
In reply to lou Capeloto, Aug 16, 2012

I have never encountered anything like that. It sounds like a bug in LR.

It might be worth posting on the adobe LR forum:
http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

I think that there is a list of known bugs in LR somewhere on the Adobe site.
--
Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads