RX100s everywhere

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions
Hans Bolte
Senior MemberPosts: 1,390Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100s everywhere
In reply to BobT, Aug 6, 2012

It looks now like it did back in the DSC-F707 days! That was my last Sony Camera...glad to be back!
--
Gallery

http://www.pbase.com/hb1840/potd

Hans Bolte's gear list:Hans Bolte's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PDavis
Regular MemberPosts: 454Gear list
Like?
Re: It's mould-breaking, that's why
In reply to aerorail, Aug 7, 2012

I'm in full agreement that this camera is all that. Just make this thing weather sealed and it's game over.

PDavis's gear list:PDavis's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
RX100
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
In reply to PDavis, Aug 7, 2012

PDavis wrote:

I'm in full agreement that this camera is all that. Just make this thing weather sealed and it's game over.

Make it waterproof and shockproof and game over!

Chippy99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,306Gear list
Like?
In reply to RX100, Aug 7, 2012

RX100 wrote:

PDavis wrote:

I am reminded of the "What have the Romans ever done for us?" scene in Monty Python's Life of Brian!

Chippy99's gear list:Chippy99's gear list
Olympus E-M1
mogando668
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
In reply to trale, Aug 7, 2012

Count me in too. The last time i used a Sony camera was a big fat p&s back in early 2000's.

currently own a pocket company Canon SD800, mirrorless Oly PL-2, and big fat Nikon D700 FX DSLR

Just bought the RX100 online. It pretty much combines the best of my Canon and my Oly - can't really ask for more (except a price discount =p)

trale wrote:

Not Sony folks.

Plenty of shooters of other brands of picking this up and as a result posting in this forum now. Case in point:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1009&thread=42175469
How many new member to this forum because of RX100? (Myself included)

It is far from free. But there are plenty of people (regardless of brand loyalty) who wants the best camera one can slip in their pockets, and are willing to pay a premium for it.

jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 10,705Gear list
Like?
RX100, Canon 20D, 5D, NikD700, etc....
In reply to mogando668, Aug 7, 2012

made the list of ...Hey, this is something better !!!

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony RX100 G1 X II Canon EOS 70D
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,157Gear list
Like?
In reply to BobT, Aug 8, 2012

Its the new kid on block

BobT wrote:

Just cruising through some of the foums and noticed how you guys are really, REALLY into this RX100. That's almost ALL that's being discussed in this forum.

I'm guessing that this is the GREATEST camera that you Sony folks have seen in a while. Don't recall seeing anything this exciting in any forums for a while. Is this like, free, to boot?
No need to add any comment here. Just thought it interesting, that's all.

-- hide signature --

Alan.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II +8 more
snapshot09
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,512
Like?
In reply to RX100, Aug 8, 2012

We can't have it all.

RX100 wrote:

PDavis wrote:

snapshot09
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,512
Like?
In reply to peacefrog33756, Aug 8, 2012

I'm sure you will be pleased.

peacefrog33756 wrote:

Receiving my RX100 via "Big Brown" later today. Excited as all get out to receive it! Gave up my old E-PL1 and the Panny 20mm f/1.7 to afford this venture. Even the E-PL1's smallish size became a hassle for me on my daily walks since it required at least a small bag. I am looking forward to the pocket-sized RX100 to provide comparable and beyond photos. Had a TX20 which I gave away to a relative, so my expectations for the RX100 are high based on the accolades here and the sample photos.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads