A few images from England, E-Pl1, all but one with 11-22 lens and post-proc'd in LR4

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions
stefanbe
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
A few images from England, E-Pl1, all but one with 11-22 lens and post-proc'd in LR4
Aug 3, 2012

Comments welcome. The 11-22 might be a bit slow and the combination is a bit "head-heavy", but its my widest angle lens and ts quite sharp and fast ...
Regards Stefan

stefanbe's gear list:stefanbe's gear list
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
maggiemole
Regular MemberPosts: 330
Like?
Re: A few images from England, E-Pl1, all but one with 11-22 lens and post-proc'd in
In reply to stefanbe, Aug 3, 2012

I like these a lot. They make me want to visit - and I actually live in England! What PP did you do to get the Dickensian feel eg on the covered street? Also - why have I never heard of an 11-22 lens? Is it an m4/3 lens?

Thanks for showing them.
Maggie

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
bthomas001
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?
Re: A few images from England, E-Pl1, all but one with 11-22 lens and post-proc'd in
In reply to stefanbe, Aug 3, 2012

Well done! The E-PL1 and FT 11-22mm is a combination I am interested in too. I see you had great success with the pair. Thanks for posting!

Jon Stock
Senior MemberPosts: 1,599Gear list
Like?
Great shots
In reply to stefanbe, Aug 4, 2012

First one is sweet.

The 11-22mm is a nice lens.
--

Jon

Jon Stock's gear list:Jon Stock's gear list
Epson R-D1x Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +13 more
stefanbe
Like?
In reply to maggiemole, Aug 4, 2012

Hi Maggie, thanks for the comments. The 11-22 mm is actually a FT lens, which I like quite a bit on my E-3 too. As I wanted to go to London and surroundings a bit more lightweight, I replaced the E-3 by the E-PL1. The biggest disadvantage is the very slow autofocus, but I like more to take pictures of architcture and landscape and neither buildings nor mountains tend to move too fast

The postprocessing in Lightroom is rather simple. I increased contrast, reduced highlights, increased shadows, added clarity and vibrance, adapted exposure and reduced saturaton to my liking. Finally a bit denoising and sharpening and thats it.
Best regards
Stefan

Sabatia
Regular MemberPosts: 424
Like?

Very nice pics. You have a talent for getting all these wonderful vaulted ceilings with the life going on below.

But how can you take such nice pictures when your camera is not the latest and greatest? Just kidding. I have an ancient G3 that I bought at an antique store;-)

19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 10,117Gear list
Like?

Very nice series, like them all!

stefanbe
Like?
In reply to Sabatia, Aug 4, 2012

Thanks for your kind comment, its a long time after I had last time chance to shoot some new pics. And yes, the E-PL1 is soo much yesterday, quite nostalgic But, hionestly, it makes a great citytravel cam, since the pics are ok and I can even put my FT glass on. For my next upcoming journey I probably skip the also outdated E3 completely and take again the E-PL1 only ...

Take care
--
-----
http://www.scherbenhaufen.ch
http://blog.scherbenhaufen.ch

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads