i1Display 2 on Mountain Lion?

Started Jul 26, 2012 | Discussions
Dave Lasker
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
i1Display 2 on Mountain Lion?
Jul 26, 2012

I am still happily running Snow Leopard, but am considering making the switch to Mountain Lion once the dust settles. X-Rite emailed me the link to their D2LionEdition driver. X-Rite's website says "Please note that while we do not anticipate any problems, i1ProfilerD2LionEdition software has not been fully tested on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). X-Rite does not plan to provide support for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) but will continue to support this product on OS X 10.7 (Lion)".

Has anyone tried this SW on Mountain Lion yet?

Thanks for the help!

jbagg
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: i1Display 2 on Mountain Lion?
In reply to Dave Lasker, Jul 26, 2012

I have it installed on my Mountain Lion machine. I launched it and it seems to work fine, but I have not yet done a calibration. I hope to do so soon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jbagg
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Works great
In reply to jbagg, Jul 27, 2012

I just recalibrated. Worked just like with Lion.

Dave Lasker
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Re: Works great
In reply to jbagg, Jul 27, 2012

Thanks!

jcgraphics77
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
In reply to Dave Lasker, Apr 10, 2013

Hello, can anyone tell me where I can get the driver to run my i1 Display 2 on Mountain Lion?

Thank you

Dave Lasker wrote:

I am still happily running Snow Leopard, but am considering making the switch to Mountain Lion once the dust settles. X-Rite emailed me the link to their D2LionEdition driver. X-Rite's website says "Please note that while we do not anticipate any problems, i1ProfilerD2LionEdition software has not been fully tested on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion). X-Rite does not plan to provide support for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) but will continue to support this product on OS X 10.7 (Lion)".

Has anyone tried this SW on Mountain Lion yet?

Thanks for the help!

Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,508Gear list
Like?
In reply to jcgraphics77, Apr 10, 2013

It's on the website

i1Display 2 installed  perfectly without a hitch on my new 27" iMac.

Epson printer, Epson and Moab paper  iPhoto, PSE 10.   All calibrated  And profiled.

Good luck with your installation.

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
jcgraphics77
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
In reply to Len_Gee, Apr 11, 2013

I couldn't find it anywhere on their site at first. Then I called Xrite and they referred me to this link for the software.

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1933&Action=support&SoftwareID=1139

Will try tonight. Thanks for your help.

J

Len_Gee wrote:

It's on the website

i1Display 2 installed  perfectly without a hitch on my new 27" iMac.

Epson printer, Epson and Moab paper  iPhoto, PSE 10.   All calibrated  And profiled.

Good luck with your installation.

BeachnCruz
Senior MemberPosts: 2,032
Like?
Re: i1Display 2 vs. i1 Display Pro for Accuracy
In reply to Dave Lasker, Apr 11, 2013

Dry Creek Photo testing might motivate you to reconsider and seek newer hardware that can provide much better calibration accuracy and better results ... such as the X-Rite i1 Display Pro

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/MonitorCalibrationHardware.html

Jim

Gustavo Seluja
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to BeachnCruz, 8 months ago

I'm happy to report that it also worked with Mac OSX Mavericks. The device was not being recognized at first. I found a thread about needing to install the XRD Services with Mavericks. After I did, and a reboot, the software recognized the device and was able to calibrate. So happy I didn't need to buy a new device/system.

XRD Services program can be downloaded from here:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1509&Action=support&SoftwareID=1338

Thanks to everyone for the help, especially the link to the i1ProfilerD2Lion program.

Gustavo

Santa Fe, NM

Mark K W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,083
Like?
In reply to Gustavo Seluja, 8 months ago

Gustavo Seluja wrote:

I'm happy to report that it also worked with Mac OSX Mavericks. The device was not being recognized at first. I found a thread about needing to install the XRD Services with Mavericks. After I did, and a reboot, the software recognized the device and was able to calibrate. So happy I didn't need to buy a new device/system.

XRD Services program can be downloaded from here:

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1509&Action=support&SoftwareID=1338

Thanks to everyone for the help, especially the link to the i1ProfilerD2Lion program.

Gustavo

Santa Fe, NM

Can I just confirm, are you saying that with a Mavericks installation, then installing i1ProfilerD2Lion edition, and then installing the XRD services from the link above, you can get full operation from an i1 Display 2 puck on a Mavericks machine??

(The stated lack of i1 Display 2 compatibility is one of the reasons I have been holding back from Mavericks upgrade).

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads