Dear Fujifilm

Started Jul 25, 2012 | Discussions
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Dear Fujifilm
Jul 25, 2012

It has been many, many years since you have made a pro level SLR. You might want to consider removing the claim that you sell them from the front page of your camera web page. It makes you look like idiots.

"From cutting-edge digital SLR pro-level models to fashion-conscious point-and-shoot compacts, there's a Fujifilm FinePix digital camera to satisfy every kind of photographer."

Surely you have writers who can compose some new marketing BS that doesnt imply that Fujifilm still makes SLRs, can't you?

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Michael Melb AU
Contributing MemberPosts: 935
Like?
Re: Dear Fujifilm
In reply to rattymouse, Jul 25, 2012

Hi Ratty,

With somewhat different choice of words - I am with you on this one. Making such a bold statement while NO DSLRs are made and sold definitely looks like misleading advertisement. At least we can not see these cameras on the same site.
--
Everyone can do it - some do it well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Baseman
Regular MemberPosts: 444Gear list
Like?

Maybe Fujifilm is trying to redefine DLSR.

I do agree with you Ratty. If Fujifilm wants to make a DSLR, then have the gumption to call it a "Pro-Level", they should have a product which supports that claim!

Just because their X-Pro1 has the word "Pro" in it's name doesn't make it a "Pro-Level" camera. It's anything but a pro camera when you look at what a real pro camera is!

Wake up Fujifilm! We're not hip to your hype anymore!

Baseman's gear list:Baseman's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?

rattymouse wrote:

It has been many, many years since you have made a pro level SLR. You might want to consider removing the claim that you sell them from the front page of your camera web page. It makes you look like idiots.

"From cutting-edge digital SLR pro-level models to fashion-conscious point-and-shoot compacts, there's a Fujifilm FinePix digital camera to satisfy every kind of photographer."

Surely you have writers who can compose some new marketing BS that doesnt imply that Fujifilm still makes SLRs, can't you?

It's about time you apply for a position there.

Marketing and QC Manager.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
expressivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 756Gear list
Like?
In reply to jcmarfilph, Jul 25, 2012

It's about time you apply for a position there.

Marketing and QC Manager.

Fuji would never do this... because this much-needed change would be a giant leap forward in marketing and quality control.

Patrick

PS... Of course, Fuji could not and should not tie the hands of any of their executives... Managers and Executives must be able to do their jobs... and that may actually be Fuji's biggest problem.

Bad Pic kev
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,759Gear list
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jul 26, 2012

they could do that, or make a new dslr
--
I have a picture,
pinned to my wall.
An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all.

Bad Pic kev's gear list:Bad Pic kev's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Bad Pic kev, Jul 26, 2012

Bad Pic kev wrote:

they could do that, or make a new dslr
--

That would be the preferable solution.

Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Gary N W
Forum ProPosts: 10,518
Like?
Re: Dear Fujifilm--Hi RM

Your comment is very reasonable after all the time Fuji has kept the same model DSLR. They should upgrade for sure.

Best wishes, Gary N W SFO

PhotOptimist
Senior MemberPosts: 1,709
Like?
What about X-Pro1?

Not good enough for you?
I've seen a lot of action photos from you in this forum!(?)

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,038
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jul 27, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

But if they DID make them, they'd be "The Professional's Choice".

-- hide signature --

'Bass-ackward' does not equate to 'superior'.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: What about X-Pro1?
In reply to PhotOptimist, Jul 27, 2012

PhotOptimist wrote:

Not good enough for you?
I've seen a lot of action photos from you in this forum!(?)

X Pro 1 is not an SLR. Fujifilm should not claim on their web site that they make SLR's.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Midwest, Jul 27, 2012

Midwest wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

But if they DID make them, they'd be "The Professional's Choice".

For some yes, but I'm doubtful that they'd get much traction with pros after the way they shafted their pro customers the way they exited that business.

Bad Pic kev
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,759Gear list
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, Jul 27, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

For some yes, but I'm doubtful that they'd get much traction with pros after the way they shafted their pro customers the way they exited that business.

i know quite a few pros that still pine for a new fuji dslr
--
I have a picture,
pinned to my wall.
An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all.

Bad Pic kev's gear list:Bad Pic kev's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
SW Anderson
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
In reply to Baseman, Jul 30, 2012

Baseman wrote:

Maybe Fujifilm is trying to redefine DLSR.

Just because their X-Pro1 has the word "Pro" in it's name doesn't make it a "Pro-Level" camera. It's anything but a pro camera when you look at what a real pro camera is!

Maybe Fujifilm is basing the claim on price.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads