RX100 user manual PDF

Started Jul 5, 2012 | Discussions
gtma1
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
RX100 user manual PDF
Jul 5, 2012

Hi all. Apologies if this has already been posted:

http://www.sony.jp/cyber-shot/emdown/data/RX100_im_GBES.pdf

It's the user manual in English and Spanish.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
keven v
Regular MemberPosts: 281
Like?
Thanks gtma1! N/T
In reply to gtma1, Jul 5, 2012
n/t
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
chuikov
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Re: RX100 user manual PDF
In reply to gtma1, Jul 5, 2012

Excellent!

Thank you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,739Gear list
Like?
user manual excerpts
In reply to keven v, Jul 5, 2012

excerpts from referenced manual

power: can plug in wall and shoot or play, even with no battery in camera, or, without draining battery if in camera

movies: max. individual movie length 29 minutes (some BS legal issue)
can zoom during movie, camera sounds will be heard on movie playback
has wind noise reduction
can take stills during movie
AVCHD or MPEG4

adjustable soft skin setting
adjustable flash level

clear image zoom: definitely has it, but no chart included showing increased zoom as sensor mp use is reduced. worked fairly well on my wx10.

color space: change range of colors. Doubt it, but, can this help with the poor yellows they are talking about?

overheat: auto shut down

has Eye-Fi

says 4" x 2-3/8" x 1-7/16" 8.5 oz

RAW: image data converter available

http://www.sony.co.jp/imsoft/WIN/ or MAC

support page http://www.sony.co.jp/ids-se/ english only

elliott

 elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TEBnewyork
Forum ProPosts: 11,193
Like?
Thank You!
In reply to gtma1, Jul 5, 2012
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gtma1
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: user manual excerpts (link to RAW converter)
In reply to elliottnewcomb, Jul 5, 2012

This is a working link:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/jp/idc/download/

It has links to both Mac and Windows RAW conversion software. I've not tried either of them. Would be curious to know how the Mac one fares.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Robbbbert
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?
Re: user manual excerpts (link to RAW converter)
In reply to gtma1, Jul 5, 2012

Sony viewer works fine, thanks.
Here is a link to a sample Raw:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/sony-rx100/RX100FAR2I0080.ARW.HTM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tom Hoots
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,744
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to gtma1, Jul 5, 2012

gtma1 wrote:

Hi all. Apologies if this has already been posted:

http://www.sony.jp/cyber-shot/emdown/data/RX100_im_GBES.pdf

Yeah, but it's just the limited user guide. The "Handbook" goes into far more detail, and you can see an English-language version of that here:

http://www.sony.com.hk/svcfiles/faq/DI/User_Guide_Eng/DSC-RX100/contents/contentslist.html

Tom Hoots
http://www.pbase.com/thoots
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4330317199/albums

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
vincentnyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,440
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to Tom Hoots, Jul 5, 2012

Tom et al:

how would one download that "FULL HANDBOOK", may i ask?

thx for posting that very detailed link, but it would be far better if we'd be able to download it and have it on our hard drives for instant referral.

maybe a more computer savvy person might chime in to help?

thx in advance.

Tom Hoots wrote:

gtma1 wrote:

Hi all. Apologies if this has already been posted:

http://www.sony.jp/cyber-shot/emdown/data/RX100_im_GBES.pdf

Yeah, but it's just the limited user guide. The "Handbook" goes into far more detail, and you can see an English-language version of that here:

http://www.sony.com.hk/svcfiles/faq/DI/User_Guide_Eng/DSC-RX100/contents/contentslist.html

Tom Hoots
http://www.pbase.com/thoots
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4330317199/albums

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tom Hoots
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,744
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to vincentnyc, Jul 6, 2012

vincentnyc wrote:

how would one download that "FULL HANDBOOK", may i ask?

I searched the 'net for a web site or a program that would do it, and I found WinHTTrack, here:

http://www.httrack.com/

As it says, "HTTrack is a free (GPL, libre/free software) and easy-to-use offline browser utility." I installed it, copied the handbook URL and pasted it into the program, went through the routine it walks you through, and it took off and copied the whole thing. It took maybe 10 minutes or so, but it certainly got the job done.

This is a Windows utility, and there is a Linux/Unix version, but I'm not sure what exists on the Mac side of the world.

Tom Hoots
http://www.pbase.com/thoots
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4330317199/albums

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,739Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to Tom Hoots, Jul 6, 2012

go to the link

http://www.sony.com.hk/...User_Guide_Eng/DSC-RX100/contents/contentslist.html

when manual is open, just right click on the screen, and 'save as'.

windows by default will put it in your Downloads folder. It will automatically name it for you, so look when you save it, so you can recognize it by searching if you forget where it is.

or, pick where you want to put it, and name it yourself.

 elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
vincentnyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,440
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to elliottnewcomb, Jul 6, 2012

I did that: right click on the hk/Sony site link and saved it, but it seems like the result is a non-downloadable page?

elliottnewcomb wrote:

go to the link

http://www.sony.com.hk/...User_Guide_Eng/DSC-RX100/contents/contentslist.html

when manual is open, just right click on the screen, and 'save as'.

windows by default will put it in your Downloads folder. It will automatically name it for you, so look when you save it, so you can recognize it by searching if you forget where it is.

or, pick where you want to put it, and name it yourself.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,739Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to vincentnyc, Jul 6, 2012

click on the link, open the manual, put your mouse over the manual page on the screen, then right click, should give you a pop up with save as choice.

 elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S85 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,166Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 user manual PDF
In reply to gtma1, Jul 6, 2012

Thanaks.
--
Alan.

 ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
gtma1
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Re: RX100 user manual PDF
In reply to ASR45, Jul 6, 2012

I have a zipped file that contains the entire online user guide for offline viewing. If I could just figure out how to upload it, I would. There are various free or demo utilities that will download an entire website (including links within the site). I used one of these, and then corrected the one error (one graphic wasn't downloaded). It's great for viewing on an iPad or other tablet. I did try and upload by changing the extension from .zip to .jpeg but dpreview.com is too clever and spotted it wasn't a valid jpeg and wouldn't upload. Sorry folks. I tried!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Rehabdoc
Contributing MemberPosts: 906
Like?
Re: user manual excerpts
In reply to elliottnewcomb, Jul 6, 2012

Can shoot while plugged into USB without drawing battery. Awesome.

elliottnewcomb wrote:

excerpts from referenced manual

power: can plug in wall and shoot or play, even with no battery in camera, or, without draining battery if in camera

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nanty Coy
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 user manual PDF
In reply to gtma1, Jul 6, 2012

I down-loaded the entire contents of:

http://www.sony.com.hk/svcfiles/faq/DI/User_Guide_Eng/DSC-RX100/index.html

which got me a total of 276 files totalling 246Mb.

I then used an HTML-to-PDF converter (VeryPDF) and ended up with a 275 page document in which the links only take me back to the .html files on disc. Nor are the pages numbered.

I need something more sophisticated to convert the html files and keep page sequence/numbering/links - any suggestions?

Chris

PS The plan was to put it on my website and advertise its availability to dpreviewers, but the .pdf file is 138Mb which would soon use up my monthly allowance I suspect!

 Nanty Coy's gear list:Nanty Coy's gear list
Sony SLT-A65
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tom Hoots
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,744
Like?
Re: RX100 Handbook
In reply to vincentnyc, Jul 6, 2012

vincentnyc wrote:

I did that: right click on the hk/Sony site link and saved it, but it seems like the result is a non-downloadable page?

I suppose it all depends upon which browser you're using, but I've generally found that any kind of "File Save As" will save the first page, that's all. And then when you click the links for each of the other pages, it's still pulling them off of the web.

The WinHTTrack program will indeed save everything to your hard drive, and it will work perfectly fine "offline." And I expect there are many other programs that will do the same.

As for trying to save the web site or the offline pages to PDF, I have given up on that. Supposedly the full version of Adobe Acrobat will do the job, but short of that, I'm not sure what might do it.

In the end, I'm fully happy enough with the offline pages that WinHTTrack saved. Hopefully, the CD that comes with the camera will have it all in one PDF file, and I can wait for that.

Tom Hoots
http://www.pbase.com/thoots
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/4330317199/albums

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cmosse
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 user manual PDF
In reply to Nanty Coy, Jul 6, 2012

Nanty Coy wrote:

I down-loaded the entire contents of:

http://www.sony.com.hk/svcfiles/faq/DI/User_Guide_Eng/DSC-RX100/index.html

which got me a total of 276 files totalling 246Mb.

I then used an HTML-to-PDF converter (VeryPDF) and ended up with a 275 page document in which the links only take me back to the .html files on disc. Nor are the pages numbered.

I need something more sophisticated to convert the html files and keep page sequence/numbering/links - any suggestions?

Chris

PS The plan was to put it on my website and advertise its availability to dpreviewers, but the .pdf file is 138Mb which would soon use up my monthly allowance I suspect!

here is the complete cybershot online guide for RX100 as one single PDF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jn184ol0stdgxt8/DSC-RX100%20_%20Cyber-shot%20User%20Guide_En.pdf

 cmosse's gear list:cmosse's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nanty Coy
Regular MemberPosts: 163Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 user manual PDF
In reply to cmosse, Jul 6, 2012

Perfect - thanks

 Nanty Coy's gear list:Nanty Coy's gear list
Sony SLT-A65
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads