Dealing with XZ1 and VF2 viewfinder

Started Jul 4, 2012 | Discussions
rossi11
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Dealing with XZ1 and VF2 viewfinder
Jul 4, 2012

I have had an XZ1 for a few weeks and like it a lot so far.I had issues with viewing the screen in bright light so I purchased a VF2 viewfinder which appears to work quite well. I have yet to try it in bright sunlight, but now my problem is that the viewfinder adds considerable size to the XZ1. I use this camera while hiking so inserting the viewfinder and removing it constantly will be a pain, any suggestions on a compact camera case that will handle the camera with the viewfinder attached?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks Bob

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,050Gear list
Like?
Re: Dealing with XZ1 and VF2 viewfinder
In reply to rossi11, Jul 4, 2012

rossi11 wrote:

I have had an XZ1 for a few weeks and like it a lot so far.I had issues with viewing the screen in bright light so I purchased a VF2 viewfinder which appears to work quite well. I have yet to try it in bright sunlight, but now my problem is that the viewfinder adds considerable size to the XZ1. I use this camera while hiking so inserting the viewfinder and removing it constantly will be a pain, any suggestions on a compact camera case that will handle the camera with the viewfinder attached?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks Bob

Others have noted this as well. You might be able to fit the camera into something like a Lowepro Apex100, but most have had to move to a bag designed for u4/3 ILC cameras, like the Compact Courier 70 or Crumpler 1 or 2 million Dollar home. Something like a ThinkTank StuffIt! might also work.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Otto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,095Gear list
Like?
In reply to rossi11, Jul 4, 2012

A really cheap bag that fits the Xz-1 with VF-2 attached is the Case Logic DCB-303

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0039BPG1U

It's the one I use.

Otto's gear list:Otto's gear list
Canon PowerShot A610 Canon PowerShot S400 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II Arcsoft Panorama Maker +13 more
Ken Sills
Regular MemberPosts: 490
Like?
In reply to Otto, Jul 4, 2012

Yup, that's the one that I use also. It's well made with padding. Also has several external pockets for spare batteries and memory cards. And has a belt loop. Great value.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads