Pentax K200D Problem - 3rd time

Started Jun 28, 2012 | Discussions
Waynes World
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
Pentax K200D Problem - 3rd time
Jun 28, 2012

Hello, I have had a K200D since it was launched over four years ago and in the first year of ownership It had broken twice. There was an issue with the whole camera being really unresponsive, the sensor shaking randomly, and not being able to to actuate the shutter since the the shutter button was not responding. Both of those times with the same issue Pentax had fixed the camera under warranty. They had also renewed the warranty after the repair. Now it has the same issues for the third time. It has been over two years since the last repair so now I would have to pay for it. I would have to replace the main PC board and the diaphragm control block again. Should I just go and buy a K30D or fix this again? How much could it cost?

Thanks in advance
--
Richard M.

Waynes World's gear list:Waynes World's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +1 more
Pentax K200D Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Broken Hill
Regular MemberPosts: 186Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax K200D Problem - 3rd time
In reply to Waynes World, Jun 28, 2012

Hi Waynes World,

I've got a K200D and it's used regularly so i'm sorry to hear of your problems. Whilst it's frustrating that you've had the camera fail twice, both times it's been fixed. Pentax also extended the guarantee on the second occasion, a great gesture on their part. Your choice is to decide if you want to continue with the use of your existing camera or buy another. That leaves either a choice of a used K200D, or a K30. Personally i would buy another K200D but that would be my choice.

Thanks
Broken Hill

Broken Hill's gear list:Broken Hill's gear list
Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cideway
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,694Gear list
Like?
In reply to Waynes World, Jun 29, 2012

The K30 will be a better camera in every way. If you have the money go for it.
--
Chris.

A weather sealed ultra wide, is that too much to ask?

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/chriside

GMT +9.5

Pentax SLR talk FAQ
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=23161072

Cideway's gear list:Cideway's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
LFLee
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
In reply to Waynes World, Jun 29, 2012

I would say depends on the cost of repair....
The K200 has CCD sensor, which is hard to find now.

Buy the K30 but fix the K200 (if it is not too costly) and keep it as backup. I still can't sell my K200 after I bought the K5, the colors of CCD is different.

Lee

Waynes World
Regular MemberPosts: 370Gear list
Like?
K7 prices?
In reply to LFLee, Jun 29, 2012

I might just go for a K-7 if I can get one cheap. I don't like to spend alot of money on the body. What could I get a good used one for? $400?
--
Richard M.

Waynes World's gear list:Waynes World's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +1 more
Cideway
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,694Gear list
Like?
In reply to LFLee, Jun 30, 2012

LFLee wrote:

I would say depends on the cost of repair....
The K200 has CCD sensor, which is hard to find now.

Buy the K30 but fix the K200 (if it is not too costly) and keep it as backup. I still can't sell my K200 after I bought the K5, the colors of CCD is different.

Man will this myth please just die, there is no difference in how the sensors produce colour and look, the differences that people "see" are processing differences (and the filters in front of the sensors.) that can be replicated in your chosen image software.
--
Chris.

A weather sealed ultra wide, is that too much to ask?

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/chriside

GMT +9.5

Pentax SLR talk FAQ
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=23161072

Cideway's gear list:Cideway's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads