Seeking Advice - Panny P&S

Started Jun 15, 2012 | Discussions
carizi
carizi MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,167Gear list
Like?
Seeking Advice - Panny P&S
Jun 15, 2012

I've been looking at a few threads with postings from Panny P&S cams and some are very appealing.

Please let me know your thoughts on the newer 2011 and up models that you felt have delivered outstanding output as far as low light and macro type photography. I'm not looking for the perfect cam; but just a cam that can deliver images at high ISO (400 - 100).

I would appreciate your output kindly.

carizi's gear list:carizi's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
nemesix
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
Re: Seeking Advice - Panny P&S
In reply to carizi, Jun 15, 2012

I think you know my position on the FZ150 Very good for macro, better in low light than other P&S's, but I still use a flash for best results. The current price is a bit much though, and we are approaching Panasonic announcement season.
--
http://www.stevensobelphotography.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevensobel

nemesix's gear list:nemesix's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix A303 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,658Gear list
Like?
In reply to carizi, Jun 15, 2012

carizi wrote:

I've been looking at a few threads with postings from Panny P&S cams and some are very appealing.

Please let me know your thoughts on the newer 2011 and up models that you felt have delivered outstanding output as far as low light and macro type photography. I'm not looking for the perfect cam; but just a cam that can deliver images at high ISO (400 - 100).

I would appreciate your output kindly.

Why think in terms of Pannie alone ??? .. I'm not really sure just what kind of camera you are thinking of when speaking of "P&S type"... but I would most definitely include two very excellent pocket cameras in any list of "good buys"...the Oly XZ1 and the Canon S95 (I have both and can assure you of their high quality..AND of their complete ease of carry.. AND with the added extra features of full Modes on a Dial ...) .. they ARE P&S type.. and probably in most respects better than any of the Pannie models.

-- hide signature --

eric
Staffordshire, UK

carizi
carizi MOD
Like?
In reply to nemesix, Jun 15, 2012

FZ150 is too bulky for my purpose. I'm looking for a more discrete P&S. I hope Panasonic comes out with a few surprises. Thank you for the advice, Steve!

Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
carizi
carizi MOD
Like?
Eric
In reply to ericN2, Jun 15, 2012

Thank you for the info; I think I might have looked up the XZ1 some time ago but did not appeal to me. I will take a look at the Canon though; I posted for A Panny recommendation here cause it is a Panasonic forum; but if advice is offered about other brands I would always welcome that.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads