Orbs Schmorbs

Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions
wazbud
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
Orbs Schmorbs
Jun 14, 2012

What is going on!
The X10 is a brilliant little camera at a great price point.
In a small package it does things that we only dreamt of 20 years ago.

And now we are trying to reproduce an optical effect that even top of the range cameras commonly show, and that 90% of us would not have noticed without this negative fetish.
Get real! Enyoy!
--
wazbud

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,183
Like?
Re: Orbs Schmorbs
In reply to wazbud, Jun 14, 2012

You're only 7 months late mate, are people still talking about orbs then?

Paul
--

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,053Gear list
Like?

And now we are trying to reproduce an optical effect that even top of the range cameras commonly show, and that 90% of us would not have noticed without this negative fetish.

Top of the range camera? Apart from the Sigma SD9, a dslr from ten years ago, no single other camera exhibits the problem.

And 90% of us are blind, you think?

Get real, the problem is there, and has been aknowledged by Fuji. And you are a bit late, as many users already sent their camera for sensor replacement.

Why would we have to cope with this issue when Fuji replaces the sensor free of charge most of the time?

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +7 more
wazbud
Like?
In reply to photofan1986, Jun 14, 2012

Might I humbly suggest that the orbs issue is a forum created & fed non issue!

That Fuji has offered a corrective maybe says as much about a reaction to web generated pressure as it does about recognition of a real problem.

I have, up to now, enjoyed reading forums, both X100 & this one, but this X10 orbs issue is entirely negative, seemingly only justified by the possibility of a free upgrade.
--
wazbud

photofan1986
Like?

I have, up to now, enjoyed reading forums, both X100 & this one, but this X10 orbs issue is entirely negative, seemingly only justified by the possibility of a free upgrade.

Yet, the orbs is a non-issue...

After all that Fuji users went through, I'll consider you are here to troll, just for fun.

Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 +7 more
wazbud
Like?

Not true!
I previously had an X100, now an X10.
I mean all that I have said, it's not a "troll" or a joke.

This forum has become skewed against the X10, over some hard to reproduce "orbs" issue
--
wazbud

photofan1986
Like?

Well, rejoice, because if Fuji did its homework, people won't be complaining about orbs anymore in some time...thanks to our complaints! Because not a single professional review talked about the orbs. I think we may applaud ourselves for making Fuji react.

People with reactions like yours (denial) should not be allowed to upgrade their sensors.

John Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,956Gear list
Like?

Warwick Buddle wrote:

What is going on!
The X10 is a brilliant little camera at a great price point.
In a small package it does things that we only dreamt of 20 years ago.

Get real! Enyoy!

You don't know what you are talking about. If you weren't 6 months late to the issue, I might bother elaborating on why.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
wazbud
Like?
In reply to John Carson, Jun 14, 2012

You are right, why bother!
--
wazbud

danaceb
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?

eh i like it, namely because despite being a night owl; 90% of my shots are not orb bait.

Also I have M9 shots from the same, but thought the Leica wins in resolution and micro contrast; the Fuji wins in colour. Leica wins in aspect, I am not a fan of the old 'pro' standard; i prefer the 'new' 35mm.

danaceb's gear list:danaceb's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Leica M9 Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
PAUL TILL
Like?
In reply to danaceb, Jun 14, 2012

The second picture is quite nice if not for the weird colour, was the first one taken with your phone?

Paul.
--

danaceb
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
In reply to PAUL TILL, Jun 14, 2012

a few more generations and you will be there (aka, not a troll)

danaceb's gear list:danaceb's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Leica M9 Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
PAUL TILL
Like?
In reply to danaceb, Jun 14, 2012

So what phone was it? It can't be one of the newer ones as they produce much crisper pictures.

Paul.
--

Spiridakis Michael
Senior MemberPosts: 2,179
Like?

photofan1986 wrote:

Yet, the orbs is a non-issue...

Every time that I see this specific picture I wonder the same thing.... How ALIEN have to be a photographer when in a totally destroyed picture like this because of an endless exposure he is commending in orbs like the rest of the picture is OK...

After all that Fuji users went through, I'll consider you are here to troll, just for fun.

-- hide signature --
photofan1986
Like?
In reply to Spiridakis Michael, Jun 14, 2012

Listen man, that is not a photography, that is the first picture I took to check for the orbs. I put the camera on a tripod, I selected manual exposure, low iso (what you'd do to reduce noise), and I released the shutter. Result? Bang! Huge orbs!

Do I really need to search a great subject, be in the middle of the action to show that the camera has a big problem? NO! This simple test shows it. No need to be a piece of art when all I want to show is that the sensor is a piece of xhit!

Spiridakis Michael
Like?
photofan1986

photofan1986 wrote:

Listen man, that is not a photography, that is the first picture I took to check for the orbs. I put the camera on a tripod, I selected manual exposure, low iso (what you'd do to reduce noise), and I released the shutter. Result? Bang! Huge orbs!

Do I really need to search a great subject, be in the middle of the action to show that the camera has a big problem? NO! This simple test shows it. No need to be a piece of art when all I want to show is that the sensor is a piece of xhit!

Hey... I am not talking for the aesthetic or artistic side of the picture... I am just technically speaking - this is a totally destroyed picture just because of over exposure, the fact that you screw the camera on a tripod and manually setting it up does not cancel the limitations in exposure settings... the whole picture is just burned... and you are talking for the orbs...???

-- hide signature --
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,930Gear list
Like?
the brightest bulb in the pack

the sharpest tool in the shed
the elevator does go to the top
the wheels are not stuck in the sand
the oars are in the water

Which one of these is true?
Answer: none of them

ORBs are real. You are not.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
photofan1986
Like?
Re: photofan1986
In reply to Spiridakis Michael, Jun 14, 2012

Overexposure is intentional, as it accentuates the problem. With any other camera, the picture would simply be overexposed, and would not show huge orbs. That's it.

wymjym
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,192
Like?

This forum has become skewed against the X10, over some hard to reproduce "orbs" issue
--

please stick a sock in it!

get your butt over here in bright, bright texas and you'll find that you will avoid shooting certain scenes @ iso 100 if you 'hope' for them to be orb free.

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonfujiandricoh

Spiridakis Michael
Like?
Re: photofan1986

photofan1986 wrote:

Overexposure is intentional, as it accentuates the problem. With any other camera, the picture would simply be overexposed, and would not show huge orbs. That's it.

Obviously you make the same mistake like some other specific persons in this forum...

You intentionally insists to drive a Ferrari F12berlinetta outside the highway in the farmlands in order to prove that you can break the tires....

We believe you... YES YOU CAN... LOL

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads