:-)) Sunday Cat! 10th June 2012 ((-:

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions
warriormouse
Senior MemberPosts: 1,697
Like?
:-)) Sunday Cat! 10th June 2012 ((-:
Jun 10, 2012

Gidday All,

Welcome to the Sunday Cat!, brought to you from around the world by the loyal team of regulars every Sunday since Anton AK first started the thread on 23 Sept 2007 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=24936918 and so faithfully continued by John King from 10 August 2008 http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&message=28908884

Thank you for joining us

Photos can be more than just art, they can be memories, so come share your picture and stories of your feline companions with us

Come one, come all; all cats and cameras welcome. Add your favourite cat shot to the collection. No time limits, taken any time, any place, any camera.

We have had cool cats and hot cats; Canonical cats and Olympian cats; African cats and American cats. There have been Meerkats and mere cats; moggies and high class cats; almost cats and some that I suspect were not really cats at all like that ring-tailed cat that was lost inside cats and OUTSIDE cats; BIG cats and little cats.

An image courtesy of JolieO in memory of milsooper who's probably hard at work in a different part of the country right now...

Anyone caught peeping at the EXIF data for camera makes and models will be given a flogging with a cat-of-nine-tails ...

AND BTW folks:

The Sunday Cat! will (mostly) start when it is still Saturday in the rest of the world, Auckland being GMT +12 hours ... So it is still only around noon "last" Saturday in Hawaii (just for example ... ).

With the only preferred rule being no criticism , of course it's OK to give constructively if the poster specifically asks for it; otherwise the above-mentioned rule applies... It's OK to mention what camera and lens you took the shot with... if you like.

Love the Cat! thread... Like our beloved companion animals, an opportunity for a romp in the sun, and also to remember those who have so affectionately touched us.

LAST WEEK'S THREAD LINK:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1022&thread=41682376

The weekly news ... _

exams start next week. dusty hasn't been getting as much attention this week as normal - which is strange to him since i have been home more than usual! he is starting to act up, for the first time in years, he will demand attention!

A special thanks to all lately who don't even have cats of their own but have found "street cat" to share with us your effort is appreciated

robert j
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,560
Like?
Kittens 10 weeks
In reply to warriormouse, Jun 10, 2012

Playing a game of roller ball.

Blaze

Pandy and Allie

Pandy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
warriormouse
Like?
did anyone else see dusty on tv the other night?

Charles Baxter
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Mittens

Mittens as a kitten , and now, just de-clawed.

Charles Baxter's gear list:Charles Baxter's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
warriormouse
Like?
Re: Kittens 10 weeks
In reply to robert j, Jun 10, 2012

robert j wrote:

Playing a game of roller ball.

hi Robert, how are you this week?
what a cool toy!!!! where did you find it?

Blaze
Pandy and Allie
Pandy

so much fun! so cute, and such fine details showing up in your shots! gorgeous!!!!

how do you ever find the time to post these online! now a small part of me wonders if i should get dusty a little play mate!

dare I ask how many hundred photos you have taken of these wee guys and girls? (if it was me it would be in the thousands now i am sure! i have no self control - just click click click!)

thanks so much for sharing Robert, I hope/trust all is well in your corner of the world

warriormouse
Like?
Re: Mittens
In reply to Charles Baxter, Jun 10, 2012

Charles Baxter wrote:

Mittens as a kitten , and now, just de-clawed.

ohh so cute!!!! pics that will last a life time! I wish wish wish I had spent more effort/time to get better kitten shots of dusty when he was small !

are the red socks part of the de-clawing process? dusty seems to have his own process in place, where he will leave the claw shells where-ever he expects i'll be able to step on them when carrying something hot!

robert j
Like?
Re: did anyone else see dusty on tv the other night?

No! I bet he could be a movie star. He would play lead cat in some rich person house.

robert j
Like?

The wife and daughter got it at Wal-Mart, not sure if you have them where you are. I don't take many shots but I do get rid of about 50% of them.

Coldamus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,409
Like?
Making the most of the winter sun

It is winter here now, so the window seat is very popular with the cats as soon as the sun appears.

First, Cleopatra during a sunny break between rain showers. I should have used fill flash but didn't want to annoy her any further. As you can see, she's already showing her disdain for the paparazzi.

Next a rare moment of harmony between Bindi (right) and her brother Meggsy. Some aggression usually surfaces within a few minutes but once I settle them down again, they sometimes stay together peacefully for the rest of the day.

Coldamus
Like?

Dusty would be a natural for cat food commercials. He is a spectacular looking cat.

Coldamus
Like?

That looks like a fun game for the kittens.

Thanks for your photos each week. It has been a pleasant and interesting experience to follow the kittens' progress.

Rich Z
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,154Gear list
Like?
Old Girl

She and I have been together for over fourteen years. She's getting old. Still, she turns red every Spring, and keeps the color through The Fall. This shot caught in the evening light which accentuates her red color.

She is jet black the rest of the year. I almost lost her last Winter, as her appetite drops off and she refuses to be indoors. So, I spoon feed her outdoors in the rain and we both get wet. She doesn't seem to mind, but I get stiff and sore. What else would your do for a friend? I will really hate to see her go. Rich
E5, ZD 150 f/2, wide open, ISO 640, 1/500.

Last Fall before youth had abandoned her.
E5, ZD 150 f/2, wide open, ISO 500, 1/400.

Fall of 2007, she liked to sleep on my Celica.
E330, ZD 50-200, 147mm, IS0 1250, 1/160, f3.5.

Sitting on the post on my porch. The angle I shot at made for an unusual picture.
E330, ZD 14-54, 14mm, ISO 320, 1/50, f/4.

http://photobucket.com/dfr49_pix

wayne collier
Senior MemberPosts: 1,182Gear list
Like?
Last Sunday evening

Things can change in a hurry.

Eddie, Buster, Anna and I set out on a little walk last Sunday just as darkness began to fall. We crossed the creek, the cats sniffed their way through the woods and we returned.

I was in the lead when a man and his dog approached. He explained that he had seen one of the cats kill one of the many Mallard ducklings that populate the creek. Consequently, he said that he was going to kill all of the cats.

Without detailing that episode any further, upon my return, my wife and I tried to coax these three cats and Gracie into the house. This was accomplished by early next morning.

And so it has been ever since - four cats indoors until we can figure out how best to address the situation. Three of them want to go out, but Buster has proven quite adaptable.

They are such goods cats and don't deserve this. The photos represent their last taste of freedom.
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?

No, but you got me to look at this! Dusty has aspirations.
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?

So much fun! These kittens are so fortunate - as are we to follow their growth in pictures - Thanks!
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?
Re: Mittens
In reply to Charles Baxter, Jun 10, 2012

Mittens seems to be adapting well - and was a cute kitten!
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?
Re: Making the most of the winter sun
In reply to Coldamus, Jun 10, 2012

Outstanding shots - you were also able to capture an exposure of the view through the windows!
--
Wayne Collier

wayne collier
Like?
Re: Old Girl
In reply to Rich Z, Jun 10, 2012

Excellent shots of a great cat - the last in particular was no mean feat!
--
Wayne Collier

Coldamus
Like?
Re: Old Girl
In reply to Rich Z, Jun 10, 2012

She is still an attractive cat and obviously a faithful one. I hope she will be with you for some more years yet.

photophile
Forum ProPosts: 12,877Gear list
Like?
Return of the Shadow..

I still see him through the kitchen window....occasionally. Just a matter of being able to grab a camera in time...

-- hide signature --

AH

photophile's gear list:photophile's gear list
Olympus Stylus 840 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-750 UZ Olympus E-500 Olympus E-510 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads