OMD Black VS Silver

Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions
hishouken
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Re: Black does Look better with grip
In reply to Don Erway, Jun 14, 2012

I have a Black Pany LX3, then a silver NEX and now its back to black for the OM-D for me. No white or pink please.

hishouken's gear list:hishouken's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digifan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,167
Like?
Re: I bought the silver one ...
In reply to MMitchellorg, Jun 14, 2012

but I decided that I will replace my E-5 next year with a black version of the E-M5.
I have good hope there will be new fast lenses next year

-- hide signature --

Digifan

Gary Stallones
Senior MemberPosts: 1,303
Like?
Re: Oh Please!

Why is everyone buying into this conclusion that you are invisible if you carry around a black body (with a silver lens attached) and yet a silver body (which only the top and bottom of the camera are actually silver) you stand out and everyone notices that you are carrying a camera?????

-- hide signature --

'Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. '

• Ansel Adams

arief poerniawan
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
Re: OMD Black VS Silver

lokks like you have the same problem as me at first, but then i decided to take the black version. speaking the truth the silver version is look prettier then the black as it may look more classic, but then i compare it in the simulation at fourthird.org, i find the combination of black EM5 and the HLD 6 (vertical grip) that only available at black color, i find it combination of black camera and black VG is better, even if combine both of the with the silver lens like 45mm f1.8 or 12mm f2. i have mind black EM 5 and brown caramel strap from Zkin, look pretty too and i have them both

arief poerniawan's gear list:arief poerniawan's gear list
Olympus E-M1
panolympus
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
In reply to arief poerniawan, Apr 3, 2013

The black camera is better for street. Nothing shines more than silver, a dead giveaway when trying to get candid shots. The black camera takes better pictures because it harbors stealth technology

steven168z
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
In reply to panolympus, Apr 3, 2013

both are good.

it is up to the person who using it.

steven168z's gear list:steven168z's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Laryb
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
In reply to steven168z, Apr 3, 2013

Silver for me. The body stayed quite cool walking the Vegas strip last week. Every so often I'd check placing my hand on body then the 12-50 which is black. Quite a difference.

Laryb's gear list:Laryb's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,997Gear list
Like?
In reply to panolympus, Apr 3, 2013

panolympus wrote:

The black camera is better for street. Nothing shines more than silver, a dead giveaway when trying to get candid shots. The black camera takes better pictures because it harbors stealth technology

I don't buy it.   The act of shooting is the attraction to the action, in my experience.

The interest in what camera is dangling from the strap goes to the silver because it appears to be more classic and film-like than the black, though I've been queried about the black body as well when MF legacy glass has been mounted.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Pierrrrrrre
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
In reply to Bob Tullis, May 8, 2013

I am considering buying this camera, but hesitates on what body to pick.

I live in a very humid and hot country, so I sweat easily when holding the camera.

I quickly tried a black one, and I liked the feeling of the material used on the body. Did anyone tried both (black and silver bodies) and could tell me how's the feeling of the silver one compared to the black one?

I like the silver look (reminds me of my dad's old SLRs), but the black material on it looks like plastic, so I'm afraid it would be covered with sweat (and therefore slippery) after an hour of use...?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads