Canon EOS 60D battery charging via USB?

Started Jun 8, 2012 | Discussions
rgsverma
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
Canon EOS 60D battery charging via USB?
Jun 8, 2012

Is it possible to charge the battery via USB. I got my charger damaged due to high power fluctuations. New charger from vendor will take 15 days or more. So, can I charge my 60D battery via USB route in the meantime. Otherwise, I will have to buy a third party, non-conforming type of charger, which will also be redundant when the original supply comes in.

Kindly suggest?

-- hide signature --

RGS Verma

rgsverma's gear list:rgsverma's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D300 Canon EOS 60D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Pastynator
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?
Re: Canon EOS 60D battery charging via USB?
In reply to rgsverma, Jun 8, 2012

In short, no. Sorry.

If you really need the cam you'll have to get the 3rd party i guess.

It won't be redundant because it can be a backup in situations like this, or even be used to charge 2 batteries at the same time in tight situations when you don't have much down-time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 4,728Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon EOS 60D battery charging via USB?
In reply to rgsverma, Jun 8, 2012

I don't know where you live, but, Amazon shows most vendors here in the US have the genuine Canon charger in stock.

Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Canon LP-E6 is a 3rd party charger that adds an automotive power adapter, so at least when you were done that would be an added capability.

rgsverma wrote:

Is it possible to charge the battery via USB. I got my charger damaged due to high power fluctuations. New charger from vendor will take 15 days or more. So, can I charge my 60D battery via USB route in the meantime. Otherwise, I will have to buy a third party, non-conforming type of charger, which will also be redundant when the original supply comes in.

Kindly suggest?

-- hide signature --

RGS Verma

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads