4 K´s in a row

Started Jun 7, 2012 | Discussions
asahi man
Regular MemberPosts: 432
Like?
4 K´s in a row
Jun 7, 2012

Yes,the new fact is 4 Bodys this year to see on Photokina.
3 of them are in sale this year.
One is known as K-30.
A couple of lenses and other stuff,too.
So,we will see a wonderfull Show in September.
Best regards

Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Tan68
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,027Gear list
Like?
Re: 4 K´s in a row
In reply to asahi man, Jun 7, 2012

oh, mercy. i figure you won't provide much (if any) additional information. the fourth K could be a Q or a K-1 follow-up. but why would these be important enough to preview at the show but sell next year. wouldn't this cause a drop in sales of the current models?

if they would not show a preview of these two (for fear of costing sales), what would they want to preview at the big show in September..? a replacement to the 645D or.. the thing that must not be mentioned.. :o

of course, i figure two of the K's will be any entry level camera and a replacement for the K5.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
loock
Regular MemberPosts: 319
Like?
In reply to Tan68, Jun 7, 2012

If we ignore the non-DSLR K-01, there is room even for five :
K- entry level
K - 30
K - 3
K - 1 FF35
645D - 60 MP

asahi man
Like?
In reply to loock, Jun 7, 2012

loock wrote:

K- entry level
K - 30
K - 3
K - 1 FF35
645D - 60 MP

K-low
K-30
K-5 better
K-5 Class but higher Grade
NO 35mm
645 replacement? Who knows

brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,471
Like?

asahi man wrote:

loock wrote:

K- entry level
K - 30
K - 3
K - 1 FF35
645D - 60 MP

K-low
K-30
K-5 better

That's exciting.

K-5 Class but higher Grade

That's even more exciting and will be worth the wait for me. ~ Ron

NO 35mm
645 replacement? Who knows

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 765Gear list
Like?

oh mannnnn............here we go again !!! Lol

While we have no proof of all this, Ricoh's stated desire for Pentax, the K-01 and K-30 announcements means that the machine is finally and expectedly rolling into action. Looking forward to the next installment of leaked information from Amazon or similar.

Nikon is throwing down the gauntlet with D3200, D800, D600 etc. I suspect that with use of Sony sensors, that Pentax wont enter the megapixel race unless they can provide improved IQ on the already wonderful 16mp sensor presently used.

It would seem the D3200 wont' match the K30 and the A77 still cant match the K5 for pure stills imaging. I hope they follow the desire to keep producing real stills photographers cameras with the highest IQ. It seems to match the Pentax Ricoh persona.

Now can we have the flashes, battery packs and assorted gear to match???

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,300Gear list
Like?
My K20D needs a replacement sooner than later !
In reply to robbo d, Jun 8, 2012

I would certainly like a K-5 replacement or a higher spec camera than the K-5.... my K20D is beginning the show it's age... he hits 2 trees in it's life and with some duct tapes he managed to still work
--
Leopold
Pentax forever
http://smarcoux.zenfolio.com/
http://www.limagier-photo.com/
http://www.firstlight.com/galleries.php
http://steevemarcoux2.wordpress.com/

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
Re: 4 K´s in a row, personally...
In reply to asahi man, Jun 8, 2012

I think that the K-O1 and the K-30 are already known and replace the embarassing Q, and K-r respectively. I believe that the K-3 will be the replacement for the K-5 and that the K-1 would be their 1st FF DSLR. Personally I'm not interested in either the sucessor to the K-5 or a potential FF DSLR by Pentax. Nice improvements in the K-5's video mode like; full-time autofocus, H264 recording format, adjustable audio level, multiple frame rates to select from, are not enough for me to fork out anothr $1,500 on a pretty impressive K-5 and a $1,000 K-7 that I both own, and I've fired around 15,000 shots with each body. Not to mention, I also have the $250 D-BG4 Grip that's compatible with both of these bodies and the controls on both camera bodies are identical--very useful. It's going to be very hard to improve on the K-5's IQ considering many other manufacutres have yet to come close. It must be pretty hard to trumph if Nikon nor Canon haven't been able to do it in almost 2-years, right? WHAT, I am very interested in is the Pentax lens roadmap that depicts a new DA* 17-85mm lens in 2013. That would be an awesome lens to have for my backpacking needs. On my last Mountaineerng trip, my DA* 50-135 f2.8 got left behind do to space and weight limitations and I only brought my DA* 16-50 f2.8 and my DA 12-24 f4 lenses. Can Pentax produce such a DA* lens in a fixed aperture format, say f4? So far every DA* lens they've produced have been held to this professional standard. Oh, and it has to be a KAF2 mount. Auto-focus redundancy is a huge concern if your SDM focusing system fails in the field, especially where I go. Why they produced the DA 17-70 f4 and the DA* 55 f1.4 in KAF3 mounts with SDM-only, I'll never know. I just know that I'll never buy a lens in that mount given the known failure issues with the SDM lenses.

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
belnan
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?

16 mp low
16 mp mid k30
24 mp K5 replacement
24 mp FF

belnan's gear list:belnan's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +2 more
asahi man
Like?
In reply to belnan, Jun 8, 2012

belnan wrote:

16 mp low
16 mp mid k30
24 mp K5 replacement
24 mp FF

Nope

DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 10,928Gear list
Like?

Assuming K mount camera bodies:
Low end lets call it K300 (16 MP) by Christmas
Mid range K30 (16 MP) already announced
Enthusiast range, K5n (16 MP) announced in Sept.
Pro-level, K3

Then maybe a updated Q with an optional EVF and better sensor. The 1" Sony sensor will put the Q equal to the Nikon System 1.

FF would be nice but I will take Pentax at its word that it is not in the works.

Updated 645D might be announced, but is there a new MF sensor for it.

Dave
--

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
GordonBGood
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,270
Like?
In reply to DLBlack, Jun 8, 2012

DLBlack wrote:

Then maybe a updated Q with an optional EVF and better sensor. The 1" Sony sensor will put the Q equal to the Nikon System 1.

Come now, Dave, we know that the larger sensor 'Q' upgrade isn't going to happen as that would make the whole 'Q' line-up of lenses orphans wouldn't it?

Regards, GordonBGood

ET2
ET2
Senior MemberPosts: 3,741Gear list
Like?

asahi man wrote:

One is known as K-30.

K01 is on sale
K30 is on sale.

Two left.
K-5 replacement third ...

And fourth .. who cares if it's not on sale this year?

Joe Bowers
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
In reply to robbo d, Jun 8, 2012

D3200 image quality is horrendous. Just .... awful. Of course, it's cheap, so you're getting what you pay for.

The K-5 has the best IQ of any APS-C and better than some full frames (but without the DOF advantages of FF). Pentax has always offered a better camera at a lower price than the big boys. If Pentax does make an FF I will be all over it. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to reading about the D600.

Sony tried to make an affordable FF line with it's a850 and a900, but they are pretty terrible. I owned an a850 for over a year. The image quality is fantastic, due to the great Sony sensor, but the overall camera is just riddled with problems and inconveniences. I've learned to stay away from Sony bodies, but buy Sony sensors in other companies' bodies.

ET2
ET2
Senior MemberPosts: 3,741Gear list
Like?
In reply to Joe Bowers, Jun 8, 2012

Joe Bowers wrote:

D3200 image quality is horrendous. Just .... awful. Of course, it's cheap, so you're getting what you pay for.

Funny D3200 scored 81 points on dxomark, just one point lower than K-5

solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,750Gear list
Like?

I'll hazard a guess

That the top end has more megapixels. I'm not sure what it can do to top K-5 replacement otherwise, but I'd like to see a flex position screen.

K-5 replacement will stay the same at 16MP, but better video, focus peaking etc. I imagine it'll have everything k-30 has but in spades. possibly an even better second generation sensor? Is that even possible in such a short time?

asahi man wrote:

belnan wrote:

16 mp low
16 mp mid k30
24 mp K5 replacement
24 mp FF

Nope

-- hide signature --

At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell

“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

Qwntm
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,421Gear list
Like?
In reply to Joe Bowers, Jun 8, 2012

Joe Bowers wrote:

Aint that the truth!

The K-5 has the best IQ of any APS-C and better than some full frames (but without the DOF advantages of FF). Pentax has always offered a better camera at a lower price than the big boys. If Pentax does make an FF I will be all over it. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to reading about the D600.

FF is just not what it's cracked up to be. At least it wasn't for me. If Pentax does one, I'd probably get one because you know they'll do it right, but if not, my experiences with Nikon D700's and Canon 5D2's are enough to make me sure I'm not going to lose any sleep over it!

Sony tried to make an affordable FF line with it's a850 and a900, but they are pretty terrible. I owned an a850 for over a year. The image quality is fantastic, due to the great Sony sensor, but the overall camera is just riddled with problems and inconveniences. I've learned to stay away from Sony bodies, but buy Sony sensors in other companies' bodies.

Number 1 reason I'm staying away from a Nex 7 no matter how tempting!

Qwntm's gear list:Qwntm's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-E2 +14 more
Qwntm
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,421Gear list
Like?
Re: 4 K´s in a row, personally...
In reply to hikenhi, Jun 8, 2012

hikenhi wrote:

I think that the K-O1 and the K-30 are already known and replace the embarassing Q, and K-r respectively. I believe that the K-3 will be the replacement for the K-5 and that the K-1 would be their 1st FF DSLR. Personally I'm not interested in either the sucessor to the K-5 or a potential FF DSLR by Pentax. Nice improvements in the K-5's video mode like; full-time autofocus, H264 recording format, adjustable audio level, multiple frame rates to select from, are not enough for me to fork out anothr $1,500 on a pretty impressive K-5 and a $1,000 K-7 that I both own, and I've fired around 15,000 shots with each body. Not to mention, I also have the $250 D-BG4 Grip that's compatible with both of these bodies and the controls on both camera bodies are identical--very useful. It's going to be very hard to improve on the K-5's IQ considering many other manufacutres have yet to come close. It must be pretty hard to trumph if Nikon nor Canon haven't been able to do it in almost 2-years, right? WHAT, I am very interested in is the Pentax lens roadmap that depicts a new DA* 17-85mm lens in 2013. That would be an awesome lens to have for my backpacking needs. On my last Mountaineerng trip, my DA* 50-135 f2.8 got left behind do to space and weight limitations and I only brought my DA* 16-50 f2.8 and my DA 12-24 f4 lenses. Can Pentax produce such a DA* lens in a fixed aperture format, say f4? So far every DA* lens they've produced have been held to this professional standard. Oh, and it has to be a KAF2 mount. Auto-focus redundancy is a huge concern if your SDM focusing system fails in the field, especially where I go. Why they produced the DA 17-70 f4 and the DA* 55 f1.4 in KAF3 mounts with SDM-only, I'll never know. I just know that I'll never buy a lens in that mount given the known failure issues with the SDM lenses.

Doesn't the SDM lenses still focus manually if the SDM fails?

Qwntm's gear list:Qwntm's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-E2 +14 more
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,750Gear list
Like?
In reply to ET2, Jun 8, 2012

AFAIK, K-30 is on order only, not on sale. Still not released.

where do you make this stuff up?

ET2 wrote:

asahi man wrote:

One is known as K-30.

K01 is on sale
K30 is on sale.

Two left.
K-5 replacement third ...

And fourth .. who cares if it's not on sale this year?

-- hide signature --

At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell

“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
Re: 4 K´s in a row, personally...I did say"...
In reply to Qwntm, Jun 8, 2012

I did say redundancy in the "auto"focus, didn't I? SDM fails, screw-drive prevails. I experienced it personally on a bad copy of a DA* 16-50 f2.8 after 3 weeks of ownership. I got a brand new one from the factory. Haven't had any issues with it in almost 2 years.

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads