Summer fun

Started Jun 3, 2012 | Discussions
vickylou
Contributing MemberPosts: 591Gear list
Like?
Summer fun
Jun 3, 2012

Just a novice posting a couple of photos of my darling 3 year old enjoying the summer season. Any C&C welcome.

vickylou's gear list:vickylou's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Canon EOS 60D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro
Kweide
Senior MemberPosts: 1,682Gear list
Like?
Re: Summer fun
In reply to vickylou, Jun 3, 2012

Sweet candids. N°1 is best in my opinion.....but keep them all !

see more of my work on http://www.klaweide.de ( some NSFW )

Kweide's gear list:Kweide's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,280Gear list
Like?
In reply to vickylou, Jun 3, 2012

I like the two last ones best, because in those, you are on level with your son.

Very few people realise how important eye level is for our perception of the model.

Seen from a photographic POV these are just happy snaps, but since they are technically ok and conveying a sense of relaxed summer days, they are bound to be happy memories for you and your son.
--
Less is more

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
vickylou
Contributing MemberPosts: 591Gear list
Like?
In reply to Klaus dk, Jun 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. Any advice you can give me to help me improve is very much appreciated.

vickylou's gear list:vickylou's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Canon EOS 60D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,280Gear list
Like?
In reply to vickylou, Jun 4, 2012

vickylou wrote:

Thank you very much for your comments. Any advice you can give me to help me improve is very much appreciated.

I can't give you any better advice than this guy can, his family pictures are awsome:
http://www.thefamilyphotojournalist.blogspot.dk/

-- hide signature --

Less is more

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Turbo Hampster
Contributing MemberPosts: 516Gear list
Like?
In reply to Klaus dk, Jun 4, 2012

My only comment would be try getting lower as you are always shooting from above the child.

If you look at a'lot of great child photographers you will see in that a'lot of the time their pictures are shot @ the eye level or lower of the child.

Try it and see if you like the results

Turbo Hampster's gear list:Turbo Hampster's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
lnguyenh
Contributing MemberPosts: 685
Like?
In reply to Turbo Hampster, Jun 5, 2012

Maybe try to be more selective in the shots you show. In one set of shots, even though it is hard as a father cause all have value to you, I, as a viewer, usually prefer to not have to see the whole set, but just the one you think is the best, especially if the composition is exactly the same among shots.

Nice snapshots for memories. They are not "editorial" but it might not be your goal.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads