**** This Week Through Your M43 June 2, 2012 ****

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,904Gear list
Like?
**** This Week Through Your M43 June 2, 2012 ****
Jun 2, 2012

M43 Onion News

Fassbinder, the great filmmaker genius, apparently had a crystal ball into the future. His estate has just announced the release of The Marriage of Micro Four Thirds . This film is set towards the end of the (D)SLR era of photography, where photographers tired of aching backs discover the merits of technological change and miniaturization of digital technology.

This story follows a photographer, once a 35mm film shooter, who moves to the M43 format after years of being married to CaNikon gear. With her successes in the studio and in the field, she decides to enter the realm of internet photography forums. . Despite the ever growing lens lineup for the M43 format, the new (panny?) sensors, immense success, weather sealing, and fast autofocus is not enough to satisfy the community. So while forum dwellers preorder, shoot test charts, and pull 4-stops of shadows with ease, the marriage to the format has left many unhappy and dissatisfied. Thus the dwellers ask for more. They wish that Fuji, Sony, and of course Canon join the marriage of Micro Four Thirds. But they have forgotten the children...

The golden girl, 12-35

The unnoticed, somewhat normal Sigma 19

Maria Braun

Instructions:

1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE.

2. Older photos are fine. Please tell us about how you captured the image.

3. Please reply to at least one other thread.

Thank you for your participation!
--
SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Jmcvw
Junior MemberPosts: 46Gear list
Like?
Re: **** This Week Through Your M43 June 2, 2012 ****
In reply to SLOtographer, Jun 2, 2012

Woo! m43-weekly-extravaganza time! Failed to contribute for about 3 weeks now, so my shots aren't all from this week, but hey, this forum is full of nice people right? O_o

As before, still learning the ins and outs of my lil' G3, shooting mainly in B&W. By now I've added some light PP in LR4 though, mainly messing around with sliders Anyway, as always: all C&C is welcome and I'm looking forward to the great photographs this thread has now become famous/notorious for.

Cheers, Ries

Jmcvw's gear list:Jmcvw's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jh404
Regular MemberPosts: 488
Like?
Wedding ..

Just a couple of shots from my sister-in-law's wedding a couple of days ago. C&C Welcome!

-- hide signature --
Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 8,731Gear list
Like?
Return to the fold with some street shots...

I've been away from this weekly thread since March I guess, aside from checking in on Stan's ongoing brilliant humor and dropping the very occasional comment. Spent April in NYC and posted a couple of separate threads from that, and haven't done a lot of shooting since I've been home - an intensive month of shooting a LOT, pretty much every day, left me needing a bit of downtime to deal with all of those images before starting on anything new. But Friday night our small town had the first of its several spring/summer/fall street fairs and I walked up and shot a bit. Shot with both the EM5 and X-Pro 1, which are my two "big boy" cameras now (still have a couple of compacts in reserve). These are all from the EM5, with a combination of the 12mm and 45mm. Don't know if I'll keep up every week like I used to, but I hope to be around when I have something...

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

jh404
Like?
In reply to Jmcvw, Jun 2, 2012

The last one moves me. Personally, I would prefer a tighter crop, probably around 4x5. But that has more to do with personal preference than anything with your presentation. Nice work!

-- hide signature --
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,465Gear list
Like?

Some good images here

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
jh404
Like?
Re: Return to the fold with some street shots...
In reply to Ray Sachs, Jun 2, 2012

Glad to see you back and shooting, Ray! I've always envy your vision

I like your presentation with a square crop quite a bit. Below are the most engaging for me:

Ray Sachs wrote:

-Ray

-- hide signature --
Lars Juhl Jensen
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Green scenery in the city

Thanks to too much work and miserable weather, I have little to report this week. But in between the rain showers, I did manage to enjoy the lush green scenery of Frederiksberg Park. I do feel lucky to live in a city, where you can have views like this a few minutes walk from where I live:

Lars Juhl Jensen's gear list:Lars Juhl Jensen's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +9 more
Lars Juhl Jensen
Like?

Great stuff - I especially like #4.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +9 more
Ray Sachs
Like?

Interesting set. I'm not a big fan of flower and leaf types of shots, but I like the approach you take here. First, using monochrome for so many and using it well. And I'm pretty taken with the dappled leaf and sunlight shots, both the positive shot through to the sunlight, and the negative (shadow). And several of the compositions really held my eye too. Nice work...

-Ray

Ray Sachs
Like?
Re: Wedding ..
In reply to jh404, Jun 2, 2012

Were you the wedding photographer or just along with your camera and the freedom to shoot whatever? I'm guessing the second, but these two could be from the official photographer too. I love the first one - so many would just shoot the head and shoulders shot but this shot of the hands is so much more subtly evocative. A really nice feeling to this shot and one I think the couple should cherish for a long time...

The second one is less touching but also very nice and would go nicely in any wedding album. Nice job - I wouldn't have a clue where to start at an event like this...

-Ray

Ray Sachs
Like?
Re: Green scenery in the city
In reply to Lars Juhl Jensen, Jun 2, 2012

Very serene. The only giveaway that it might be urban is the very uniform nature of the water's edge - other than that could be anywhere. I think urban open spaces are some of the most interesting "natural areas" because they're so important to the sanity of those in urban areas, they're generally so well thought out and planned, but often do such a great job of making you imagine you're out in the middle of nowhere.

-Ray

µJoe
Regular MemberPosts: 404Gear list
Like?
Goodguys Classic Car Show - Guess the Car

I figure everyone has seen a ton of '57 Chevy's and '69 Camaros etc so I'm opting here for some close-up and misc shots. All with EM5 + 14-42 and 9-18.

Speaking of those cars...

69 Indy Pace Car

Nice old red Ford

Some dramatic tone...

Hood ornament and Nashville skyline icon 'bat' building in the background (hazy, rainy, horrible day).

Some of the old cars were big as boats. This one was huge.

General Lee in front of TN Titans LP Field.

guess the car. first one is easy:

more rare..

I'd never seen or heard of this car. This logo was on the steering wheel column and the front grill. If you know what car this is you are older than me

PS: Love the blue color of 50s-60s cars

Thanks for looking.
--
µJoe
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joey_m43

µJoe's gear list:µJoe's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
µJoe
Like?

Some great perspective going on in those shots Ries. Very nice.

-- hide signature --
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
µJoe
Like?
Re: Wedding ..
In reply to jh404, Jun 2, 2012

Wonderful shots Jonathan. Gives me some ideas for one I'll be attending soon...

-- hide signature --
µJoe
Like?

Great series Ray. Love your b+w treatment/processing. Really like the one with the guy in the 'blues' shirt. Thought you were in Memphis for a minute there.

-- hide signature --
µJoe
Like?
Re: Green scenery in the city
In reply to Lars Juhl Jensen, Jun 2, 2012

Nice peaceful shot Lars. I like the framing of the trees on either side.

-- hide signature --
Lars Juhl Jensen
Like?
Re: Goodguys Classic Car Show - Guess the Car
In reply to µJoe, Jun 2, 2012

Awesome shots - they make me wish I'd been there

LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,659Gear list
Like?

Welcome back Ray.
These are my favorites from the group:

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Agitprop
Regular MemberPosts: 314
Like?
Re: Goodguys Classic Car Show - Guess the Car
In reply to µJoe, Jun 2, 2012

Oldsmobile Rocket 88

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads