Fuji S2 pro

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions
Tee1up
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Fuji S2 pro
Jun 2, 2012

I am a bit short on cash right now and my last camera died so I have been using an old S2 Pro a friend borrowed me for the last few months and really hating it, especially focus and color issues. I dug into the archives here and after a couple weeks of note taking and testing I am really getting this old bird to perform.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to these forums.
They really do make a difference.

Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mark Carr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,958
Like?
Re: Fuji S2 pro
In reply to Tee1up, Jun 2, 2012

It's still a great camera, glad you're having fun with it. We'd love to see some of the pics you're taking with it.

Regards,

Mark

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Colin Hartley
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
In reply to Mark Carr, Jun 2, 2012

...aye, seconded - and welcome to the friendly (as opposed to fiendly corner of DPReview!)
--
Cheers,

Col.

Bad Pic kev
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,759Gear list
Like?
In reply to Tee1up, Jun 3, 2012

almost sounds like the x1 pro for a moment
--
I have a picture,
pinned to my wall.
An image of you and of me and we're laughing and loving it all.

Bad Pic kev's gear list:Bad Pic kev's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
boinkphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 908Gear list
Like?
In reply to Tee1up, Jun 3, 2012

Yeah, I was just looking at S2 photos I took yesterday and was surprised just how well they continue to hold up...

-- hide signature --
Tee1up
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
In reply to boinkphoto, Jun 3, 2012

I was actually ready to move on and then I did a search on 500px for 'fuji s2 pro' and had a chance to see what the camera was really capable of. Those images inspired me to start digging through the archives here at DP. Right now I am experimenting to get my autofocus settings and technique down. Below is an example I took yesterday, very shallow depth of field and as you can see, I am still not quite there.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads