Which is the most stunning lens for a Canon camera?

Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions
Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,749Gear list
Like?
Re: Which is the most stunning lens for a Canon camera?
In reply to Powerdoc, Jun 3, 2012

Well, using the criterion that (for the sake of argument) you are only allowed to have this one lens, the 24-105L.

You can shoot landscape, a wedding, a running race, general family shots and about 90% of your photos with it.

After that 17-40 L

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list:Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,265Gear list
Like?
In reply to mlewan, Jun 3, 2012

200 F2

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Powerdoc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,876Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, Jun 3, 2012

In this case, why not the 28-300 L ? or may be just a 35 L .

In fact, there is no interest to have a great DSLR camera, if you use only one lens.
--
It's all about photography

Powerdoc's gear list:Powerdoc's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-P1 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 +27 more
Tom Melanson
Senior MemberPosts: 1,214Gear list
Like?
In reply to harrygilbert, Jun 3, 2012

An all 'round excellent post. And while we'll all have our favorites, your list covers the gamut, IMHO.

harrygilbert wrote:

In my opinion, there is no "one" most stunning lens - it depends on your shooting style and subject. I've got just about the entire lineup now, from 15mm to 800mm and if I had to be stuck with only one, I'd choose the 70-200/2.8L IS Mark II as an all-around outstanding lens giving stunning results.

If I were primarily a portrait photographer, I'd go with the 85/1.8 II, or the 135/2.0.

If I were a primarily a wildlife photographer, it's be the 500/4L hands down... if my subjects were BIF, I'd choose either the 70-300L or the 400/5.6.

If I were primarily a landscape photographer, the 24 TSE II

If I were primarily a wedding and small group photographer, the 24-70/2.8 L

If I were primarily a photographer of insects and small flora, I'd go with the 100/2.8 or 180/3.5 macro

Personally, I have been amazed at the stunning results gotten with all the above lenses.

-- hide signature --

(See equipment list under 'profile')

Tom Melanson's gear list:Tom Melanson's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
ScottieC
Contributing MemberPosts: 643Gear list
Like?
That's a very difficult question to answer...
In reply to mlewan, Jun 3, 2012

That's a very difficult question to answer... but I'm only going to comment on the lenses that I actually have USED and Touched.

In order...

Canon EF 200 f/1.8L
Canon EF 85 f/1.2L II USM

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro - This lens is probally underrated and under priced.
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4.0L USM Wide Fisheye Zoom Lens - Yes that's right, I'm completely impressed by this zoon lens.

ScottieC's gear list:ScottieC's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +8 more
MAC
MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,265Gear list
Like?
Re: That's a very difficult question to answer...
In reply to ScottieC, Jun 3, 2012

agree

ScottieC wrote:

That's a very difficult question to answer... but I'm only going to comment on the lenses that I actually have USED and Touched.

In order...

Canon EF 200 f/1.8L
Canon EF 85 f/1.2L II USM

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro - This lens is probally underrated and under priced.
Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.

Canon EF 8-15mm f/4.0L USM Wide Fisheye Zoom Lens - Yes that's right, I'm completely impressed by this zoon lens.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads