Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,465Gear list
Like?
Who is the moderator of this forum ?
May 31, 2012

If there is any ...

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
tedolf
Forum ProPosts: 15,799Gear list
Like?
Re: Who is the moderator of this forum ?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, May 31, 2012

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

That is a secret.

If there is any ...

there are more than one.

If you want to contact the Moderators, use the "feedback" tab on the bottom of this page.

We will be in contact with you shortly thereafter!

-- hide signature --

Tedolph, RIP

tedolf's gear list:tedolf's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mike_PEAT
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,979Gear list
Like?
You are!!!

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

In addition to you there's me, with the "Complain" button everyone is a moderator.

Mike_PEAT's gear list:Mike_PEAT's gear list
Lytro Light Field 16GB
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,465Gear list
Like?
Re: You are!!! Thanks (nt)
In reply to Mike_PEAT, May 31, 2012
-- hide signature --

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +4 more
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,904Gear list
Like?

It's definitely not me. I think I'm going to start to spew some equivalence now... Well an M43 moderator is really only an f5.6 Canon 1d/5d forum moderate...

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Brian Mosley
Forum ProPosts: 20,404Gear list
Like?
I don't know, but thankfully...

He or she is on duty this evening good job!

Brian
--
Join our free worldwide support network here :
http://www.ukphotosafari.org/join-the-ukpsg/
UK, Peak District Local Olympus Safari Group : http://snipurl.com/bqtd7-ukpsg
Keep up with me here : http://twitter.com/alert_bri

Brian Mosley's gear list:Brian Mosley's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Lights
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,270Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't know, but thankfully...
In reply to Brian Mosley, May 31, 2012

Brian Mosley wrote:

He or she is on duty this evening good job!

Brian
--

I'm glad I wasn't having hallucinations ! (I noticed also.)
--

http://www.pbase.com/madlights
http://barriolson.aminus3.com/

Mike_PEAT
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,979Gear list
Like?
Seriously though...

The forums run mostly unmoderated, until someone complains. Sometimes you read a post from one of the DPR contributors, but you don't notice their efforts until you see that a post or thread has disappeared.

Mike_PEAT's gear list:Mike_PEAT's gear list
Lytro Light Field 16GB
muddyfunster
Regular MemberPosts: 447
Like?
Re: Seriously though...
In reply to Mike_PEAT, May 31, 2012

Mike_PEAT wrote:

The forums run mostly unmoderated, until someone complains. Sometimes you read a post from one of the DPR contributors, but you don't notice their efforts until you see that a post or thread has disappeared.

i think it also depends on how many times the complaint button gets pressed, so many racist sexist and generally bad comments have been pulled but the users free to carry on regardless
--
the night is dark.....and full of terriers

tedolf
Like?
How do we know..
In reply to SLOtographer, May 31, 2012

SLOtographer wrote:

It's definitely not me.

that you are telling the truth?

I have it on good authority that the Moderators are sworn to secrecy and will never reveal their true identities!

I think I'm going to start to spew some equivalence now... Well an M43 moderator is really only an f5.6 Canon 1d/5d forum moderate...

-- hide signature --

SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

Tedollph, RIP

Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +10 more
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,153Gear list
Like?

Why should there be one. It is probably the best forum at dpreview, lots of controversial discussions. I can't see anything wrong with it. Thread, for which I don't care, get simply ignored.

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

If there is any ...

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +17 more
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,380
Like?
Re: Seriously though...
In reply to muddyfunster, May 31, 2012

From what I see on a daily basis there is NO moderation to speak of, and complaining goes nowhere either. Which is a shame, there are a handful of really noxious bullies here that are having me (and a lot of others I would think) on the verge of losing my (our) nerves. Notably those who systematically highjack threads and continuously harass the same posters. This is becoming unbearable.

Marla

Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,950
Like?
Who's the commanding officer here ?

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

If there is any ...

http://www.destgulch.com/movies/apoc/apoc07.wav

Detail Man
Forum ProPosts: 14,950
Like?
In reply to tedolf, May 31, 2012

tedolf wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

That is a secret.

If there is any ...

there are more than one.

I have it on good authority that the Moderators are sworn to secrecy and will never reveal their true identities!

If you want to contact the Moderators, use the "feedback" tab on the bottom of this page.

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Tedolph, RIP ... (Really Inspid Pontificator)

bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 27,829
Like?
Re: How do we know..

tedolf wrote:

That's because they do not have identities. Backed by the vast resource of Amazon, DPR has developed the technology to clone limitless supplies of moderators from the DNA in an old toenail clipping of Phil Askey's, found lodged in the carpet under the desk of the Amazon president's gorgeous PA (you wondered why he's not around here so much). They didn't perfect the technique until after they had put out the call for the so-called 'community' moderators, but due to its success they didn't have to take up the offer that flooded in.

It works very well. The Phil A clones (or philanderers as they have become known) don't possess any real intelligence, just enough to detect an equivalence discussion and hit the ban button, but not enough to make any of the present editorial team feel insecure.

The real problem with the replicants is that they have very limited lifetimes. Really, it's more an inconvenience than a problem, it just means occasionally you'll get the 'sorry we're doing some maintenance' screen while they get a few more from out of the fridge.
--
Bob

tedolf
Like?
Ain't gonna work Marla...
In reply to Marla2008, May 31, 2012

Marla2008 wrote:

From what I see on a daily basis there is NO moderation to speak of, and complaining goes nowhere either. Which is a shame, there are a handful of really noxious bullies here that are having me (and a lot of others I would think) on the verge of losing my (our) nerves. Notably those who systematically highjack threads and continuously harass the same posters. This is becoming unbearable.

you are not going to get me banned.

I follow the DPR posting rules to the letter.

Believe me, many have tried.

They failed.

Marla

Tedolph, RIP

Brian Mosley
Like?
It's too late... Almighty, Almighty! /nt
In reply to Detail Man, May 31, 2012
-- hide signature --

Olympus E-M1
Brian Mosley
Like?
OMG, me me me...

tedolf wrote:

Marla2008 wrote:

That's enough about me, what do you think about me?

LOL, tedolph you're a legend in your own mind

Brian
--

Olympus E-M1
bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 27,829
Like?
Re: Ain't gonna work Marla...

I follow the DPR posting rules to the letter.

That is no guarantee.

In any case, if you actually read the rules, they are so vaguely defined, I defy anyone to say for certain whether they follow them to the letter or not.
The moderator's judgement is final (unless he decides otherwise).
--
Bob

tedolf
Like?
In reply to Detail Man, May 31, 2012

Detail Man wrote:

tedolf wrote:

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

That is a secret.

If there is any ...

there are more than one.

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Tedolph, RIP ... (Really Inspid Pontificator)

Er........huh?

Tedolph, RIP

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads