R3000 Inkjetcarts, Photo Black was but is not working now???

Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions
wjwncpro_Ds
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,984
Like?
R3000 Inkjetcarts, Photo Black was but is not working now???
May 31, 2012

I use Inkjetcarts and have refilled the Photo Black ink once and now on the 2nd refill after resetting it is not working. Here's what happened; I did a mat black print last night and today when I tried to print a glossy it automatically would change inks from mat to photo black but there was not enough ink in the cart to make that change. I refilled the cart, reset it and it showed full. The R3000 went ahead and did the change but when I did a print it came bad. I did a print head check and the photo black is did not print. I proceeded to do a cleaning cycle and then another check and still the photo black did not print. I manually switched over to mat black and did a check and also did not print out. Switched back to photo black, again did not print. I can see the ink level has gone down about an eight of the full level so the ink is going somewhere but not on the paper.
Can anyone help???

It is late here on the east coast USA so I will return here in the morning, also I have about 30 more prints to do by Saturday morning for my presentation...

Could there be air in the line, if so, how do I get it out?

Thanks for any help that I can use

Paul in New Orleans
Regular MemberPosts: 158Gear list
Like?
Re: R3000 Inkjetcarts, Photo Black was but is not working now???
In reply to wjwncpro_Ds, May 31, 2012

Since you bought from Inkjetcarts, telephone Mr. Ross Hardy. the owner. He is very knowledgeable and friendly and will do his best to help you. The phone number is on the web site.
--
Paul in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.

Paul in New Orleans's gear list:Paul in New Orleans's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,499
Like?
In reply to wjwncpro_Ds, May 31, 2012

As I repplied in the nifty forum, I think you lost your prime in that cart and you will have to reprime it like you did when you first filled it.

wjwncpro_Ds
Like?
In reply to wjwncpro_Ds, Jun 1, 2012

thanks Paul and jtoolman,

I've contacted Ross from inkjetcarts and downloaded the purge charts but that did not work. Wasting a lot of ink!!!!!! I've re-installed the drivers re-primed the PK cart, purged, but still not getting the photo black to print. This is what I'm getting. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

rrussell99
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
In reply to wjwncpro_Ds, Jun 2, 2012

I had the same problem (clogged photo black jet) on my R3000 a few months ago, but fixed it with a procedure from technical support. The procedure involved turning on the printer, and while the print head was off from the home position unplugging the printer. This allowed the print head to be moved freely, at which point I moved it towards the middle of the printer in order to access the two waste ink pads. Using a syringe, I filled both waste ink pads with warm water, adding water until it was at the top of the plastic channel around the pads. Next, I plugged in the printer and turned it on. It went through a calibration dance which took some time, then relocated to the home position. At this point I turned the printer off, then unplugged it, then let it sit overnight. In the morning I ran a nozzle check and everything worked great. Good luck.

wjwncpro_Ds
Like?
R3000, Photo Black is working now!!! Thanks russell...
In reply to rrussell99, Jun 7, 2012

I did just as you instructed below and got it working. I plugged it back in in the morning, did a nozzle check which was spotty and went through the unplug/plug cycle again while I was at work and when I came home it was working.
So a BIG Thank You rrussell99

As a note; Ross Hardie also suggested a similar procedure using ammonia but I wasn't to hip to that idea but I'm sure it would work also...

rrussell99 wrote:

I had the same problem (clogged photo black jet) on my R3000 a few months ago, but fixed it with a procedure from technical support. The procedure involved turning on the printer, and while the print head was off from the home position unplugging the printer. This allowed the print head to be moved freely, at which point I moved it towards the middle of the printer in order to access the two waste ink pads. Using a syringe, I filled both waste ink pads with warm water, adding water until it was at the top of the plastic channel around the pads. Next, I plugged in the printer and turned it on. It went through a calibration dance which took some time, then relocated to the home position. At this point I turned the printer off, then unplugged it, then let it sit overnight. In the morning I ran a nozzle check and everything worked great. Good luck.

hermut
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
In reply to rrussell99, Aug 2, 2012

rrussell99 wrote:

And did you empty the waste ink pads after all was working ok again?

hermut's gear list:hermut's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* Sony 135mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* +1 more
Vernon D Rainwater
Forum ProPosts: 12,124
Like?
Re: R3000, Photo Black is working now!!! Thanks russell...
In reply to wjwncpro_Ds, Aug 2, 2012

wjwncpro_Ds wrote:

I did just as you instructed below and got it working. I plugged it back in in the morning, did a nozzle check which was spotty and went through the unplug/plug cycle again while I was at work and when I came home it was working.

As a note; Ross Hardie also suggested a similar procedure using ammonia but I wasn't to hip to that idea but I'm sure it would work also...

My opinion is that what Ross advised (or suggested) would definitely work well. I prefer to use the normal "Household type" of Windex which (of course) contains Ammonia.

I am not at all impressed with using water (of any type) for dissolving ink residue (Gunk) on and around the print head and the parking station. The product with ammonia will do a more thorough cleaning.

Also, I prefer to place the print head area over folded paper towel soaked in Windex for an extended period (usually over night) and to also manually move the print unit back and forth across the Windex wet Paper towel to wipe off and clean the head properly. I repeat as necessary to get completely clean.
--
Vernon...

wjwncpro_Ds
Like?
Re: R3000, Photo Black is working now!!! Thanks russell...
In reply to Vernon D Rainwater, Aug 7, 2012

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

wjwncpro_Ds wrote:

My opinion is that what Ross advised (or suggested) would definitely work well. I prefer to use the normal "Household type" of Windex which (of course) contains Ammonia.

I am not at all impressed with using water (of any type) for dissolving ink residue (Gunk) on and around the print head and the parking station. The product with ammonia will do a more thorough cleaning.

Also, I prefer to place the print head area over folded paper towel soaked in Windex for an extended period (usually over night) and to also manually move the print unit back and forth across the Windex wet Paper towel to wipe off and clean the head properly. I repeat as necessary to get completely clean.

Vernon...

Thanks Vernon for the tip

wjwncpro_Ds
Like?
In reply to hermut, Aug 7, 2012

hermut wrote:

rrussell99 wrote:

And did you empty the waste ink pads after all was working ok again?

I have a waste ink bottle installed, but thanks for your suggestion...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads