My first few weeks with the OMD

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions
PStu
Regular MemberPosts: 316Gear list
Like?
Re: My first few weeks with the OMD
In reply to Buchan-Grant, May 31, 2012

And was Sangeev jealous of the results you got with an outfit less than half the weight of his Canon 7D?

PStu's gear list:PStu's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Eugene_L
Regular MemberPosts: 151
Like?
In reply to vincent filomena, Jun 1, 2012

I agree with Vjim: the first good pictures with Om-D. Hope to see more.

Thanks, Eugene

Steve_
Senior MemberPosts: 2,020Gear list
Like?
In reply to Buchan-Grant, Jun 1, 2012

Great shots, all, but that last one is simply superb. Thanks for posting 'em.

Steve_'s gear list:Steve_'s gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +6 more
teeranui
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
#3 What lens? Thanks

What les do you use on #3? Thanks.

Buchan-Grant
Senior MemberPosts: 1,941Gear list
Like?
lenses used
In reply to teeranui, Jun 1, 2012

number 3 was shot with the Pana Leica 25mm f1.4 mft lens, as were numbers 1, 2 and 5. Number 4 was shot with the 7-14 panasonic at 7mm and the last one was shot with the 12mm Olympus using a B&W 10 stop ND and a polariser handheld on the front

-- hide signature --
 Buchan-Grant's gear list:Buchan-Grant's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +5 more
agott123
Senior MemberPosts: 1,629Gear list
Like?
Those are very nice...

Thanks for sharing
Alex

-- hide signature --

Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game. From Bob Dylan's 'Hurricane'

agott123's gear list:agott123's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5
Buchan-Grant
Like?
In reply to robert van keulen, Jun 1, 2012

cheers Robert, she was indeed a real cutie pie! I'm sure the parents have millions of great shots of her:)

-- hide signature --
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +5 more
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,040
Like?
exceptional photos

Great work. Love them all. Nice to see some really good photos on DPR. Not a single criticism of any of them.

teeranui
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Re: lenses used

Thanks!!!

Buchan-Grant
Like?

thanks for all the positive comments, even after shooting a lot of stuff it's still very encouraging to hear.

I post these because im excited by my results and want to share the possibilities of using this great new tool that many of us are getting to grips with or are considering purchasing.

this must be a record for me to have a post with 40+ threads and not one negative comment:) maybe were getting more civilised on this forum:)

ok thats probably jinxed it now, bring on the crud:)
--
Neil
http://about.me/buchangrant

itairom
Regular MemberPosts: 430
Like?

Lovely work! But honestly, given the quality of the work I've seen you post here over time, I think you'd turn out great results from almost any camera!

Kikl
Contributing MemberPosts: 984Gear list
Like?
Great Work!

Thanks for sharing, great work. The last three shots verge on perfection. The shot of the baby is sweet, but I would have liked to have the mother in focus too, more depth of field would have been preferable in this instance. Please keep up the great work!

pdox
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
In reply to Buchan-Grant, Jun 2, 2012

excellent set that shows up what the omd is capable of!

Buchan-Grant
Like?
In reply to pdox, Jun 2, 2012

cheers, it's not just a good m43 camera, with the system as a whole, it is what I consider to be the most versatile camera for my purposes. if I shot architecture and needed tilt shift lenses, perhaps it would be less so but it really covers most of my bases.

I can't quite bring myself to selling my M9 yet though as with the 50 and 35 lenses, it still has a unique look which is perfect for certain upmarket images, but that is a rare event.

All I want now is a second body! (and a 75mm, and a 60mm macro, and a 12-35 f2.8, and a 35-100 f2.8 and a 150 f2........)

when I shot with canon gear I had 13 lenses and could not carry it all but with mft you can now have a lot of high quality glass available to you and comfortably carry it in a couple of small bags. on my next travel shoot I will carry only a small slingshot and a belt pouch, but I'll have space to carry up to 9 lenses with 2 bodies and be quite comfortable walking up hill on a hot day!!:)
--
Neil
http://about.me/buchangrant

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads