3 Sisters for Retouch or Play

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions
mdviz
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: 3 Sisters for Retouch or Play
In reply to Ralph Ramirez, May 31, 2012

Hi, this is my first post here doing a retouch.

I thought the dresses were a little dull so I changed the styles slightly, I hope you like.

I also think blondes look prettier, especially if they wear red lipstick as a nice contrast.

The other posts all used very dull un-colourful backgrounds so I made mine a bit brighter and more colourful.

I used a special filter to make their skin tones smoother and hide away any imperfections.

I also made their eyes match as they are sisters after all.

I don't understand why you did not use a nice colourful back ground when you took the picture in the first place.

Hope you like my first retouching and some readers can learn from what I have shown. I can explain more details if anyone needs additional tips.
I think my edits make the girls look really pretty.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
eagle_I
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670
Like?
Re: 3 Sisters for Retouch or Play
In reply to Gerrard, Jun 1, 2012

Usually shooting birds and landscape I'm way out of my element with these lovely young ladies, but I thought it would give it a go and get some practice using Topaz ReMask 3. Finding a background from my resources was the next challenge. I spent probably as much time making my mimosa tree leaves look "artsy" as I did trying to refine hair details in the mask. You wouldn't believe how much time I spent diddling with that tiny thin line border! Oh well, I'm retired and it was FUN! Thanks for the challenge.
Mark

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerrard
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875
Like?
Pixel Poetry
In reply to Pixel Poetry, Jun 1, 2012

Truly Beautiful Chris + really natural. Thank You.
Cheers
Ray

Pixel Poetry wrote:

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerrard
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875
Like?
Ralph
In reply to Ralph Ramirez, Jun 1, 2012

Thanks Ralph, yep loving that extraction + again beautifully done. Thank You.
Cheers
Ray

Ralph Ramirez wrote:

Sorry, I posted the wrong image, here is the correct one..............Ralph

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerrard
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875
Like?
mdviz
In reply to mdviz, Jun 1, 2012

Hi,well good to have you on board here + you will find it's a Great forum with very talented + Friendly bunch

Ok back to your edit, Hmmmm well now this style of editing wouldn't really appeal to me, no I'd be more of the traditionalist well in other words I like to see the transformation but in a less subtle way. Now again thats just MY personal preference ....
So I do appreciate your time + effort in posting your work here + thank you
Cheers
Ray
wrote:

Hi, this is my first post here doing a retouch.

I thought the dresses were a little dull so I changed the styles slightly, I hope you like.

I also think blondes look prettier, especially if they wear red lipstick as a nice contrast.

The other posts all used very dull un-colourful backgrounds so I made mine a bit brighter and more colourful.

I used a special filter to make their skin tones smoother and hide away any imperfections.

I also made their eyes match as they are sisters after all.

I don't understand why you did not use a nice colourful back ground when you took the picture in the first place.

Hope you like my first retouching and some readers can learn from what I have shown. I can explain more details if anyone needs additional tips.
I think my edits make the girls look really pretty.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerrard
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875
Like?
eagle_I
In reply to eagle_I, Jun 1, 2012

Hi Mark, ah well I'm glad you enjoyed yeah you did a fine job with that extraction but yeah I'm finding that B/G a little busy alright Appreciate you working on my Img + thank you.
Cheers
Ray

eagle_I wrote:

Usually shooting birds and landscape I'm way out of my element with these lovely young ladies, but I thought it would give it a go and get some practice using Topaz ReMask 3. Finding a background from my resources was the next challenge. I spent probably as much time making my mimosa tree leaves look "artsy" as I did trying to refine hair details in the mask. You wouldn't believe how much time I spent diddling with that tiny thin line border! Oh well, I'm retired and it was FUN! Thanks for the challenge.
Mark

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Michael Edward Rudge
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,593Gear list
Like?
I sent them to the Maldives
In reply to Ronny Harris, Jun 1, 2012
 Michael Edward Rudge's gear list:Michael Edward Rudge's gear list
Canon Pixma MG5350
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerrard
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875
Like?
Re: I sent them to the Maldives
In reply to Michael Edward Rudge, Jun 1, 2012

Ha thanks Michael, yeah I'm sure the girls would be really Pleased to visit this location + really nice job with the extraction also. Thank You.
Cheers
Ray

Michael Edward Rudge wrote:

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tal Ninio
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: 3 Sisters for Retouch or Play
In reply to Gerrard, Jun 1, 2012

It is a privilege to process such good photos

Version 1

Developed in LR4 using PSKiss Powered Skin & Lips (part of Skin & Scenery Color Profiles):

Version 2
Used PSKiss Photogram for the Instagram style look + Date Stamp:

-- hide signature --

Tal Ninio
tal@pskiss.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ralph Ramirez
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,504
Like?
Re: 3 Sisters for Retouch or Play
In reply to Sam B, Jun 1, 2012

Hi Sam, love this retouch. You really brought out the detail, really nice, not to mention wonderful extraction and background. Always enjoy viewing your posts.............Ralph

Sam B wrote:

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerrard
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,875
Like?
Tal
In reply to Tal Ninio, Jun 1, 2012

Ah thanks Tal appreciate it

Both great edits + I've heard of this Instagram but I've yet to Google it That said I'd choose your 1st edit as my Fav Thank You.
Cheers
Ray

Tal Ninio wrote:

It is a privilege to process such good photos

Version 1

Developed in LR4 using PSKiss Powered Skin & Lips (part of Skin & Scenery Color Profiles):

Version 2
Used PSKiss Photogram for the Instagram style look + Date Stamp:

-- hide signature --

Tal Ninio
tal@pskiss.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads