A thanks and introduction

Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions
img2be
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
A thanks and introduction
May 27, 2012

First I want to give a big thanks to everyone here at the dpreview forums. Not only did the forums help me decide which camera to buy next, you all have given me new inspiration with all the great photos from posts and in the user galleries.

In the past I've mostly shot wildlife, having a saltwater reef tank that I really enjoy photographing. It's been creeping up on me and the bug finally bit me. Now I'm into birds and anything else that I can get nice images of. I like places/buildings and even macro shots as well, but wildlife is what keeps me coming back. I just got the Canon SX40 and a trip to the zoo is planned!

Even though I'm a newbie, what did it for me was the fact that for several months now I've had birds nesting in the reef on my front door. We went through one set of baby birds with their beaks open waiting for the mother to come back to feed, and that just did it for me. It was time to pick up the camera again.

I'm getting into more manual shots and reading all that I can to improve. I'm pretty good with photoshop but I'm a novice in photography.

Thanks again to everyone who has posted their photos and/or advise helping others with taking better photos.

img2be's gear list:img2be's gear list
Canon PowerShot S1 IS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
James Cafferty
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,306
Like?
Re: A thanks and introduction
In reply to img2be, May 27, 2012

Welcome! aboard. Hope to see some photos of those birds waiting for their breakfast, lunch, and dinner - as well any of your other efforts. Enjoy the adventure.
Good luck, good shooting.
--
All the best,
Jim

Photographers take pictures; the camera is only a tool.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads