X-Pro1 and X100 should have warning labels!

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions
MrFlash
Contributing MemberPosts: 529Gear list
Like?
X-Pro1 and X100 should have warning labels!
May 26, 2012

I have used a lot of different camera equipment in the 40+ years that I have dabbled in this hobby.

I have used the X100 for over a year now, and the XP1 for a couple of months. I enjoy using these cameras more than any camera system I have ever owned. The IQ from these cameras is unmatched in my experience. (Including pro-level Canon and Nikon equipment.)

I am so sick and tied of reading all the blathering and whining about - ooh the focus is slow, ooh the colors are faded, ooh the firmware is unrefined and on and on.

People are coming over from P&S or all-auto SLRs and are frustrated with their inability to get good results with the Fujis.

Fuji should put a warning label on all of their XP1 and X100 ads and packaging that states:

WARNING: Use of this camera by unexperienced and untalented photographers may result in frustration and an overall dissatisfaction with this product.

Then all of these dolts will only have themselves to blame.

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

MrFlash's gear list:MrFlash's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
PJInTheUSA
Regular MemberPosts: 208
Like?
Re: X-Pro1 and X100 should have warning labels!
In reply to MrFlash, May 26, 2012

WARNING: Use of this camera by unexperienced and untalented photographers may result in frustration and an overall dissatisfaction with this product.

But am both "unexperienced and untalented" and I love the camera too!

Each to there own I guess.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Ok..........only your opinion matters. Gotcha.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
onehp
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, May 26, 2012

A label stating:

This camera is different, inform yourself.
You don't have to buy it if you don't like it.

Ps: I haven't bought the 7587 other cameras on the market, as I have no reason to like them

lnbolch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,860Gear list
Like?

When the X100 was first announced, Fuji called it something like "a personal camera for professional photographers" . That was not hype, but the warning the OP said was needed.

-- hide signature --
 lnbolch's gear list:lnbolch's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 8400 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +12 more
krugorg
Regular MemberPosts: 199
Like?

Squeaky wheels do get the grease. I am guessing most people like their X100 better at firmware version 1.31 than they did at v1.0.

liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,925Gear list
Like?
Yes but

The XPro 1 is simply excellent. Especially with the 35/1.4.

I simply cannot imagine a camera that is better suited for portraiture and general-purpose photography. that being said, I cannot condemn someone for finding fault with the AF performance. Doesn't make the camera bad however. So if AF performance is something that is crucial for you then please be advised this camera will not suit your needs.

The camera however is damned outstanding.

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +5 more
masterofdeception
Regular MemberPosts: 245Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes but
In reply to liquid stereo, May 26, 2012

+1

I sold my 5d MkII for the X-Pro 1. So far I'm deliriously happy. It's put me back in touch with what photography is all about - i might not be a better photographer and the pictures might not be better - but I love photography again. Yes the camera has quirks. I live with them (like I live with my wife).

snapper1967
Contributing MemberPosts: 673
Like?

There should be warnings to be read here about the pompous idiots like you as well.

Get over yourself dude. You ain't all that!

MrFlash wrote:

I have used a lot of different camera equipment in the 40+ years that I have dabbled in this hobby.

I have used the X100 for over a year now, and the XP1 for a couple of months. I enjoy using these cameras more than any camera system I have ever owned. The IQ from these cameras is unmatched in my experience. (Including pro-level Canon and Nikon equipment.)

I am so sick and tied of reading all the blathering and whining about - ooh the focus is slow, ooh the colors are faded, ooh the firmware is unrefined and on and on.

People are coming over from P&S or all-auto SLRs and are frustrated with their inability to get good results with the Fujis.

Fuji should put a warning label on all of their XP1 and X100 ads and packaging that states:

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

-- hide signature --

Just enjoy what you do.

Martin_Kay
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?

...oh

Martin_Kay
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
In reply to snapper1967, May 26, 2012

Lol- well said!

Ray Sachs
Senior MemberPosts: 8,426Gear list
Like?
In reply to liquid stereo, May 26, 2012

liquid stereo wrote:

that being said, I cannot condemn someone for finding fault with the AF performance. Doesn't make the camera bad however. So if AF performance is something that is crucial for you then please be advised this camera will not suit your needs.

I agree, IF they take the time to really learn how it works and then conclude they need something different because its not fast enough for them. But people who always complain about being unable to focus on anything either have a bad camera (I doubt there are many of those floating around) or simply haven't figured out how the OVF works, parallax, etc, and then say the camera "sucks"! Those folks, I do blame, and too many of them feel the need to come around here to b!itch about what a terrible camera it is. Its not - they just haven't figured out how to use it. A few people have figured out how to use it and conclude it just doesn't meet their needs - cool, no problem with that at all. If it was going to be my ONLY camera/system, it wouldn't meet my needs either. But its not, and for what it is, its brilliant. Its not a DSLR but its not flawed or bad either.

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

linusto
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
In reply to Ray Sachs, May 26, 2012

And some people who have no intention of owning or using one of these cameras keep haunting all of the threads in this forum about how much the AF sucks. Apparently, they must have little else to do in their lives than this. What a shame. I guess they just like to be heard over and over again by an audience that just doesn't care.

chopsteeks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212
Like?

S t o p T r o l l i n g !!

MrFlash wrote:

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

MrFlash
Like?
In reply to snapper1967, May 26, 2012

Oops! I think we found someone who could have benefitted from the label!

snapper1967 wrote:

There should be warnings to be read here about the pompous idiots like you as well.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
MrFlash
Like?
In reply to rattymouse, May 26, 2012

That is correct. Only MY opinion matters. My logic and powers of deduction are so profound and overwhelming that anyone else's opinion is simply a waste of time.

rattymouse wrote:

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

chopsteeks
Senior MemberPosts: 1,212
Like?

Yours powers are indeed over my head.....care to expand on this ?

MrFlash wrote:

That is correct. Only MY opinion matters. My logic and powers of deduction are so profound and overwhelming that anyone else's opinion is simply a waste of time.

rattymouse wrote:

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

Kevin Patrick
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?
In reply to MrFlash, May 27, 2012

MrFlash wrote:
Oops! I think we found someone who could have benefitted from the label!

snapper1967 wrote:

Not likely. That would have required some effort on his part.

Kevin Patrick's gear list:Kevin Patrick's gear list
Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +16 more
kiw
kiw
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
In reply to MrFlash, May 27, 2012

MrFlash wrote:

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

Bravo...and just my words!

kiw's gear list:kiw's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
MrFlash
Like?
In reply to chopsteeks, May 27, 2012

No. That pretty much covers it.

chopsteeks wrote:
Yours powers are indeed over my head.....care to expand on this ?

MrFlash wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

-- hide signature --

MrFlash

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads