Salisbury Cathedral and Osborne House - additional images.

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions
windmillgolfer
Senior MemberPosts: 8,561Gear list
Like?
Salisbury Cathedral and Osborne House - additional images.
May 26, 2012

My DPR gallery is full. So, any further posts will for now be via Flickr links. As I understand it, Flickr recently withdrew the facility to capture a direct URL that could be used to embed images in another place - like here. I'd be interested if any one knows a circumvention. Thanks Stuart

Some additional images of Salisbury Cathedral, including the unusual water-bed mirror table used to create reflection views of the ceiling. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzBEKjE

Some additional images of Osborne House, IoW. http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzshFmh

windmillgolfer's gear list:windmillgolfer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 12,736
Like?
Re: Salisbury Cathedral and Osborne House - additional images.
In reply to windmillgolfer, May 26, 2012

Hi, Stuart,

This copy of a painting "Dusk, Hunter Valley NSW" is from Flickr.

I'm not positive what you are saying about not being able to post from flickr - in this case, I clicked on "Share", then on "Grab the HTML BBC code"; picked the size from a menu of sizes, and then copy & paste into this post.

Then one has to delete everything but [ http:\\farm............... .jpg ] including the quotes which surround that URL (or the quotes show up in the post)

There are 2 versions of the URL that get pasted in, but only the one with the word " farm " results in a picture being posted. I do this a lot.

Sounds a bit roundabout but a lot faster than waiting to upload to your gallery, if the image is already there in Flickr.

-Erik
--
DP Review Supporter.

'He who hesitates is not only lost - he's miles from the next Exit.'
http://www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
windmillgolfer
Like?
In reply to Erik Ohlson, May 26, 2012

Erik, many thanks. Lovely image. As it happens, in the last 30 mins, I've tried the HTML grab and edited the code like you describe, when replying to comments from Dez and Lee on the Landscapes thread - successfully embedding an image. That's a great relief and, better still, although cumbersome for me without a mouse, I should be able to do all that from the iPad, which will be great for travelling.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
danielsonkin
Forum ProPosts: 11,356Gear list
Like?

Excellent images, Stuart. Wow, makes me wonder why I've been ignoring my LX5 so much lately. Is that reflection inside the cathedral the floor? It almost looks like water. Beautiful.
Daniel
--
http://danielsonkin.smugmug.com/

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 +2 more
in_focus
Forum ProPosts: 15,973
Like?

Thanks for additional images, Stuart.. lot of fine PP work involved - some of the pictures are looking almost as delicate as the ink-pen drawings from some other times, very pleasant .. glad you learned the 'flickr' ropes .. thanks again for your efforts..

Cheers,
--
Bruno

windmillgolfer
Like?
Re: Salisbury Cathedral and Osborne House - Daniel

Daniel, Thanks. It is a water bed/table about 3ft high. If you look at the images to the left and, preferably, right you can see the table with water flowing out at each corner. Quite a neat idea. Stuart

windmillgolfer
Like?
Re: Salisbury Cathedral and Osborne House - Bruno.
In reply to in_focus, May 26, 2012

Thanks Bruno. Yes, very pleased that the Flickr issue is resolved. Stuart

kernow
Forum ProPosts: 12,438
Like?
In reply to windmillgolfer, May 28, 2012

Nice set, I love the stained glass windows. BTW, what browser do you use? I use Firefox and just right click on the image and copy the image URL.

Example.

-- hide signature --

Oll an gwella,
Jim

windmillgolfer
Like?
In reply to kernow, May 28, 2012

Hi Jim, thanks, good to hear from you. The issue was a combination of mis-understanding info about recent Flickr changes and inexperience using the iPad. All now resolved. So, I'll be able to upload/post when travelling with the just the iPad, albeit somehwat clumsily.

I've been using PCs for decades, recently switched to Chrome because the latest version of IE is not supported on XP. More than that there's no mouse on the iPad and I'm still learning how best to use my digits on the iPad Stuart

kernow
Forum ProPosts: 12,438
Like?
In reply to windmillgolfer, May 28, 2012

Stuart can you use Dolphin Browser? It supports right click functions with a press and hold with a finger on the screen.
--
Oll an gwella,
Jim

windmillgolfer
Like?
In reply to kernow, May 28, 2012

I'll have a look at that Jim - not heard of it before - thanks. Although I used the classic one box Macs in the late 80's, I'm quite new to the iPad arena but am now confident I can upload/post on the move - WiFi permitting. Off to Las Vegas and the Canyons June/July, so wanted to be sure teh kit all hangs together. Stuart

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads