DP2 Merrill will be released in July

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions
katate
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?
DP2 Merrill will be released in July
May 25, 2012
Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
--> LSN
Senior MemberPosts: 1,309
Like?
Re: DP2 Merrill will be released in July
In reply to katate, May 25, 2012

What year?

Seriously, that's good news. While I like NY in June, I'll be visiting B&H in July.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lelf
Junior MemberPosts: 29
Like?
Joerg V
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
In reply to lelf, May 25, 2012

Cool! That probably means that the DP1m will hopefully be released this year too. They definitely should release some MTF charts to give us something to rave about.

Cheers

Joerg

Joerg V's gear list:Joerg V's gear list
Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +2 more
petr marek
Regular MemberPosts: 169
Like?
Hopefully

support for Merill´s X3F in Adobe Lightroom will be coming with it, Sigma Photo Pro is a bad joke regarding possibilities of X3F RAW... In my experience working with SD14 X3F in Lightroom is a joy of exploring depths of the image with huge possibilities for sensitive corrections of flaws. And that´s exactly what Merills sensor needs and deserves.

rpo83
Regular MemberPosts: 178
Like?
In reply to katate, May 26, 2012

I visited the Australian PMA show today, i got the same confirmation from CR Kennedy. I asked about anticipated pricing and was told it will be inline with the current DP price range, this means the Aussie distributor will be selling the DP Merrill for AU$600.00.
--
Cheers

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpo83/

SigmaChrome
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,066Gear list
Like?
In reply to rpo83, May 26, 2012

Excellent news! Thanks for the info.

rpo83 wrote:

I visited the Australian PMA show today, i got the same confirmation from CR Kennedy. I asked about anticipated pricing and was told it will be inline with the current DP price range, this means the Aussie distributor will be selling the DP Merrill for AU$600.00.

-- hide signature --

Regards,

Vitée

Capture all the light and colour!

http://www.pbase.com/vitee/galleries

SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 +13 more
colinbm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,219
Like?
In reply to SigmaChrome, May 26, 2012

Yabba Dabba Dooooooooo, ho ho
Col

katate
Regular MemberPosts: 135
Like?

600 AUD = 585 USD = 46000 yen???

WOW!

Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,390Gear list
Like?

If it comes out at a USA price under $1000 I will be totally amazed.

Because of live view focusing it will be the best Sigma ever made.

Yes, I humbly wait...
--
Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
ToasterFlyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,131
Like?
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,390Gear list
Like?
In reply to ToasterFlyer, May 26, 2012

Forgot to mention this in my earlier post: Interesting to me to see that Sigma is planning to have a bigger production run than they expected at first. It's going to be a big seller for Sigma.

They are going head-to-head with the Fuji x100 and the Leica X1(X2) and they will beat them both with basic image quality. It's a winner!

By the way this might account for the fact that DP2M is coming out first, and DP1M later. Unless Sigma suprises us and brings out both at the same time. This would be a surprise to me because I think Sigma has had to delay rollout of the DP2M in order to tweak the lens (had to be difficult). That lens will be a major achievement.
--
Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Joerg V
Like?

600 AUD would be 450€... => DP1m + DP2m for less than 1000€. That would make the decision between DP?m and D800 a no brainer. But if something sounds too good to be true, it most of the time isn't true.

Joerg

Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +2 more
ToasterFlyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,131
Like?
In reply to Joerg V, May 27, 2012

Was looking through the June issue of Digital Photo Mag and caught a Sigma advertisement for the DP1m and DP2m cameras.. :)..

Just an FYI.

Rich

3dreal
Senior MemberPosts: 1,896
Like?
In reply to katate, May 27, 2012

The cam will be a big hit, will delight the whole photographic world. The results will delight much more people. FL is ideal for universal use. Hope its price will stay at the promised 600 euro which i dont believe. it will end up at 950 chf. photo-dealers want to profit as much as possible....
Sigma-change your sales-system if needed

Sigma, if dealers do not want to show your products, just sell them directly! At least for citizens who cannot see your products.
--
http://www.stereopan.org

rpo83
Like?
In reply to Joerg V, May 28, 2012

Hi Joerg,

I was surprised by the announcement of the price being inline with the current DP's, but it was one of the owners of the company i was speaking to, not a staff member making up stories on the show floor.

I was keen to have a play with the SD1, they had it on display but they didn't have ANY lenses in SA mount at the show!!! I had my SD14 with Leica mount so i couldn't even use my lens, i had the impression that i was the 1st person to enquire about the SD1 as there was very little knowledge about the camera from the staff, only the owner was conversant with the Sigma bodies.

The interest in the Canon 5DIII and Nikon D800 was incredible, queues of people lining up for a look, the SD1 didn't register on many peoples radar.

If this pricing is accurate, i will be buying a DP2m then probably jump to a D800E as i don't think there is a FF Foveon in Sigmas roadmap.
--
Cheers

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpo83/

rick decker
Forum ProPosts: 11,736
Like?
In reply to rpo83, May 28, 2012

Well the owner doesn't sound like he does a lot of business with Sigma. It makes me wonder where he got such advance information.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on his comment. When you hear it from the horse's mouth you will know for sure.

New X100's are going from a thousand US and up so I would expect it to be street-priced around $1000.

zzapamiga
Regular MemberPosts: 497
Like?
In reply to katate, May 28, 2012

I believe unlike the SD1 that the DP1/2M will be quite good sellers for Sigma. I initially considered getting a SD1 but decided against it for a number of reasons such as lack of RAW developer support and Sigma's limited range of great lenses. Whereas the DP1/2M if it sells well will get software support and both its lenses are extremely good.

Joerg V
Like?
In reply to 3dreal, May 28, 2012

Hope its price will stay at the promised 600 euro which i dont believe.

Right, I still remember that "SD1 will released at around 1700€" line. Let's hope that the multiplication factor will be far less.

I am pessimistically optimistic about the final pricing of the DP?m.

Joerg

rpo83
Like?
In reply to rick decker, May 28, 2012

rick decker wrote:

Well the owner doesn't sound like he does a lot of business with Sigma. It makes me wonder where he got such advance information.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on his comment. When you hear it from the horse's mouth you will know for sure.

Considering he is the owner of CR Kennedy, the Australian Distributor for: Sigma, Pentax, Hasselblad, Bowens, Metz and Nik, i assume you can't get much closer to the "Horses Mouth"

They might not sell many SD/DP bodies, much like the rest of the world, they sell A LOT of Sigma lenses, so i am a interested how you came to your conclusion that his comments are not reliable??

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads