Amazon shipping E-M5's

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions
gulffish
Senior MemberPosts: 2,176Gear list
Like?
Amazon shipping E-M5's
May 25, 2012

Well, finally! Got e-mail this AM that Amazon will ship my black 12-50 E-M5 to arrive on May 29. Can't wait!
--
Kirk

QuicksilverCA
Contributing MemberPosts: 543
Like?
Re: Amazon shipping E-M5's
In reply to gulffish, May 25, 2012

They have been for a while now, they seem to be getting small batches of them on a regular basis now.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TooMuchMusic
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?

I got a delivery estimate this morning from Amazon of May 29, 2012 - June 12, 2012 for a Silver body-only (pre-ordered in April).

I wish the window was smaller and closer, but at least its something!

Still waiting to see if one of my local camera shops gets one in first.

TooMuchMusic's gear list:TooMuchMusic's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
JoeSchmoe
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,145
Like?
In reply to TooMuchMusic, May 25, 2012

That's odd! I pre-ordered a silver body on 2/20 from Amazon, and have gotten no email with a delivery estimate. I hope that means mine might come sooner, rather than that they've lost my place in line!

Congrats on yours.

TooMuchMusic wrote:

I got a delivery estimate this morning from Amazon of May 29, 2012 - June 12, 2012 for a Silver body-only (pre-ordered in April).

radsaq
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?

gulffish wrote:

Well, finally! Got e-mail this AM that Amazon will ship my black 12-50 E-M5 to arrive on May 29. Can't wait!

When did you order? I'm still waiting for word on the black 12-50 kit I ordered on 2/29.

-- hide signature --
 radsaq's gear list:radsaq's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
MAubrey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,532Gear list
Like?

Well, I'm happy for you, but really ticked at Amazon...I pre-ordered a silver body 2/26.

Thankfully, I'm still not in a particular hurry.
--
--Mike

MAubrey's gear list:MAubrey's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +7 more
gulffish
Like?
In reply to MAubrey, May 25, 2012

MAubrey wrote:

Well, I'm happy for you, but really ticked at Amazon...I pre-ordered a silver body 2/26.

Thankfully, I'm still not in a particular hurry.
--
--Mike

Waiting has been a pain for all of us. My pre-order was a 10:00am on Feb. 8, so there may be a few folks ahead of you but at least we're seeing some movement. I was told they had over 1,000 pre-ordered E-M5's. Great for Olympus and MFT in general!
--
Kirk

gulffish
Like?
In reply to radsaq, May 25, 2012

radsaq wrote:

gulffish wrote:

When did you order? I'm still waiting for word on the black 12-50 kit I ordered on 2/29.

-- hide signature --

Ordered Feb. 8 at 10:00am.
--
Kirk

camrnw
Regular MemberPosts: 175Gear list
Like?
Finally got my estimated delivery date

Only... it's 2 months from my order date. End of next month! UGH

camrnw's gear list:camrnw's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
JoeSchmoe
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,145
Like?

gulffish wrote:

Waiting has been a pain for all of us. My pre-order was a 10:00am on Feb. 8, so there may be a few folks ahead of you but at least we're seeing some movement. I was told they had over 1,000 pre-ordered E-M5's. Great for Olympus and MFT in general!
--
Kirk

It is curious that folks who pre-ordered the silver body later than us are starting to get notifications from Amazon with an ETA, but we have not.

I hope that means they're expecting to fulfill ours earlier and are holding off notifying us till then.

Pikme
Senior MemberPosts: 1,636Gear list
Like?
Not mine - just got notice of yet another delay!

Ordered silver kit on 2/11.

Finally got email May 19 that it would be delivered on May 24. Got email next day that the delivery was delayed until May 30. Got email today that there is no delivery estimate whatsoever!

No explanation for any of those changes. I'm so disappointed in Amazon - I know they aren't responsible for the shortages, but the lack of reliable information is just pathetic.

And the knowledge that I could have simply waited and just walked in to a local store to purchase the camera in April really burns. More than a month and two vacations without the camera I preordered so early.

I'll never preorder from Amazon again. I'm sitting on FL300r that I may or may not ever get the rebate for -- never will do that on a preorder again, either.

Just call me FRUSTRATED! I'm seriously thinking of canceling and buying something else altogether - a new lens, perhaps.

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

Bitslizer
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?

wait... wtf? i pre-order my silver body only in March and i got no update!? Stupid amazon!

TooMuchMusic wrote:

Bitslizer
Regular MemberPosts: 332
Like?
In reply to Bitslizer, May 26, 2012

just got the email tonight expecting it next week! yay!

Bitslizer wrote:

wait... wtf? i pre-order my silver body only in March and i got no update!? Stupid amazon!

TooMuchMusic wrote:

MAubrey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,532Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bitslizer, May 26, 2012

See, that's the thing: I ordered my in February and my amazon e-mail said the estimated ship date is June 28th at the earliest.
--
--Mike

MAubrey's gear list:MAubrey's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +7 more
TooMuchMusic
Like?
Re: Amazon shipping E-M5's (Update: July 12 - August 15)
In reply to TooMuchMusic, Jun 9, 2012

Sigh. After waiting somewhat patiently for all these weeks, I just got an updated delivery estimate from Amazon of July 12-August 15, which will definitely cut into my summer photography plans.

To make matters worse, I ordered the 4/3 adapter and 40-150 back in April along with the camera and they shipped separately. Now it's too late to return either one, though the 40-150 has gone on sale and I probably won't qualify for the rebate on the 43 adapter if I find the camera somewhere else.

My E-620 still works fine, but it's hard to get excited about using it with the new toy tantalizingly on order...

Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +5 more
virtualjock
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
In reply to gulffish, Jun 9, 2012

I ordred in late may and got it my silver 12-50mm kit in less than 2 weeks.

What is with the long wait for some of you guys?

Could it be that Amazon Prime owners are getting first dibs?

TooMuchMusic
Like?
In reply to virtualjock, Jun 9, 2012

I've got Amazon Prime. It sounds like the configuration I ordered (silver, body-only) is in shortest supply. I have my name on the list at several local camera shops to call me if they get either the silver body or kit in, but the few they've gotten have all gone out immediately to pre-orders.

Evo19
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
In reply to TooMuchMusic, Jun 9, 2012

I have ordered one from Amazon (Black OM-D 12-50mm) in May but they said it will not arrive until July 9 - Aug 23. So I started to call around I was able to find one at Mike's Camera (mikescamera.com) they just got a shipment of OM-D (silver and black) yesturday.

Also I forgot the shops name on one of the Olympus' retailers out in Kansas City had 1 Silver 12-50 kit left on the shelf when I called on wednesday.

I hope this helps.

Evo19's gear list:Evo19's gear list
Olympus E-510 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
TooMuchMusic
Like?
In reply to Evo19, Jun 10, 2012

Thank you! I just placed an order with Mike's. Unfortunately it's outside business hours so I can't be sure if they still have them in stock. My fingers are crossed...

TooMuchMusic
Like?
In reply to TooMuchMusic, Jun 11, 2012

I called today and they confirmed that a silver E-M5 kit is on its way. I'm incredibly excited!

I spoke to Mike in the online ordering department (not sure if he's the Mike) and he was both friendly and helpful. He said they're getting small numbers of E-M5s in regularly.

The shipping prices are high, especially compared to Amazon, but it's nice to support an actual brick and mortar camera store, and I really don't want to wait another 4-6 weeks for the big A. None of my local camera stores knew when they'd be getting in any E-M5s that weren't already spoken for.

Thanks again for the tip!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads