Extreme distortion

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions
ChefCrash
Regular MemberPosts: 220
Like?
Extreme distortion
May 25, 2012

It's not the lens. It's the twisted vision of a brilliant architect, Zaha Hadid. The structure is the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum under construction on the Michigan State University grounds in my town of East Lansing MI.

Although I don't think it was deliberate, some design features resemble turbine or helicopter rotor blades, airplane slats and ailerons, things I'm fascinated with. In one of the photos, even a tree appears to be confused:)

Some of the photos are excessively cropped to eliminate construction material and equipment littering the grounds.

Google "Zaha Hadid images" for more of her designs all over the planet.

Thanks for looking.

Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,731Gear list
Like?
art museum architecture
In reply to ChefCrash, May 26, 2012

seems to have become the antithesis of Louis Sullivan's law that form must follow function
now the museum now often eclipses its holdings
thanks for sharing these photographs of this museum being built
I liked the middle one best
well framed & beautifully rendered in BW
--
--
pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
http://www.pbase.com/artichoke

"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
janlu
Senior MemberPosts: 6,379
Like?
Re: Extreme distortion
In reply to ChefCrash, May 27, 2012

Hi Chef..... really interesting structure , and the conversion suits well to the modern shape .

Gianluca
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gianlucanardini/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads