And More ...

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,663Gear list
Like?
And More ...
May 23, 2012

... An older image which I have just re-edited in CS6. Very cool program.

Hope you like.

Fuji S100 FS
--
Regards, Dave

http://www.eyemindsoul.com

little al
Regular MemberPosts: 229
Like?
Re: And More ...
In reply to Lloydy, May 24, 2012

Hi Dave,

Love the colours. Might I ask what CS6 brought to this image?

Cheers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lloydy
Like?
Al ...
In reply to little al, May 24, 2012

... Glad you like it.

What did CS6 bring to it ?

Well, this was shot in Raw and I am finding that the new Raw engine in CS6 is better than that in CS5. Mind you, I didn't think that at first as many of the controls have been changed. Bit of a learning curve but well worth it.

Apart from the conversion adjustment in CS6, I also played quite a bit with getting it as 'contrasty' as possible without destroying shadows/highlights.
--
Regards, Dave

http://www.eyemindsoul.com

Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 31,887Gear list
Like?
In reply to little al, May 25, 2012

little al wrote:

Might I ask what CS6 brought to this image?

Adobe has released process engine 2012. This is a major step forward over process engine 2010, which was an enormous improvement over process engine 2003.

There are also numerous other changes in CS6 that are useful. For example, a better "content-aware fill" algorithm.

I adopted Lightroom 4 this year as my main organizer and that has made a lot of difference to me. It shares process engine 2012, which can be used alone for more than 98% of images in my experience so far. It is very powerful.

I will be using it with CS5 (it can launch images into CS5 directly from Lightroom with Lightroom performing the ACR conversion) after my CS6 beta expires. If I find that I miss the extra features inside CS6, I will upgrade. I just want to want until the sales start at BHPhoto lol ... I have benefitted greatly from leaping at their 24 hour sales (I got LR4 for a total of $69.)

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
PhotOptimist
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694
Like?
In reply to Lloydy, May 25, 2012

Very nice image.
It looks like a positive film capture measured for the bright sun.

Lloydy
Like?
Photo ...
In reply to PhotOptimist, May 26, 2012

PhotOptimist wrote:

Very nice image.

... Thank you.

It looks like a positive film capture measured for the bright sun.

If I could always get a 'transparency' type look to my images I would be happy. Often difficult to do with digital images without destroying shadows/highlights.

My favourite film was Ektachrome E100G and sometimes E100VS. Sadly, not available here now.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads