Variations in copies of the Xpro 1?

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
Iphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Variations in copies of the Xpro 1?
May 15, 2012

Hi all,

Seeing all the reviews and how some people like the AF and some don't, it seems that there maybe different qualities of their copies. Perhaps a manufacturing glitch? Has anyone returned an apparent AF defective Xpro1 and gotten a better copy?

Gary

Iphoto's gear list:Iphoto's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Epson Stylus Pro 4880 +1 more
Photohobbyfun
Senior MemberPosts: 1,362
Like?
Re: Variations in copies of the Xpro 1?
In reply to Iphoto, May 15, 2012

I think its just people's expectations. When the X100 came out, reviewers and users were saying the autofocus was fast. Three months later people were complaining it was slow.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
millsart
Senior MemberPosts: 2,771
Like?
Simplier explanation, people have different needs and opinions

Not everyone has the taste shooting styles, needs, and expectations for the money.

Think of it this way, some people love Coca Cola and others don't, they prefer Pepsi or Juice or Water etc.

Doe that mean those that try a Coke and don't like it didn't get the exact same can that those did who loved it ?

Of course not, its just different taste.

You could give 10 people the exact same camera to try and you'll get 10 different opinions.

FDL37
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?

I think the variations are mainly those of the users: did they read the manual and are they used to handle various cameras?
--
Fran├žois

miniTO
Regular MemberPosts: 223
Like?

It boils down to the user... combine the learning curve for the x100/x-pro with unrealistic expectations and you get all the variation in the comments.

CriticalI
Senior MemberPosts: 1,777
Like?
In reply to Iphoto, May 16, 2012

Have definitely handled one that was not focusing properly. The one I own seems OK.

I think sample variation may be a factor, as is variation in technique, experience and expectation.

Iphoto wrote:

Hi all,

Seeing all the reviews and how some people like the AF and some don't, it seems that there maybe different qualities of their copies. Perhaps a manufacturing glitch? Has anyone returned an apparent AF defective Xpro1 and gotten a better copy?

Gary

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Steve

Skipper494
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,778
Like?
In reply to Photohobbyfun, May 16, 2012

I tried the X-Pro 1 with 35mm today and focus is very quick indeed. I was amazed that, like the M9, the tripod socket is off the lens centre line, surely a basic requirement.

Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,722Gear list
Like?
Even Simplier explanation
In reply to millsart, May 17, 2012

Some people are just clueless

Really - they are - but they still manage to get online - amazing!

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads