Gay topics

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 43,374Gear list
Like?
Re: but you miss the point
In reply to Princess Leia, May 15, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

You said it yourself, religious views are very personal and in addition, very sacred to millions of people and they are disrespecting and trampling on their views.

Do you allow the women in your life outside with any of their skin showing? If you do, you must be trampling on the religious views of extremists Muslims, and thus they should ban you from allowing that.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

 Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Don_Campbell
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
Re: who cares?
In reply to Lee Jay, May 15, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

[snip....]

That the trouble with having nebulous, self-contradictory rules written over centuries by multiple authors repeatedly translated from language to language - you end up with gobbledygook that can be interpreted in an infinite number of different ways. The trouble is everyone that interprets it "believes" (accepts without sufficient evidence to justify that acceptance) they are right.

It turns out that it got worse when it was all written down by one con man/pedophile-turned-plural-marriage-enthusiast a 180 years ago or so. (Actually he had some help from a few confederates but that's another story--J. Smith gets the principal credit.)

The gobbledygook of the old and new testaments has some curious pseudohistory and a bit of poetry. The Book of Mormon is cooked up out of whole cloth with obvious plagiarism from multiple sources and totally whacky, easily countered theories about the origin of native Americans, what animals existed in the new world around 2000 years ago and so on. Mark Twain called it "choroform in print."

Gobbledygook abounds in religions of all stripes. Basing laws on one selected chunk of gobbledygook is as nuts as basing laws on any other chunk of gobbledygook.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 43,374Gear list
Like?
That is so insane it's amazing!
In reply to Princess Leia, May 15, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

But they want this change too "our freedom of religion laws would never allow them to do this"

Some else violating your religious rules themselves is not an infringement on your freedom of religion, only forcing you to do so would be.

I didn't baptize my kids. Did I infringe your religious freedom? Didn't think so.

You sound just like the damned Taliban.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

 Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 20,856
Like?
Re: Funny!
In reply to Nell27, May 15, 2012

Nell27 wrote:

Just think it's funny that no one has answered your original question and admitted to being gay.

You mean like this post, three hours before your post?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41520235

I'm not gay, but am passionate about people being discriminated against on the basis of their sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

I would have thought that half the "artists" on these forums were gay.

I suppose that's no different than saying that "I would have thought that half the basketball players on a sports forum are Black". Who knows -- you might be right.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 43,374Gear list
Like?
Re: Funny!
In reply to Great Bustard, May 15, 2012

Great Bustard wrote:

Nell27 wrote:

Just think it's funny that no one has answered your original question and admitted to being gay.

You mean like this post, three hours before your post?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41520235

Or the very first response!

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41519056
--
Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

 Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 20,856
Like?
Re: Funny!
In reply to Lee Jay, May 15, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Nell27 wrote:

Just think it's funny that no one has answered your original question and admitted to being gay.

You mean like this post, three hours before your post?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41520235

Or the very first response!

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41519056

Or the response right before his post:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41521803

I am not gay. I love women.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Don_Campbell
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
Re: Gay topics
In reply to Princess Leia, May 15, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

Ah another proof that it is a choice of a lifestyle that a man choose to have sex with another man.

Gay marriage opponents are all twisted in a knot about sex.

Marriage, gay or straight, is not about sex it is about love, economics and equality under the law. Denying loving couples the protections of marriage law is a civil rights issue.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Don_Campbell
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
Re: Bigotry is never justified.
In reply to Princess Leia, May 16, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:
[snip...]

People who are against same sex marriage are being called bigots so I think people who are against traditional marriage are bigots too.

Now that is about the stupidest thing I think you've said yet in this thread. Folks who support the civil right of gays to be legally married are not against your marriage or mine. We're inclusive. You're the one who wants the law to exclude people.

Your whacky statement is equivalent to calling supporters of racial integration bigots because they are not accepting good ol' traditional Jim Crow or apartheid. You really don't think too deeply do you?

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nell27
Senior MemberPosts: 2,708
Like?
Re: Funny!
In reply to Lee Jay, May 16, 2012

ljfinger wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Nell27 wrote:

Just think it's funny that no one has answered your original question and admitted to being gay.

You mean like this post, three hours before your post?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41520235

Or the very first response!

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1057&message=41519056
--
Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Exactly.

We all know there's nothing wrong with being gay but it seems no one will admit to being gay.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Don_Campbell
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
Re: Gay topics
In reply to Jorginho, May 16, 2012

Jorginho wrote:

[snip...] Your God will judge them, won't he? So let them be and keep your religion to your self.

Nope, his god is a closeted gay and does not judge marriage equality issues. His god does judge bigotry however. He told me so the last time we spoke.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Don_Campbell
Contributing MemberPosts: 924
Like?
Re: Funny!
In reply to Nell27, May 16, 2012

Nell27 wrote:

[snip...]

We all know there's nothing wrong with being gay but it seems no one will admit to being gay.

Admit??? Sounds like you want a confession.

Some "nothing wrong with" statement.

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nell27
Senior MemberPosts: 2,708
Like?
Re: Funny!
In reply to Don_Campbell, May 16, 2012

Don_Campbell wrote:

Nell27 wrote:

[snip...]

We all know there's nothing wrong with being gay but it seems no one will admit to being gay.

Admit??? Sounds like you want a confession.

Some "nothing wrong with" statement.

Don

You're right, "admit" was a poor choice of a word.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Re: but you miss the point
In reply to Lee Jay, May 16, 2012

Different religious views about marriage is always about a man and a woman but Islam is a cult anyway, not a religion!

ljfinger wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

You said it yourself, religious views are very personal and in addition, very sacred to millions of people and they are disrespecting and trampling on their views.

Do you allow the women in your life outside with any of their skin showing? If you do, you must be trampling on the religious views of extremists Muslims, and thus they should ban you from allowing that.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Re: Bigotry is never justified.
In reply to Don_Campbell, May 16, 2012

Look anywhere on my threads that I prohibit civil rights for gays. They can have all the rights and civil unions for all I care. What I am against is gays redefining the meaning of Sacrament of Matrimony!

Don_Campbell wrote:
Princess Leia wrote:
[snip...]

People who are against same sex marriage are being called bigots so I think people who are against traditional marriage are bigots too.

Now that is about the stupidest thing I think you've said yet in this thread. Folks who support the civil right of gays to be legally married are not against your marriage or mine. We're inclusive. You're the one who wants the law to exclude people.

Your whacky statement is equivalent to calling supporters of racial integration bigots because they are not accepting good ol' traditional Jim Crow or apartheid. You really don't think too deeply do you?

Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 43,374Gear list
Like?
Re: but you miss the point
In reply to Princess Leia, May 16, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

Different religious views about marriage is always about a man and a woman but Islam is a cult anyway, not a religion!

Doesn't matter either way. If you're violating their rules, it's the same as a gay couple violating your rules. If you can ban the gay couple from violating your rules, the Muslims can ban you from violating their rules.

Right?

Right.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

 Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 20,856
Like?
No hypocrisy or bigotry here, of course.
In reply to Princess Leia, May 16, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

Different religious views about marriage is always about a man and a woman but Islam is a cult anyway, not a religion!

Wow. That explains pretty much everything about your posts. The ridiculously sad thing is that you are far from alone.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 8,324Gear list
Like?
stop and open your ears
In reply to Princess Leia, May 16, 2012

they dont want to do that - you are the only person talking about that - - they just want to get a judge, get married and have government recognize it - - - they dont care about being recognized by any religion that says they are sinners

seriously - - would you want a marriage that was recognized by a religious group that thought everything you did in your life was wrong?

you keep talikng about the Sacrament of Matrimony as if these people were members of your church asking your pastor to perform the wedding

marriage is not just a religious thing - - fact is I would bet that the majority of marriages in this country had nothing religious about them

why cant you separate religion - and marriage

Sacrament of Matrimony - is a religious service - just being married is not the equivalent

think about it - - - if we think of marriage only under the terms you using then atheists shouldnt be allowed to get married - - seriously if every marriage is a Sacrament of Matrimony - how that be given to someone who dosnt even believe in God?

Princess Leia wrote:

Look anywhere on my threads that I prohibit civil rights for gays. They can have all the rights and civil unions for all I care. What I am against is gays redefining the meaning of Sacrament of Matrimony!

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

 edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 20,856
Like?
Re: Bigotry is never justified.
In reply to Princess Leia, May 16, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

Look anywhere on my threads that I prohibit civil rights for gays. They can have all the rights and civil unions for all I care. What I am against is gays redefining the meaning of Sacrament of Matrimony!

Look anywhere on my threads that I prohibit civil rights for Christians. They can have all the rights and civil unions for all I care. What I am against is Christians seeking to exclude homosexuals from the legal right of marriage.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Re: but you miss the point
In reply to Lee Jay, May 16, 2012

What a retarded logic....

"Doesn't matter either way. If you're violating their rules, it's the same as a gay couple violating your rules." -

If I travel to Saudi or Egypt and the one of the Religious rules are women must wear a cover then I will abide with their rules! I am not going to change their rules just because I am a Christian. Plus I don't want to get beheaded!

ljfinger wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Different religious views about marriage is always about a man and a woman but Islam is a cult anyway, not a religion!

Doesn't matter either way. If you're violating their rules, it's the same as a gay couple violating your rules. If you can ban the gay couple from violating your rules, the Muslims can ban you from violating their rules.

Right?

Right.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 43,374Gear list
Like?
Re: Bigotry is never justified.
In reply to Princess Leia, May 16, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

What I am against is gays redefining the meaning of Sacrament of Matrimony!

That's a Catholic concept, I think. So if they can't get a Catholic to marry them (or, more likely, they don't want a Catholic to marry them), let them get a judge to do it. Then it's just marriage not the "Sacrament of Matrimony" and it doesn't affect you at all.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

 Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads