Gay topics

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Gay topics
May 15, 2012

Why is it when the topic is about gay, the discussions on this forum are quite intense, passionate and personal so my question is, are many of you gay?

Nothing wrong with being gay as your lifestyle but redefining the meaning of Sacrament of Matrimony is wrong.

Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 44,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Gay topics
In reply to Princess Leia, May 15, 2012

Princess Leia wrote:

Why is it when the topic is about gay, the discussions on this forum are quite intense, passionate and personal so my question is, are many of you gay?

No, I'm a man married to a women and we have two kids.

Nothing wrong with being gay as your lifestyle but redefining the meaning of Sacrament of Matrimony is wrong.

No, you're just a bigot. Why not just admit it?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Rupert Bottomsworth
Senior MemberPosts: 2,360
Like?

Being gay isn't a lifestyle, just as being asian isn't a lifestyle.. it's how you were born.

bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,277Gear list
Like?
YOU are the one

Since YOU are the one who keeps posting on the subject of gay rights, I find it ironic that you want to criticize people for answering.

My take on that subject is simple. I don't really approve of gay lifestyles, but it is not my place (nor is it the place of the states) to restrict their rights when I can enjoy those same rights under the constiution because I am straight. If a church wants to deny them that right, then fine by me.

If the church wants the government to deny them that right, then the church is becoming a political tool that does not deserve the protection of the government. Remember "give to ceasar what is ceasar's."

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Princess Leia
Like?
In reply to Lee Jay, May 15, 2012

Look in the mirror before throwing any mud at people. I have a number of gay friends who are against gay marriage. This is the problem with people like you, you call names when they disagree with your no values world view.

ljfinger wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

No, I'm a man married to a women and we have two kids.

No, you're just a bigot. Why not just admit it?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Princess Leia
Like?
Re: YOU are the one
In reply to bikinchris, May 15, 2012

where in my OP post I criticized people for answering?

bikinchris wrote:

Since YOU are the one who keeps posting on the subject of gay rights, I find it ironic that you want to criticize people for answering.

My take on that subject is simple. I don't really approve of gay lifestyles, but it is not my place (nor is it the place of the states) to restrict their rights when I can enjoy those same rights under the constiution because I am straight. If a church wants to deny them that right, then fine by me.

If the church wants the government to deny them that right, then the church is becoming a political tool that does not deserve the protection of the government. Remember "give to ceasar what is ceasar's."

-- hide signature --

Good cyclists are:
Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
Layer 1: Control your bike (Don't fall or collide with others)
Layer 2: Follow the rules (Don't be the cause of traffic crashes)
Layer 3: Use Lane position (Discourage other drivers mistakes)
Layer 4: Hazard Avoidance (Avoid other drivers mistakes and road hazards)
Layer 5: Utilize passive protection (Use protection when all else fails)

Chris, Broussard, LA

Princess Leia
Like?
In reply to Rupert Bottomsworth, May 15, 2012

There is no proof people are born gay. Find me hospital records where the doctor check the box "gay" as the gender!

Rupert Bottomsworth wrote:

Being gay isn't a lifestyle, just as being asian isn't a lifestyle.. it's how you were born.

Lee Jay
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

Look in the mirror before throwing any mud at people. I have a number of gay friends who are against gay marriage. This is the problem with people like you, you call names when they disagree with your no values world view.

Okay, fine. I disagree with people who treat a group of people differently because of some characteristic of that group. It's prejudicial and indicative of hatred. In other words, it's bigotry.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Canon ELPH 500 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Palm Springs, CA

I am a straight man and I am happily married with three kids and 4 grandchildren, but I live in an area with a very high gay population. When I first moved here I must admit it caught me off guard, but these days it's like so what - they are people and they are living their lives. If they want to get married and enjoy the same benefits that being married offers who am to tell them they cant?

I am not perfect and as such I am not qualified to judge others

As a side note, as a Christian I dont think Christian churches - or any other religion should be forced or required to perform marriages if it goes against the teachings of that religion.

I do think there are differences between government recognized marriage and church recognized marriage

JMO

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Lee Jay
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

There is no proof people are born gay.

There is quite a lot of supporting evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation#Biology

Find me hospital records where the doctor check the box "gay" as the gender!

You don't want people to treat you like you're and idiot, but at the same time you say stuff like that.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Princess Leia
Like?

Don't you think you are a bigot against defenders of traditional marriage?

ljfinger wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Okay, fine. I disagree with people who treat a group of people differently because of some characteristic of that group. It's prejudicial and indicative of hatred. In other words, it's bigotry.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Princess Leia
Like?

See, no evidence. Unless, hospital, birth certificates, applications forms etc will contain the words MALE, FEMALE, GAY, LESBIAN for genders - the last two are just a lifestyle.

I can create a WIKI saying I am Batman too.

ljfinger wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

There is no proof people are born gay.

There is quite a lot of supporting evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation#Biology

Find me hospital records where the doctor check the box "gay" as the gender!

You don't want people to treat you like you're and idiot, but at the same time you say stuff like that.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

string cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,792
Like?

The cows ask, the pigs ask, the horses ask too...

-- hide signature --

JasonMI
Senior MemberPosts: 1,087
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

You asked a question than stated your opinion. Fine. Too most, it's not about gay rights or gay marriage; it's about ensuring that all people in this country are afforded the same rights as everyone else, and currently, that isn't happening. Period.

Lee Jay
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

There's no defense for discrimination.

You sound like a "defender of a traditional farm house" (having black slaves), or a "defender of traditional voting practices" (disallowing women).

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

See, no evidence. Unless, hospital, birth certificates, applications forms etc will contain the words MALE, FEMALE, GAY, LESBIAN for genders - the last two are just a lifestyle.

Idiot.

"Gay" and "lesbian" aren't genders, and they aren't currently determinable at birth.

How long did you spend in the first grade, or are you still there?
--
Lee Jay

Rupert Bottomsworth
Senior MemberPosts: 2,360
Like?

Gender? Don't you mean sexual orientation? Can you find me hospital records where the doctor checked the box "heterosexual"?

Princess Leia wrote:

There is no proof people are born gay. Find me hospital records where the doctor check the box "gay" as the gender!

Rupert Bottomsworth wrote:

Princess Leia
Like?

Slavery and disallowing women were MAN MADE bad behaviors which I am glad has been stopped but traditional marriage is a NATURAL law which is purportedly determined by nature, and thus universal.

ljfinger wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

There's no defense for discrimination.

You sound like a "defender of a traditional farm house" (having black slaves), or a "defender of traditional voting practices" (disallowing women).

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
who cares?

does it really matter why a person is gay?

Anne Heche chose to live a gay lifestyle with Ellen DeGeneres and now she is choosing to live a more conventional lifestyle married to a man and making babies

was she born gay?, heterosexual? or perhaps bisexual?

and why does it matter? - - if it isnt a choice then she is what she is, and if it was a choice she is what she chooses to be.

either way you end up at the same place and as a person on this planet we are equals and we all deserve equal respect

the cause is irrelevant

JMO

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,623
Like?
Bigotry is never justified.

Princess Leia wrote:

I'm not gay, but am passionate about people being discriminated against on the basis of their sex, race, religion, or sexual orientation.

Bigotry is bigotry, no matter what you use to "justify" it. Of course, Abraham was all ready to kill his child simply because God told him to do it (just as various Muslims carry out suicide bombings in the "name of Allah"), so I understand that some religious have a very different, and horrifying, mindset than I do.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads