What is the difference between Romney and Obama?

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 30,262Gear list
Like?
Re: He is named "Mitt"
In reply to Ubilam, May 18, 2012

Ubilam wrote:

DrugaRunda wrote:

They are basically the same.

"Mitt".
Am I the only one to notice that? Who else has that name?

It's short for Mittens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DrugaRunda
Senior MemberPosts: 2,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Romney would put the country under a deadly legal threat
In reply to Lee Jay, May 18, 2012

Those are two worthwhile differences - way on how to solve the deficit, and the support for the Christian right.

ljfinger wrote:

The next President will likely have the opportunity to nominate one or two supreme court justices. If Romney gets the chance, he'll try to put in some nut job from the Christian right. In my opinion there is no greater threat to the US than the Christian right, who have outwardly pushed for turning this country into a Christian theology. They are nothing but the US Christian version of the Taliban.

If Obama gets to nominate those justices, they will end up being moderates, while will stymie the Christian right's attempts to destroy the country for many years to come.

I'd call that a MAJOR difference.
--
Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

-- hide signature --

common sense is anything but common

DrugaRunda
Like?
Re: There are several differences
In reply to Marty4650, May 18, 2012

this is a good list

Marty4650 wrote:

• Romney never ate dogmeat

• Romney cannot quote from the "Holy Qu'ron" from memory

• Romney can easily find his birth certificate

• Romney does not apologize for America

• Romney understands basic economics

• Romney never attended a Church where they said "God Damn America"

-- hide signature --

DrugaRunda
Like?
Re: this place is proof
In reply to edwardaneal, May 18, 2012

Well, this looks very much true looking from outside. It is not that the government won, but the people who fund it (elections etc), for them the divide works as they can than play both sides for their own outcome the best, while the people are sqabbling over minute detail, like the bullying thing or the birth certificate and so on...

edwardaneal wrote:

this whole forum is proof that government has won - - they have divided us and have convinced us we must hate anyone who supports the other side - - we are screwed

divide and conquer - - - its an old concept but it works and the people here are the proof of it.

the people on the left here wont talk with us on the right about compromise and ways to come together and the people on the right are exactly the same.

It makes me sad - - I would love to actually sit down face to face with you who are on the left to try to find real solutions - - - but I coming to the realization that you truly think that hating me is a better answer to our problems than actually working with me - - and it seems as if the majority of people on my side feel the same way about your ideas.

its train wreck - - if we dont realize soon that nothing will ever get done. If we dont work together as Americans who love this country - - - it's going to explode and it wont be pretty

we are all turning into puppets dancing the dance the politicians want us to dance. And before you proudly proclaim "not me" if you just hate the other side and think they could never be right then yes - it is you

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
NEX-5 & 18-55 OSS
And a spare black 18-55

-- hide signature --

TFergus
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
Re: He would if he could, but he can't
In reply to mamallama, May 18, 2012

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

I will give Romney some credit because he has distanced himself from the right wing group who is trying to bring up Rev. Wright now.

That's one thing I like about him too.
His lack of desire for dirty politics and personal attacks.

He would if he could, but he can't because he's got too much dirty laundry that he's afraid it would provoke. His Mormon Church's racist and polygamist policies cannot be defended

But Rev. Wright's racist policies can?
Good to know.

He did not mention his religion even in his address to Liberty University. What does that tell you? :

Tells me that he isn't very invested in it or it was irrelevant to his speech.
Other than you, who cares?

Who cares? The students and staff at Liberty University would be interested in some discussion of his Mormon faith from a man wanting to be President because Liberty University has a course in Alternate Religions that teaches that Mormonism is a false religion and a cult . I can see some of those Liberty University graduates who were taught this anxious to hear from the man himself.

It is widely known as a false religion/cult.
(welcome to the 1800's, dude)
I'm pretty sure those students at Liberty are well aware

I have no idea what your point is... or how in the world you of all people can speak for an entire student body.

I have a feeling they would ask you to stop though

I know that the Liberty University students and staff are not liberal thinkers

You don't know that, you are assuming. Again.

A damn good assumption, knowing what I know about Liberty University.

Do you think anyone who would choose Liberty University is a liberal thinker?

I would doubt that... if they are of the typical liberal "activist" mindset.
If they just want a great education, then why not?

Doesn't change the fact that you know none of these students and are assuming anything you claim.

And do you think Liberty University is a liberal university??? Your answer will tell a lot about you. And your answer is ???

I never implied it was... so chill out on the overuse of question marks, old man.
Of course it's not.... thankfully.

It is a Christian University. That doesn't mean everyone that attends is a Christian. Some just want an excellent education, without all the forced liberal add-ons like the evolution myth or homosexual teachings.

TFergus
Like?

mamallama wrote:

Ubilam wrote:

DrugaRunda wrote:

"Mitt".

It's short for Mittens.

So you guys are the representative Obama supporter.

No wonder this country is F'd

TFergus
Like?

Ubilam wrote:

"Mitt".

I guess "Barack" is a very common name?
(I mean... other than the Muslim community).

Or should we bring up "Hussein".

Nah, the left will start up with the "how dare you mention that name!" like during the last election.

Suntan
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,117
Like?

His first name is actually Willard.

Which, while it doesn't really roll off the tongue, seems to stack up just fine next to Barack. …Uh... ...if the competition for first names means anything for the job.

Honestly, how silly. Please, care more about our country than to fixate on these childish things.

-Suntan

mamallama
Like?
In reply to TFergus, May 18, 2012

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

I will give Romney some credit because he has distanced himself from the right wing group who is trying to bring up Rev. Wright now.

That's one thing I like about him too.
His lack of desire for dirty politics and personal attacks.

He would if he could, but he can't because he's got too much dirty laundry that he's afraid it would provoke. His Mormon Church's racist and polygamist policies cannot be defended

But Rev. Wright's racist policies can?
Good to know.

He did not mention his religion even in his address to Liberty University. What does that tell you? :

Tells me that he isn't very invested in it or it was irrelevant to his speech.
Other than you, who cares?

Who cares? The students and staff at Liberty University would be interested in some discussion of his Mormon faith from a man wanting to be President because Liberty University has a course in Alternate Religions that teaches that Mormonism is a false religion and a cult . I can see some of those Liberty University graduates who were taught this anxious to hear from the man himself.

It is widely known as a false religion/cult.
(welcome to the 1800's, dude)
I'm pretty sure those students at Liberty are well aware

I have no idea what your point is... or how in the world you of all people can speak for an entire student body.

I have a feeling they would ask you to stop though

I know that the Liberty University students and staff are not liberal thinkers

You don't know that, you are assuming. Again.

A damn good assumption, knowing what I know about Liberty University.

Do you think anyone who would choose Liberty University is a liberal thinker?

I would doubt that... if they are of the typical liberal "activist" mindset.
If they just want a great education, then why not?

Doesn't change the fact that you know none of these students and are assuming anything you claim.

And do you think Liberty University is a liberal university??? Your answer will tell a lot about you. And your answer is ???

I never implied it was... so chill out on the overuse of question marks, old man.
Of course it's not.... thankfully.

It is a Christian University. That doesn't mean everyone that attends is a Christian. Some just want an excellent education, without all the forced liberal add-ons like the evolution myth or homosexual teachings.

Wrong. You mean excellent Christian education. That's different from an excellent education. Just look at the course description of the Alternate Religion course and you will understand.

TFergus
Like?
In reply to Suntan, May 18, 2012

Suntan wrote:

His first name is actually Willard.

And his middle name was taken from his dad's cousin Milton, who was a Chicago Bear.. and was nicknamed "Mitt"

Which, while it doesn't really roll off the tongue, seems to stack up just fine next to Barack. …Uh... ...if the competition for first names means anything for the job.

Honestly, how silly. Please, care more about our country than to fixate on these childish things.

No kidding.

It's surprising these goofs actually want to start on middle names, of all things.

I know Barack doesn't want them to.

TFergus
Like?

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

Wrong. You mean excellent Christian education. That's different from an excellent education. Just look at the course description of the Alternate Religion course and you will understand.

So don't take the class.
Oh wait... I forgot... you have no affiliation with Liberty whatsoever.
Just some biased attitude toward anything "Christian".

Liberty is known for an excellent education, including the hundreds of classes that have nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

You don't want to take me on, on this one.

mamallama
Like?

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

So don't take the class.

Liberty is known for an excellent education, including the hundreds of classes that have nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Show me where it is known and ranked as a liberal institution.

TFergus
Like?

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

TFergus wrote:

So don't take the class.

Show me where it is known and ranked as a liberal institution.

It's not.
We covered this already.
Scroll up...

Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?
Re: What is the difference between Romney and Obama?

TFergus wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

TFergus wrote:

If we started a list of the good things Obama has done... then after realizing we have nothing... and made a list of the things he has screwed up... the economy would be at the top of the list.

Both points are false.

Obama didn't screw up the economy, Bush did

Yeah, yeah ,yeah.... we've heard it for 4 years now.

Will hear it as long as Obama is ridiculed for his ridiculous spending and financial support of friends with failing companies, and "stimulus" funds sent to foreign countries... like the billions so far.

All of that is Bush's fault.

I get it.

Too bad Obama can't think for himself

Without that ridiculous spending, America would no longer have a domestic auto industry (GM and Chrysler would have failed), and most of what is left of your country's manufacturing industry would have been offshored once and for all.

You guys think you have it bad now, if you had elected McCain, or if you elect Romney this year, Somalia will be looking like a financial and industrial powerhouse compared to the USA.

TFergus
Like?
In reply to Wheatfield, May 18, 2012

Wheatfield wrote:

TFergus wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

TFergus wrote:

If we started a list of the good things Obama has done... then after realizing we have nothing... and made a list of the things he has screwed up... the economy would be at the top of the list.

Both points are false.

Obama didn't screw up the economy, Bush did

Yeah, yeah ,yeah.... we've heard it for 4 years now.

Will hear it as long as Obama is ridiculed for his ridiculous spending and financial support of friends with failing companies, and "stimulus" funds sent to foreign countries... like the billions so far.

All of that is Bush's fault.

I get it.

Too bad Obama can't think for himself

Without that ridiculous spending, America would no longer have a domestic auto industry (GM and Chrysler would have failed), and most of what is left of your country's manufacturing industry would have been offshored once and for all.

You guys think you have it bad now, if you had elected McCain, or if you elect Romney this year, Somalia will be looking like a financial and industrial powerhouse compared to the USA.

You sound like a complete idiot.

Not just the part about the auto companies who would not have failed, but would have just laid off a lot more.... Ford pulled through very easily, the others just took advantage of the help and we as taxpayers had to pay the price.

But the part about Romney or anyone else being a worse handler of the economy than Obama has been.

Evidently you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.... and not actually looking at the damage he is causing.

If I remember correctly you are on the outside looking in... and thus irrelevant.
Right ?

Ubilam
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,860
Like?
In reply to TFergus, May 19, 2012

TFergus wrote:

mamallama wrote:

Ubilam wrote:

DrugaRunda wrote:

"Mitt".

It's short for Mittens.

So you guys are the representative Obama supporter.

No wonder this country is F'd

Go buy some Facebook shares, Fergy.

coastcontact
Regular MemberPosts: 483Gear list
Like?
In reply to DrugaRunda, May 19, 2012

It was the late 1960s. I really didn’t start paying attention to politics until I joined the Beverly Hills Young Democrats. I didn’t join because of a party loyalty. I joined because it was a singles group with lots of attractive young women. Despite my wish to stay non-partisan that club did impact my views on a host of subjects.

In all the ensuing years from LBJ to Barack Obama the one thing that has been consistent is the promises by the presidents that things would be better for Americans if they won the office. The reality is that nothing did get better. The cost of living went sky high from those early days, most women had to go back to work after having children to sustain their life style, and the rich became ever more wealthy. Even worse, factory jobs were sent overseas making the fight for the remaining decent jobs even harder.

So why should I care who is elected in November? We have two wealthy people who will be protecting the system we have. Ross Perot was correct when he predicted “the sucking sound” of lost jobs if NAFTA becomes law. Today most of the products you buy were made elsewhere. Today when you call for service from some of America’s biggest companies you find yourself speaking to someone in India, the Philippines, or elsewhere in the Far East.

I don’t hear either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama saying he has a plan to return those “ordinary jobs” to America. No, they simply tell us how they will make things better using generalities about how bad the opponent is and how that opponent will only make things worse.

So whether it’s Barack Obama or Mitt Romney who wins, nothing will really change.

My blog is at http://coastcontact.wordpress.com/

Don
--
Coastcontact

coastcontact's gear list:coastcontact's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Ubilam
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,860
Like?
Money buys the Top Seat
In reply to coastcontact, May 19, 2012

Maybe if presidential candidates didn't have to raise the millions of bucks to become a U.S. President, better candidates might surface??

coastcontact wrote:

It was the late 1960s. I really didn’t start paying attention to politics until I joined the Beverly Hills Young Democrats. I didn’t join because of a party loyalty. I joined because it was a singles group with lots of attractive young women. Despite my wish to stay non-partisan that club did impact my views on a host of subjects.

In all the ensuing years from LBJ to Barack Obama the one thing that has been consistent is the promises by the presidents that things would be better for Americans if they won the office. The reality is that nothing did get better. The cost of living went sky high from those early days, most women had to go back to work after having children to sustain their life style, and the rich became ever more wealthy. Even worse, factory jobs were sent overseas making the fight for the remaining decent jobs even harder.

So why should I care who is elected in November? We have two wealthy people who will be protecting the system we have. Ross Perot was correct when he predicted “the sucking sound” of lost jobs if NAFTA becomes law. Today most of the products you buy were made elsewhere. Today when you call for service from some of America’s biggest companies you find yourself speaking to someone in India, the Philippines, or elsewhere in the Far East.

I don’t hear either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama saying he has a plan to return those “ordinary jobs” to America. No, they simply tell us how they will make things better using generalities about how bad the opponent is and how that opponent will only make things worse.

So whether it’s Barack Obama or Mitt Romney who wins, nothing will really change.

My blog is at http://coastcontact.wordpress.com/

Don
--
Coastcontact

Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,533Gear list
Like?
speaking of unusual names
In reply to Ubilam, May 19, 2012

Mitt Romney certainly isn't unique in having an unusual name.

And since the radical left seems to enjoy poking fun at his odd name, let me give you a few good examples right of the top of my head, of some other unusual names that they feel are perfectly fine:

• Debbie Wasserman-Schultz

• Boutros Boutros-Ghali

• Kwame Mfume

• Janeane Garofalo

• Rahm Emanuel

• Fritz Mondale

• Barack Hussein Obama

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads