OLY VF-2 EVF working on X2

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,229
Like?
Glad the Olympus VF2 works !
In reply to satijntje, May 18, 2012

The Oly VF2 works great. Oly sells a cheaper version but it was worth the extra $100 for the better one.

Should I/we ever get an X2 I am thrilled the VF2 we already own will work on the Leica. I only wish the VF2 would work on my wife's X1.

The early reports seem to indicate the X2's screen may be a little better. I am curious if they have found a way to tweak the screens as I am guessing it is the exact same one as the X1 ?

I bought the Oly VF2 for our M4/3 EPL-1 and it makes the camera so much easier to use in bright sun. It is a game changer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mhike
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
Re: Glad the Olympus VF2 works !
In reply to mcshan, May 18, 2012

mcshan wrote:

The Oly VF2 works great. Oly sells a cheaper version but it was worth the extra $100 for the better one.

Should I/we ever get an X2 I am thrilled the VF2 we already own will work on the Leica. I only wish the VF2 would work on my wife's X1.

The early reports seem to indicate the X2's screen may be a little better. I am curious if they have found a way to tweak the screens as I am guessing it is the exact same one as the X1 ?

I bought the Oly VF2 for our M4/3 EPL-1 and it makes the camera so much easier to use in bright sun. It is a game changer.

How much better can one make a screen that is basically something from 2004?

Peter Vaktor
Contributing MemberPosts: 993
Like?
In reply to mhike, May 18, 2012

I believe that the refresh rate of the screen is much faster, so in spite of having the same pixel count, it appears crisper and without as much lag, particularly in low light.

chiane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,178
Like?
In reply to mhike, May 18, 2012

You would be surprised what Leica fairy dust can do. It does effect the screen, just the user.

mhike wrote:

mcshan wrote:

How much better can one make a screen that is basically something from 2004?

Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 26,826
Like?

... as I am guessing it is the exact same one as the X1 ...

Yup, you are guessing. It might be, but who cares really? The LCD works fine in the X1 too.

-- hide signature --
chiane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,178
Like?
In reply to Godfrey, May 18, 2012

Godfrey wrote:

... as I am guessing it is the exact same one as the X1 ...

Yup, you are guessing. It might be, but who cares really? The LCD works fine in the X1 too.

-- hide signature --

My cell phone from 1999 worked fine too. No reason to ever change. They should just keep selling the same one over and over.

mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,229
Like?
In reply to Godfrey, May 18, 2012

I have an X1. The screen could be a lot better. Some believe we should never let progress get in the way of tradition. I don't feel that way.

shaocaholica
Contributing MemberPosts: 839
Like?

How is having a low resolution LCD 'tradition'?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads